Smurfs Mafia - Game Thread

Gone

11 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I meant it in terms of shrinking back into the jokey background... I don't care that you went to the gym. 

Okay, I thought you were specifically referring to me absence in that period.

I did kinda blow my whole load on just a few posts. It takes time for me to reload and build upon my impressions.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Spoot-Face said:

Not voting anyone, although I'm sure you already knew that. Not quite ready yet as I don't want to mistakenly mislynch someone, and with it only taking 5 votes, there's not much room for error. I'm leaning either Verb (for seemingly taking some things way too seriously, a la Brett's "buddying" accusation) or Leelou (for seemingly overreacting to Hallia's fos).

Now, I'm not confident enough in any of my reads to make a play just yet. My suspicion of Leelou is built around my initial town lead on Hallia, though I could be wrong about Hallia, since this is the first time I've seen her posting.

I'm waiting to see where this goes, and if anything else jumps out at me.

Oh, there was also the time when Verb was seemingly trying to focus the spotlight on us.

No, it was a legit question. I'm not monitoring the vote movement that closely. I asked someone else earlier. I'm writing my presentation for tomorrow and squeezing this in between PPT slides...

Just now, StraightCash said:

No WIFOM??

Oh, it's an absolute WIFOM, but in my experience playing on DM, those ****ers are all prone to two behavioral patterns:

1. if they get vanilla town, they pretty much stop caring about the game (and many of them ask to be replaced)

2. if they get anything other than vanilla town, they are SO scared to die that they basically walk on eggshells the whole game

So, I don't know her specific meta, but I pretty much weigh DMer play by these two rules.

I don't think she's walking on eggshells, and I don't think she cares if her game ends: I believe that she's vanilla town.

hallia lynch is too easy, can't believe she's scum.. lynchign scum early, never mind day 1, is usually a fight.. like the other game when we had ape and avm locked at 3 votes a piece for ever. Scum usually isn't particularly keen on losing pieces early

8 minutes ago, CTM said:

hallia lynch is too easy, can't believe she's scum.. lynchign scum early, never mind day 1, is usually a fight.. like the other game when we had ape and avm locked at 3 votes a piece for ever. Scum usually isn't particularly keen on losing pieces early

Well if you'd do something other than park a vote on Jif the whole day, maybe you can generate some momentum to lynch someone else.

4 minutes ago, StraightCash said:

You're coasting. Do you really want to lynch Jif today? Or are you just laying low, against 1 lynch but not promoting an alternative.

I'm coasting because I'm advocating not lynchjng hallia and had wanted jif to get some pressure? 

6 minutes ago, CTM said:

I'm coasting because I'm advocating not lynchjng hallia and had wanted jif to get some pressure? 

You said his recent posts were towntelling, right?

what are you doing with your vote? It's been there for how many real life days now? It's easy to be a back seat driver

45 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Oh, it's an absolute WIFOM, but in my experience playing on DM, those ****ers are all prone to two behavioral patterns:

1. if they get vanilla town, they pretty much stop caring about the game (and many of them ask to be replaced)

2. if they get anything other than vanilla town, they are SO scared to die that they basically walk on eggshells the whole game

So, I don't know her specific meta, but I pretty much weigh DMer play by these two rules.

I don't think she's walking on eggshells, and I don't think she cares if her game ends: I believe that she's vanilla town.

That is certainly not me on DM - my early games, maybe.  I'm still a little timid in this crowd, so I'm not as outgoing as I normally am.  I do care, I'm just shy v.v

15 minutes ago, Hallia said:

That is certainly not me on DM - my early games, maybe.  I'm still a little timid in this crowd, so I'm not as outgoing as I normally am.  I do care, I'm just shy v.v

So am I, but look at the bad-ass beaver that I've become!

4 minutes ago, StraightCash said:

Hey Spoot, we should lynch CTM. I think he's scum. 

He's on my list, but he's not quite high enough...

...yet.

Also, regardless of your alignment, I should tell you for the future, that saying, "Hey Spoot, let's lynch [this player]" won't work on me.

This beaver is a renegade that takes no orders or directions from anyone.

B)

1 hour ago, CTM said:

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

Why are you still voting Hallia? Do you even think she's scum?

^ this is ape to brett

1 hour ago, Spoot-Face said:

I won't be voting Hallia, as I don't think she's scum, but I also don't think Brett is scum either, so I'm not sure why he's voting her.

spoot echos mine and ape's post right after our posts when getting some attention. the last sentence seems to coincidental

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

No, because you haven't argued with me for 350 pages... 

28 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

I've also noticed that. It's odd.

then echos ape again..

also note that brett quickly unvoted her after ape brought it up and spoot it echo'd it

something stinks hre

15 minutes ago, StraightCash said:

Hey Spoot, we should lynch CTM. I think he's scum. 

2 minutes ago, StraightCash said:

Hmm... Ok

hey Spoot, we definitely SHOULD NOT lynch CTM today.

^ Determined to continue his acension to #1 contender for Ape's Scum Mvp Heavy weight title belt

4 minutes ago, CTM said:

^ this is ape to brett

spoot echos mine and ape's post right after our posts when getting some attention. the last sentence seems to coincidental

then echos ape again..

also note that brett quickly unvoted her after ape brought it up and spoot it echo'd it

something stinks hre

What stinks is you undermining everyone else's play but still keeping your hands clean by not voting anyone. Please die soon.

1 minute ago, StraightCash said:

What stinks is you undermining everyone else's play but still keeping your hands clean by not voting anyone. Please die soon.

undermining everyone?

Originally spoot and jif, now you.

Yep, that's everyone.

Ape gunior

Make up mind, am i coasting or undermining

15 minutes ago, CTM said:
1 hour ago, Spoot-Face said:

I won't be voting Hallia, as I don't think she's scum, but I also don't think Brett is scum either, so I'm not sure why he's voting her.

I figured you or someone else would point that out. You're doing your due diligence.

Yes, I was aware that I was essentially mirroring what others had said, but that is a sentiment that I had previously expressed. And, your response stood out to me more than Ape's, because yours seemed more of a "defense", for lack of a better word, of Hallia than Ape's, which seemed more like a simple inquiry of Brett. So, if anything, I was following your lead, and only because I felt it important for others to stand up and say that.

15 minutes ago, CTM said:
46 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

I've also noticed that. It's odd.

then echos ape again..

Yes, I was agreeing with Ape there. Good eye. Again, it's another sentiment that I--sort of--alluded to earlier.

This is probably the worst thing about holding back your opinions, because if you do, and someone else has the same opinion and says it first, then you're--rightfully--seen as "following their lead" or "echoing them". I also just got done with a minor back and forth with Ape because of my lack of game content. Now I'm trying to throw my opinions out more, and immediately getting--essentially--FOSed because of it. But, it is a fair point.

Archived