Which HC decision was worse?

AFJF

Which HC decision was worse?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Which was worse?

• Rex Ryan handing the reigns to Mark Sanchez in 09/10 instead of getting a vet like Fitz?
    • Bowles giving Ivory 6 carries against Buffalo and having a weak armed Fitz throw it around in 20+ MPH winds?
    • Mangini sticking with Favre after biceps injury prevented him from being able to throw the ball in 08?
    • Kotite starting a college QB at CB against Tim Brown on MNF?

GM is responsible for the draft selections ultimately.  

Do you think you can provide some of the links to the WELL PUBLICIZED articles at the time that proved that Rex  forced Tanny to select Sanchez.  I don't remember them at all from the time. 

Forced? LOL, what a joke. If anyone paid even the slightest bit of attention they would understand the switch to Tannebaum as GM of the Jets. He was meant to be a Pioli type GM for the HC, this started with Mangini and continued with Rex.  Rex picked the groceries, Tannenbaum just figured out how to fit them into the budget and executed.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Forced? LOL, what a joke. If anyone paid even the slightest bit of attention they would understand the switch to Tannebaum as GM of the Jets. He was meant to be a Pioli type GM for the HC, this started with Mangini and continued with Rex.  Rex picked the groceries, Tannenbaum just figured out how to fit them into the budget and executed.

I'm just trying to find a creditable source, other then an internet message board poster,  who has some real knowledge of how both Mangini and Ryan, coerced their boss into making draft selections he was opposed to?

I've seen a lot of posters throw this out with derision over the years, just can't recall anyone creditable, like Woody saying Tanny wasn't in charge.  Actually for the most part what I remember was all the "Trader Mike" articles saying how he was in charge.   I'd honestly like a link to convince me he wasn't in charge.  .   

a vet like Fitz that couldn't even get a loaded team to the playoffs this year, it's too bad we didn't get him in 2009 then we wouldn't have those 2 title game apps to look back on.

riiiight.

unless those #s show how many attempted from that side of the field and what the conditions were they were meaningless in only a few seasons.

HOFers never have negative plays.

I am telling you what happened in SD, their K also missed a makeable FG but that game doesn't get to OT if Eric Barton doesn't rough Brees after we stopped them at the end of regulation.

I don't know the details, but it would seem 0 in three years is more than a coincidence.  This plus the fact that my kicker just missed a kick of practically the same distance combined with the wind conditions tells me that perhaps I should get a little closer. 

HOFers make big plays in big games.    I don't think it is unreasonable to expect a HoF RB to make a play on a screen when the MOST aggressive play anyone in the stadium is expecting is a run up the middle.   Sometimes you have to be aggressive even if the football by numbers book says no.  This was classic playing not to lose instead of playing to win. 

And the fact that ironically similar situation that benefited us the week before only occurred because of a penalty on Barton (legit or not) is not relevant.  It did in fact occur and Herm would have been wise to remember Marty's mistake (not the best playoff coach by far) and not make it again the following week.

I don't know the details, but it would seem 0 in three years is more than a coincidence.  This plus the fact that my kicker just missed a kick of practically the same distance combined with the wind conditions tells me that perhaps I should get a little closer. 

HOFers make big plays in big games.    I don't think it is unreasonable to expect a HoF RB to make a play on a screen when the MOST aggressive play anyone in the stadium is expecting is a run up the middle.   Sometimes you have to be aggressive even if the football by numbers book says no.  This was classic playing not to lose instead of playing to win. 

And the fact that ironically similar situation that benefited us the week before only occurred because of a penalty on Barton (legit or not) is not relevant.  It did in fact occur and Herm would have been wise to remember Marty's mistake (not the best playoff coach by far) and not make it again the following week.

K just missed from 47 hitting the crossbar, the next kick was from 43.  if he kicks it the exact same way it's good but he pulled it.

0 in 3 years can be a trend of coincidence, as it turned out it was a coincidence.  the K just choked, nothing more.

if the scree is diagnosed by the D the RB has no chance.

it was not the same situation a week earlier, he had his K barely missing from 47 fresh in his head.  the K needs to make that kick, he failed.

K just missed from 47 hitting the crossbar, the next kick was from 43.  if he kicks it the exact same way it's good but he pulled it.

0 in 3 years can be a trend of coincidence, as it turned out it was a coincidence.  the K just choked, nothing more.

if the scree is diagnosed by the D the RB has no chance.

it was not the same situation a week earlier, he had his K barely missing from 47 fresh in his head.  the K needs to make that kick, he failed.

agree to disagree

Bowles isn''t the OC, and the offensive game planning all season came to a climax

in Buffallo, it is a major problem, the OC should get canned immediately and  Bowles

has an excellent chance of becoming the next Herman Edwards, actually it looks more and

more everyday that we have Terry Bradway and Herman Edwards back, I hope I'm wrong.

3 seasons, plus however many playoff games Pitt had is a fairly decent sample size.  We didn't have the best kicker in the league, we had an above average kicker who made most of his big kicks and was scapegoated for that came.

The great CM is a HoF.  I sure he would have been smart enough to slap the ball to the ground if there was nothing there.

Don't remember the details of the referenced SD game other than the exact same scenario occurring and don't care to look it up, point is the decision and result happened which should have been been in the back of hermi's mind

Archived