Whats wrong with Jadeveon Clowney?

Villain The Foe

Though I didnt expect Clowney to live up to the amount of overhype, I must say that the man hasnt lived up to even half of it. 

Its his 2nd year and I wouldnt call him a bust at this point but this guy isnt playing like the #1 draft pick of two years ago and he certainly doesnt look like "The next big thing". 

What are your thoughts? 

I saw simms or someone point out how effective he was in the run game, but wasn't getting a lot of rush chances.  It may be scheme or role related.

what are you basing this on ?

Stats mostly. His stats doesnt have to be stacked with sacks, but the guy only has like 2 or 3 tackles for loss this year. I havent seen any highlights from him or the NFL even talking about him. I've only seen about 3 Texans games this year so I cant say that the guy has been trash, but I havent heard anything about Clowney at all since coming back from injury. 

Stats mostly. His stats doesnt have to be stacked with sacks, but the guy only has like 2 or 3 tackles for loss this year. I havent seen any highlights from him or the NFL even talking about him. I've only seen about 3 Texans games this year so I cant say that the guy has been trash, but I havent heard anything about Clowney at all since coming back from injury. 

yeah I didn't see a lot of him and I have to agree he has hardly been in the news.  Its weird you would think with watt on the other side he would be looking at constant single blocking and really make an impact

maybe he got away with lazy habits in college and has no technique ?

yeah I didn't see a lot of him and I have to agree he has hardly been in the news.  Its weird you would think with watt on the other side he would be looking at constant single blocking and really make an impact

maybe he got away with lazy habits in college and has no technique ?

Exactly. I thought with Watt requiring so much attention that this guy would be ballin' just based on that. In some ways that has to be a disappointment for the Texans. 

The injury bug has bitten him several times.  It seems as soon as he gets healthy, I hear about another injury of his.

That said, the texans are a poorly coached football team in a WEAK division.  It would be nice to plays the Jags twice, the Titans twice, and the Colts twice this year.   

The injury bug has bitten him several times.  It seems as soon as he gets healthy, I hear about another injury of his.

That said, the texans are a poorly coached football team in a WEAK division.  It would be nice to plays the Jags twice, the Titans twice, and the Colts twice this year.   

I hope people remember this statement when Andrew Luck comes back next year. 

Archived