GAME BALLS JETS VS JAGUARS

Larz

I think Bricks play has a lot to do with Winters when Calon is there he is night and day.

Colon plays on the right.

Carpenter is on the left between Mangold and Brick. 

On both the sacks that Brick gave up, he just played awful football. I agree that getting Mangold back to make the line calls will benefit all of them, but today Brick just had a bad showing.

You nailed it.

I think Brick was the biggest disappointment on offense (of our regular starters), letting up two big sacks. Mauldin and Williams really brought the defense "up" today. Fitz is the heart and soul of this team. He had 2-3 bad throws today, but damn he did just about everything he could to offset the areas we struggled. 

The injuries we've endured on our way to 5-3, when looked at in context, makes the record that much more to be happy about.

I can't wait to see this team healthy.

Fitz is a much better QB than most people think .

As for cant wait to see this team healthy that should only apply to the offense cause the Defense and the scheme we currently run stinks. The DC who I thought had his sh*t together is terrible

Fitz is a much better QB than most people think .

As for cant wait to see this team healthy that should only apply to the offense cause the Defense and the scheme we currently run stinks. The DC who I thought had his sh*t together is terrible

I've said it the past 3 weeks. We spent too much money on this defense to have put it in the hands of a first-time DC. I know Bowles is supposed to be a defensive-minded head coach, but I want him focused on being a HC. If he has to over-compensate for the DC, then it takes him away from his core responsibilities. 

That said, I hope Bowles starts getting a little more hands-on with the defense. What we've done the past few weeks reminds me far too much of Rex's defenses. Stuff the run, push teams to 3rd and long, and then drop everyone into coverage and give up a first down. We haven't consistently been ending drives, even though we get ourselves into position to do so. 

I dunno... hopefully they're just in a funk and get better on the back 8.

I've said it the past 3 weeks. We spent too much money on this defense to have put it in the hands of a first-time DC. I know Bowles is supposed to be a defensive-minded head coach, but I want him focused on being a HC. If he has to over-compensate for the DC, then it takes him away from his core responsibilities. 

That said, I hope Bowles starts getting a little more hands-on with the defense. What we've done the past few weeks reminds me far too much of Rex's defenses. Stuff the run, push teams to 3rd and long, and then drop everyone into coverage and give up a first down. We haven't consistently been ending drives, even though we get ourselves into position to do so. 

I dunno... hopefully they're just in a funk and get better on the back 8.

Major difference. We get turnovers. Rex's defenses rarely did.

Archived