Was there a report about Fitz having surgery Fri?

frankiepapa

It was said by the announcers of today's game that Fitz will have corrective surgery on his thumb Friday morning.

@KMart_LI: Per CBS's @JamieErdahl, Fitzpatrick will not wait until after the season to undergo surgery + "logical schedule might be this upcoming Fri"

Weird it wasn't brought up in the post game. Very strange. 

Jets play on Thursday this week. I haven't seen anything about a Fitz surgery. As far as I heard it would wait until the offseason. 

Yeah thats what I had heard. And yes, forgot about us playing TNF. In that case, surgery on Friday and he'll have 16 days to come back and play, or rest him against the Phins too and he'll have 23 days to heal.

Yeah thats what I had heard. And yes, forgot about us playing TNF. In that case, surgery on Friday and he'll have 16 days to come back and play, or rest him against the Phins too and he'll have 23 days to heal.

I'd imagine if they're doing a surgery, he wouldn't miss any time. He wouldn't do it if he can play like he did today but had to miss time. 

There is a game 9 days following surgery against the Texans.

Archived