Jason Spriggs : OLT , Indiana

Tinstar

Am I crazy or does this the tweets and the way he plays remind anyone else of a certain LT who plays for the NYJets .  Light on his feet, excels in Pass protection with an ability to stay in front of his man  but doesn't provide much of a push in run blocking.

Who better to teach Spriggs than a guy whose game he emulates.

I like Coleman also, especially because he will smash you in the run game .  The problem is I think folks are gonna shy away from him in the 1st round and he might not last until our pick in round 2 .

All things being equal, I would prefer to trade down in round 1 , take a shot on another player I think teams are gonna shy away from (Spence) and see who's left at tackle in the  2nd.

Spence, Coleman and Devontae Booker would make me real happy.

Am I crazy or does this the tweets and the way he plays remind anyone else of a certain LT who plays for the NYJets .  Light on his feet, excels in Pass protection with an ability to stay in front of his man  but doesn't provide much of a push in run blocking.

Who better to teach Spriggs than a guy whose game he emulates.

Yeah because aging NFL starters are  always more then happy to teach young guys how to take their pay checks.

One of the real fun quotes on that is a scribe asked Rogers how much Favre had helped him.  Rogers:  "I think he said hello to me once"     :)  

If we could work out a trade down into the late 1st, I would take Spriggs  and let him sit for the rear. At 20 I think I would take Spence  if he's there or look to trade down unless a QB I like is there.

On a side note, Eli Apple reminds me of Revis coming out of Pit.  He's aggressive against the run, can cover man to man or in Zone and the only question about him is his long speed heading into the combine .  If he runs in the 4.4s , he's guaranteed top 20. 

I know Mccags has played the BAP so far, and perhaps it was too easy last year when williams fell into his lap.  however, he knows they need tackles, allegedly they were looking hard at tackles in the draft last year, and at some point he also knows they have to invest 1st rounders on offense.  i believe they will take an OT in the first round this year, claiming BAP meets need.  

I know Mccags has played the BAP so far, and perhaps it was too easy last year when williams fell into his lap.  however, he knows they need tackles, allegedly they were looking hard at tackles in the draft last year, and at some point he also knows they have to invest 1st rounders on offense.  i believe they will take an OT in the first round this year, claiming BAP meets need.  

I suspect that Macc is going to go with Bap again this year.  Still to many holes to fill  to slot 1st round picks to need.

For what it's worth, and at this time of year not much, but according to the tweets, so far at both the Shrine game, and the Senior Bowl, the Jets have been talking to 1st round edge rushers, who could be the BAP at that point, and mid round QB's.

I agree the Jets need to start looking at OL replacements in the near future.  Unless they believe Qvale can replace Breno. I hope that's the case. Tin mentioned a good prospect at LT  in Spriggs, who coming into the Senior Bowl had a 3-4 round grade.  Suspect he has moved up, he's had a strong week. 

The best available player at 20 might be Mr Trade Down .

You might be right.  Depends who's on the board, but for me it would be hard to trade away Spence, Jaylon Smith, or Wentz.  I think one of them is going to be on the board.

Wentz may have fallen out of the conversation during Senior Bowl week.

EDIT:  Actually I meant Wentz might have fallen UP the the conversation.  I saw some people say he might have earned the #1 or #2 QB taken spot.   Crappy QB class

• 4 weeks later...

Archived