Time for Fitzpatrick to Step up Against Rex

JetNation

One of the "few times" according to nyjunc....

After all he only committed 52 turnovers in his last two seasons as a Jet QB but obviously Buttfumble wasnt responsible for any losses those seasons

List me the games he was the biggest culprit in losses? 

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and in chip shot range why are they still passing?

I don't agree with this criticism. There were four and a half minutes left in the game. Way too early to just run two more plays in the middle of the line and settle for a 2 point lead. Trying to score a TD and go for two is the right decision there, IMO. But the QB can't force the issue. Kelly's biggest mistake there was having faith in Sanchez. 

I don't agree with this criticism. There were four and a half minutes left in the game. Way too early to just run two more plays in the middle of the line and settle for a 2 point lead. Trying to score a TD and go for two is the right decision there, IMO. But the QB can't force the issue. Kelly's biggest mistake there was having faith in Sanchez. 

more like having faith in Austin who stopped running and killed them in the 4th qtr.

more like having faith in Austin who stopped running and killed them in the 4th qtr.

The fact that you thought the Eagles should have taken the ball out of Sanchez's hands and relied on their defense to protect a 2 point lead is all I need to know about how much you trust Sanchez. 

The fact that you thought the Eagles should have taken the ball out of Sanchez's hands and relied on their defense to protect a 2 point lead is all I need to know about how much you trust Sanchez. 

I never said that but it is a little curious late in the game in chip shot range w/ a guy who had yet to play this season in the game.  I trust Mark for the most part, he will always have some bad decisions but he's usually good in late game situations but the man hadn't played and it was clear he had no reps w/ guys like Austin where the 2 were not on the same page.

I never said that but it is a little curious late in the game in chip shot range w/ a guy who had yet to play this season in the game.  I trust Mark for the most part, he will always have some bad decisions but he's usually good in late game situations but the man hadn't played and it was clear he had no reps w/ guys like Austin where the 2 were not on the same page.

He's a veteran who was getting a ton of first team reps throughout camp. He came in cold against the Texans last year and played well overall, so we know he's capable of succeeding in that spot. He just failed in this one. But I do think the overall criticism of Sanchez is unfair. He's an above average backup and definitely has a place in the league. It's not his fault he was over-drafted. 

He's a veteran who was getting a ton of first team reps throughout camp. He came in cold against the Texans last year and played well overall, so we know he's capable of succeeding in that spot. He just failed in this one. But I do think the overall criticism of Sanchez is unfair. He's an above average backup and definitely has a place in the league. It's not his fault he was over-drafted. 

I think he threw an INT at Hou last year too.  Ultimately he shouldn't have made the decision, that's why he is who he is.  He's a guy you can win big with but a guy who is prone to turn the ball over.

Sanchez - 2012

Vs Pitt: 37% comp, 138 yards, 2 sacks

vs SanFran: 45%, 103 yards, 3 sacks, 1 fumble

vs Hou: 45%, 2 ints, 3 sacks, 2 fumbles

vs NE: 1 int, 4 sacks, 2 fumbles (in a 3 point loss)

vs Miami: 52%, 1 int, 4 sacks, 1 fumble

vs Sea: 41%, 124 yards, 1 int, 3 sacks, 1 fumble

vs Tenn: 46%, 131 yards, 4 ints, 3 sacks, 1 fumble.

vs Buff: 49%, 1 int, 1 sack, 2 fumbles.

Awful awful accuracy, turnover prone, holds the ball too long.  He actually played well vs NE that year.  I'm sure there are loads of 'good' reasons whey Mark couldn't complete half his passes got sacked like it was going out of style and coughed the ball up.  None of those games were his fault I'm sure.

Sanchez - 2012

Awful awful accuracy, turnover prone, holds the ball too long.  He actually played well vs NE that year.  I'm sure there are loads of 'good' reasons whey Mark couldn't complete half his passes got sacked like it was going out of style and coughed the ball up.  None of those games were his fault I'm sure.

Only 8 of 16

Just a "few" as mark's pr rep junc reported

Sent from my LG-H345 using Tapatalk

Only 8 of 16

I still remember the SF game.  It was the moment I completely gave up on Sanchez.  Up until that point I was on the "he needs weapons" bandwagon.  Then I saw him, as a veteran with multiple years of experience, throw an INT right over the middle to Dustin Keller who had the LB in his hip pocket for the entire route.  Sanchez stared him down from the second he got the ball.  He didn't pump fake.  He didn't look to another part of the field.  He just started at Keller going up the seam and threw it right in to the arms of the defender who was with Keller stride for stride the entire time.  You can live with mistakes and growing pains, etc.  But when your veteran QB is still doing that?  Ugh.

I think he threw an INT at Hou last year too.  Ultimately he shouldn't have made the decision, that's why he is who he is.  He's a guy you can win big with but a guy who is prone to turn the ball over.

Also inaccurate.  He lacks the upside to get to call himself a "gunslinger".  Only 17 times in his 78 career starts (postseason included) has he had either 300+ yards OR thrown for 3+ TD's (22 % of his starts).   He's also only had 1 game where he threw 4 TD's. 

For comparison purposes, an ACTUAL gunslinger, Jay Cutler, has had 42 such games in 129 career starts (33 %).  He's also had 6 games where he threw 4 TD's. 

And Jay Cutler is f*ckin terrible.

Sanchez - 2012

comp % is not accuracy, when you are throwing to Chaz Schilens, Stephen Hill and Clyde Gates that will impact ones "accuracy".  2012 Mark was horrible but he had no chance

by the way, in that NE game he led us to the lead late and the D blew it.  we also could have run out the clock in regulation but Hill dropped that easy 1st down. 

I still remember the SF game.  It was the moment I completely gave up on Sanchez.  Up until that point I was on the "he needs weapons" bandwagon.  Then I saw him, as a veteran with multiple years of experience, throw an INT right over the middle to Dustin Keller who had the LB in his hip pocket for the entire route.  Sanchez stared him down from the second he got the ball.  He didn't pump fake.  He didn't look to another part of the field.  He just started at Keller going up the seam and threw it right in to the arms of the defender who was with Keller stride for stride the entire time.  You can live with mistakes and growing pains, etc.  But when your veteran QB is still doing that?  Ugh.

he had an INJURED Dustin keller who was a shell of his former self and that was the game Holmes got hurt against the future NFC CHAMPIONS who were pretty good. 

Only 8 of 16

wait, those games are the ones mark blew?  seriously?

at Pitt: Ben completes nearly 80% of his passes but that is somehow Mark's fault?

vs SanFran: the 3 YPC btw Greene nad Powell sure helped especially w/ all those healthy weapons to throw to.

vs Hou: brought us back from 20-7 down and gave us a chance to win

vs NE: Trailing 23-13 in the 4th leads us to a 26-23 w/ a min and a half.

vs Miami: we allowed 30 pts, we had 23 tragets that day to Gates, Schilens and Hill.

vs Sea: O was main culprit but hard to pin on QB when nothing as working.

vs Tenn: this was on him though the vaunted D allowed a 94 yd rush TD.  twice in that game we took the lead, twice the D gave it back.

vs Buff: last game of the year, was completely meaningless.

Also inaccurate.  He lacks the upside to get to call himself a "gunslinger".  Only 17 times in his 78 career starts (postseason included) has he had either 300+ yards OR thrown for 3+ TD's (22 % of his starts).   He's also only had 1 game where he threw 4 TD's. 

For comparison purposes, an ACTUAL gunslinger, Jay Cutler, has had 42 such games in 129 career starts (33 %).  He's also had 6 games where he threw 4 TD's. 

And Jay Cutler is f*ckin terrible.

who cares about 300 yds? Jay Cutler has also won ONE playoff game in his career w/ teams more talented than mark had and that one playoff win was at home w/ a bye against a 7-9 team.

Mark has proven a team can win big w/ him.  he helped us get to 2 title games and he played outstanding en route to both but whiny Jet fans want 300 yd games. 

comp % is not accuracy, when you are throwing to Chaz Schilens, Stephen Hill and Clyde Gates that will impact ones "accuracy".  2012 Mark was horrible but he had no chance

by the way, in that NE game he led us to the lead late and the D blew it.  we also could have run out the clock in regulation but Hill dropped that easy 1st down. 

Lame excuse.

he had an INJURED Dustin keller who was a shell of his former self and that was the game Holmes got hurt against the future NFC CHAMPIONS who were pretty good. 

After lame excuse.

at Pitt: Ben completes nearly 80% of his passes but that is somehow Mark's fault?

vs SanFran: the 3 YPC btw Greene nad Powell sure helped especially w/ all those healthy weapons to throw to.

vs Miami: we allowed 30 pts, we had 23 tragets that day to Gates, Schilens and Hill.

vs Tenn: this was on him though the vaunted D allowed a 94 yd rush TD.  twice in that game we took the lead, twice the D gave it back.

After lame excuse.

who cares about 300 yds? Jay Cutler has also won ONE playoff game in his career w/ teams more talented than mark had and that one playoff win was at home w/ a bye against a 7-9 team.

Mark has proven a team can win big w/ him.  he helped us get to 2 title games and he played outstanding en route to both but whiny Jet fans want 300 yd games. 

After lame excuse.

For 7 years.

My favorite line in all of that:  "O was the main culprit but hard to pin that on the QB."

Actually its very easy to pin an offense's woes on a QB.  Very easy.  Because his job is to lead the team on scoring drives.  That's his job.  One Sanchez has been a complete failure pile at doing for his entire career. 

Sanchez sucks. 

Lame excuse.

After lame excuse.

After lame excuse.

After lame excuse.

For 7 years.

yep, show me how many QBs have succeeded w/ Chaz Schilens, Clyde Gates and Stehpen Hill types as their top 3 receivers- led by Tony Sparano w/ a little but of Tebow sprinkled in for fun!

Sheer and utter nonsense, long term comp % is accuracy 100% for sure.  Sanchez has a career comp % of 57%  Dreadful by todays standards.  He played well in both NE games the fact remains in that 3 point loss he had an int, 4 sacks and 2 fumbles.  That is not Tom Brady out dueling Mark that is a guy that played one of his better games and still managed to turn it over and get sacked.

As expected you ignored all the strong evidence to suggest that the Qb sucked donkey balls in almost all of those games, in a league where you win with a good QB.  And you have the gaul to slap all sorts of credit on him for the few big wins he got and ignore all else.  Mark got us to two afc title games but mark is not responsible for any of the losses.

My favorite line in all of that:  "O was the main culprit but hard to pin that on the QB."

Actually its very easy to pin an offense's woes on a QB.  Very easy.  Because his job is to lead the team on scoring drives.  That's his job.  One Sanchez has been a complete failure pile at doing for his entire career. 

Sanchez sucks. 

facing the best D in football on the road w/ those weapons.  Yeah, it was all Mark.

In that season:

Dallas scored 7 pts

GB scored 12

Arizona 0

NFC Champ SF: 13, w/ the lone TD coming in garbage time

but Mark Sanchez was supposed to lead us to the win in Seattle w/ the crap he had around him.  you guys are too funny.

As expected you ignored all the strong evidence to suggest that the Qb sucked donkey balls in almost all of those games, in a league where you win with a good QB.  And you have the gaul to slap all sorts of credit on him for the few big wins he got and ignore all else.  Mark got us to two afc title games but mark is not responsible for any of the losses.

the question was games HE cost us w/ bad TOs late not games he didn't play well in.  In Most of 2012 he was awful but you didn't answer the question, rather deflected b/c you don't like what the answer is.

Sheer and utter nonsense, long term comp % is accuracy 100% for sure.  Sanchez has a career comp % of 57%  Dreadful by todays standards.  He played well in both NE games the fact remains in that 3 point loss he had an int, 4 sacks and 2 fumbles.  That is not Tom Brady out dueling Mark that is a guy that played one of his better games and still managed to turn it over and get sacked.

has nothing to do w/ the offense he played in?

Last year he had a 64% comp %, was he all of a sudden accurate after years of not being accurate w/ us?

he led us back from 10 down in the 4th gtr at the toughest stadium in the league to win in and gave his D a lead in the final minute.

So he was awful in 2012 but he didn't cost us any games.  Seems reasonable.  I must have lost your question in all the usually kerfuffle state it again and I'll answer.  As for the non talent comments, you have to actually watch games to make sure what you are seeing is what the stats indicate.  All too often you would see this, our play works, the wr or te gets open, the pass is poorly thrown.  Or the receiver does not get open, he is well covered, the QB throws the pass anyway,  or the plays are not there, get ride of the ball or run, instead the QB gets sacked or strip sacked.  All of those things are hallmarks of Sanchez time here.

the question was games HE cost us w/ bad TOs late not games he didn't play well in.  In Most of 2012 he was awful but you didn't answer the question, rather deflected b/c you don't like what the answer is.

Timeouts are about number 100 on the list of reasons that Sanchez is/was terrible.  You win one there.

So he was awful in 2012 but he didn't cost us any games.  Seems reasonable.  I must have lost your question in all the usually kerfuffle state it again and I'll answer.  As for the non talent comments, you have to actually watch games to make sure what you are seeing is what the stats indicate.  All too often you would see this, our play works, the wr or te gets open, the pass is poorly thrown.  Or the receiver does not get open, he is well covered, the QB throws the pass anyway,  or the plays are not there, get ride of the ball or run, instead the QB gets sacked or strip sacked.  All of those things are hallmarks of Sanchez time here.

Please try to keep up, the discussion as about him throwing the late game INT last week.  I was told he did this throughout his career here, I asked for examples and I am getting crickets.

Keller was hurt?  Wow, so you're saying it was an even worse decision than I thought?  Thank goodness he's throwing games away for another team now.

No worries though, he gets to beat up on the Bucs and Lions over the next couple weeks...be sure to set your DVR.

Keller was hurt?  Wow, so you're saying it was an even worse decision than I thought?  Thank his he's throwing games away for another team now.

No worries though, he gets to beat up on the Bucs and Lions over the next couple weeks...be sure to set your DVR.

OHHHH so when they win it will be b/c they beat inferior teams but when Fitz beats inferior teams he's the greatest.  Got it.

OHHHH so when they win it will be b/c they beat inferior teams but when Fitz beats inferior teams he's the greatest.  Got it.

The difference between you an the ones you are going after here is that the people supporting Fitzpatrick know he is limited, not a long term good starter and will only go as far as the rest of the team takes him.  In your eyes Mark lead the team to all their success but has no culpability in the teams failures.

In terms of type of offenses and comp %, well you got me there, the jets systems called for an under 50% comp rating I guess.

The difference between you an the ones you are going after here is that the people supporting Fitzpatrick know he is limited, not a long term good starter and will only go as far as the rest of the team takes him.  In your eyes Mark lead the team to all their success but has no culpability in the teams failures.

In terms of type of offenses and comp %, well you got me there, the jets systems called for an under 50% comp rating I guess.

That's a reading comprehension issue on your part, at no time have I ever called mark great or said that he would be great.  I defend him when people act like he's the worst QB ever.  it's sad how Jet fans cannot appreciate what this guy did for us.

This thread is supposed to be about Ryan Fitzpatrick

Somehow, one specific poster has managed to.highjack, derail and disrupt the entire discussion into.another impassioned defense of his idol, the Buttfumble Kid repeating over and over and over the same tired, lame litany of excuses he has been blathering on multiple nessage boards for years

Bad weapons, bad coordinators, bad defenses, bad head coaches and GMs, bad offensive lines, bad hot dogs on the sidelines, bad sun spots

Everything but the one simple factor that Jet fans recognize and now Eagle fans recognize too

Sanchez sucks

Period

Now back to updates on the fine starting QB, #14, Ryan Fitzpatrick

This thread is supposed to be about Ryan Fitzpatrick

Somehow, one specific poster has managed to.highjack, derail and disrupt the entire discussion into.another impassioned defense of his idol, the Buttfumble Kid repeating over and over and over the same tired, lame litany of excuses he has been blathering on multiple nessage boards for years

Bad weapons, bad coordinators, bad defenses, bad head coaches and GMs, bad offensive lines, bad hot dogs on the sidelines, bad sun spots

Everything but the one simple factor that Jet fans recognize and now Eagle fans recognize too

Sanchez sucks

Period

Now back to updates on the fine starting QB, #14, Ryan Fitzpatrick

the thread wasn't about updates for Ryan, it was about Ryan against Rex which is over until week 17.  mark was discussed b/c he came up in the article where the author wrote biased, misinformed info and I politely corrected him.

Archived