Smurfs Mafia - Game Thread

Gone

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Leelou said:

Reads list goes town to scum. 

80 - I think he may have finally learned something about playing the game, strongest town read. 

JiF - Getting a mostly townish vibe, I don't see anything coming from an agenda and I liked his response to CTM. 

Verbal - I'm going back and forth on you. I don't see what you are seeing about CTM. 
Ape - Yeah, not reading you yet. You fool me too many times early game and I can't tell until it's too late. 

CTM - Overall, meh vibe, mostly from how you are handling JiF. 
Brett - You don't seem to be playing the same as the last 2 games. I'm not really seeing twisting to try to shake out someone's alignment, you feel a bit more composed. Ever so slight scum read. 

Spoot - no insight like last game, all joking no real serious post to be found
Hallia - pushing DM meta, weird vote on 80, not a good defense

Wait, so in all of this.... your #2 for scum is Spoot, and you're just echoing what I said? Meanwhile, Verbal you are admittedly back/forth on, but you have him as #3 town read?

Unvote
Vote Leelou

Just now, Integrity28 said:

Wait, so in all of this.... your #2 for scum is Spoot, and you're just echoing what I said? Meanwhile, Verbal you are admittedly back/forth on, but you have him as #3 town read?

Unvote
Vote Leelou

He's not town as my list, only townie there is 80, I should have used colors. And I went and looked at Spoot's posts. Yeah, no content there. 

37 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I follow. I agree too, his earlier posts rung as town - but sensible town. I just don't understand what he's doing right now, like in the past couple of hours. Regardless, I'm not as willing to chalk him up as a lock for town as you may be.

You, Brett and 80 had been the towniest feeling players. I know well enough to assume that at least one of the "clean" players is probably going to end up being scum. Not something I'd act on now, but later in the game, it's going to be something worth examining.

Not sure I'd vote any of the 3 of you today though... I'm not really feeling this Hallia lynch anymore either. 

I want to go back to my first instinct, Vote Spoot.

He's talked about diarrhea and posted funny pictures. He's feigned bravado in the face of being put at L2, but he hasn't peppered in any townie insights at all... which he did do last game. 

Yeah, the theme, prolonged-relaxed start, and the small number of players have all contributed to me being much more playful and blase so far. Haven't paid too much attention to the game until about 30 or so minutes ago when I started going back over the thread with a little more seriousness.

And that wasn't feigned bravado Mr. Apeface, that was an unadulterated insult, pure and simple.

On 2/16/2016 at 0:32 PM, Verbal said:

Brett is town.

3 hours ago, Verbal said:

I already said that.  Do try to keep up.

54 minutes ago, Verbal said:

Brett

CTM

JiF

Leelou

Spoot

Ape

Hallia

@StraightCash

Yeah dude, we should probably talk about your definition of the words "buddying" and "several", lol.

9 minutes ago, Leelou said:

He's not town as my list, only townie there is 80, I should have used colors. And I went and looked at Spoot's posts. Yeah, no content there. 

Alright, so the only townie is 80. Then you have Hallia, echoing me on Spoot, and basically willingness to change your mind on everyone in between? I'm not sure I understand the point of a list like this.

Like, for me before this interaction with you, mine looked like this:

Town reads I won't vote today: Brett, 80, Verb

Waffling: CTM, JIF, Leelou

Scum reads and/or worth voting: Hallia, Spoot

8 minutes ago, Leelou said:

Um does he have content anywhere? If I had 2 votes I'd be voting for him and Hallia. 

I made the case you're using. Why ask me this question?

Alright, so the only townie is 80. Then you have Hallia, echoing me on Spoot, and basically willingness to change your mind on everyone in between? I'm not sure I understand the point of a list like this.

OMG it was all a reaction test!  Damn yoooooouuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

What is the problem with my list? It's just in a different format than yours. 

12 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Yeah, the theme, prolonged-relaxed start, and the small number of players have all contributed to me being much more playful and blase so far. Haven't paid too much attention to the game until about 30 or so minutes ago when I started going back over the thread with a little more seriousness.

And that wasn't feigned bravado Mr. Apeface, that was an unadulterated insult, pure and simple.

Except, when you were being voted and could have been put at L2 (still not sure why Brett didn't) you were here. You just dismissed it with jokes, and dared people to do it.... until it went away.

1 hour ago, StraightCash said:

It's a stupid word. Scum tells make sense in the way A bluff tell in Poker make sense. There aren't tells that your town, you just play like town because you are town. 

i think you are a stupid ward

People have town tells, and when they don't hit them, they are likely scum

Just now, Leelou said:

What is the problem with my list? It's just in a different format than yours. 

It's not though, in my list I'm taking a position. I'm not willing to vote 1/3 of the game.

You have 1 person as a town read. 6 as waffles... and the 2 you have as your top 2 scum are the girl who was just at L1, and Spoot, and you're using MY case. 

It's not about the format, it's about the decisiveness, and convenience of it. 6 people to waffle on leaves you wide open to opportunism. Getting behind Ape on Spoot, is opportunism. The only thing close to a position that you've taken is on Hallia.

It feels like you're being mushy... acquiescing in some ways. Like the 80 town read, well everyone else said it, so you might as well too. That's why I tried to poke holes in it, to see if more people would just annoint him town, or get behind my second-guessing.

1 hour ago, Verbal said:

Not for nothing, but you're really latching onto 80 here.  Why not let him play into it if you think he might be scum after all?

cause he has to be first to say someone is scum in order to later claim credit. Dude has no clue how to slow play a situation.

Between the OMGUS and the quick draw attitude ape seems townish, unless he's finally gotten smart enough to hit his TOWN TELLS as scum

It's not though, in my list I'm taking a position. I'm not willing to vote 1/3 of the game.

You have 1 person as a town read. 6 as waffles... and the 2 you have as your top 2 scum are the girl who was just at L1, and Spoot, and you're using MY case. 

It's not about the format, it's about the decisiveness, and convenience of it. 6 people to waffle on leaves you wide open to opportunism. Getting behind Ape on Spoot, is opportunism. The only thing close to a position that you've taken is on Hallia.

It feels like you're being mushy... acquiescing in some ways. Like the 80 town read, well everyone else said it, so you might as well too. That's why I tried to poke holes in it, to see if more people would just annoint him town, or get behind my second-guessing.

You know, just because you see something doesn't mean that you are the only person to see it. 

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

I follow. I agree too, his earlier posts rung as town - but sensible town. I just don't understand what he's doing right now, like in the past couple of hours. Regardless, I'm not as willing to chalk him up as a lock for town as you may be.

You, Brett and 80 had been the towniest feeling players. I know well enough to assume that at least one of the "clean" players is probably going to end up being scum. Not something I'd act on now, but later in the game, it's going to be something worth examining.

Not sure I'd vote any of the 3 of you today though... I'm not really feeling this Hallia lynch anymore either. 

I want to go back to my first instinct, Vote Spoot.

He's talked about diarrhea and posted funny pictures. He's feigned bravado in the face of being put at L2, but he hasn't peppered in any townie insights at all... which he did do last game. 

spoot is my back up plan fwiw.. hope this goes somewhere as I catch up

Just now, Leelou said:

You know, just because you see something doesn't mean that you are the only person to see it. 

All well and good, but I'm accusing you of piling on after I pointed it out - not "seeing it". How can I make that clearer?

All well and good, but I'm accusing you of piling on after I pointed it out. How can I make that clearer?

I went back to see if what you said was true. I looked at all of his posts. No content, only jokes. Even now after he's caught up there isn't a serious post there. So what is your freaking point? 

2 minutes ago, Leelou said:

I went back to see if what you said was true. I looked at all of his posts. No content, only jokes. Even now after he's caught up there isn't a serious post there. So what is your freaking point? 

so on edge..

either scum

or needs to stop hanging out with nancy boys like verbie and jif and get a proper sexing. Verbals enlarged clitoris/micro phallus  just isn't cutting it anymore

Brett is my strongest--and only solid--town read so far, based on two observations:

1. How he threw a joke vote onto me and quickly retracted it. I see that as purely a townie joke, trying to avoid a possible mislynch.

2. He seemed to be the most objective in the whole Hallia V Leelou/Verb thing.

The rest of my reads are based on my first impression; that Hallia, while not using the best logic, seems pretty innocent--at least compared to the rest of us. I've got zero meta on her, so I could be wrong, but I'm reading town on her so far. I agree that Leelou seemed to jump a little too high in reaction to Hallia's fos of her, and a couple of others (Ape and 80) seemed a bit eager to jump on Hallia, too.

I don't have much of a read on Verb, and in my "list" I have him one above 80, but they could just as easily switch places. I'm not quite as suspicious of 80 like I was when I first started going back to the beginning of the thread, which is why he's closer to the middle.

CTM has been mostly joking and prodding Ape with his boner, but he's thrown a few observations out there. He's not really being as vocal and involved like I've seen him in prior games, so I take that into account.

Not much of a read on JiF either, but I'm leaning town so far.

Oh, I know what it is. You need all of the credit if he turns up scum. Now, now I get it. I am so sorry Ape. I guess your far superior brains are the only ones that can root out scum and the rest of us are mere peasants that need to kiss your feet. 

Just now, Leelou said:

Oh, I know what it is. You need all of the credit if he turns up scum. Now, now I get it. I am so sorry Ape. I guess your far superior brains are the only ones that can root out scum and the rest of us are mere peasants that need to kiss your feet. 

i like edgy leelou

Just now, Leelou said:

You're being obtuse.

I made my point already. I think you were piling on Spoot behind my case, I don't think it was an independent thought, and given that you've got others on your list that you've actually invested "analysis" into, it makes no sense to me that Spoot would jump to #2 on your list, based on my case, after you just went out of your way to point out how I've fooled you in the past.

Basic scum play: If Ape nails you, and you cannot side-step him, then troll him about his ego to see if you can derail him.

Not biting. 

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

You're being obtuse.

I made my point already. I think you were piling on Spoot behind my case, I don't think it was an independent thought, and given that you've got others on your list that you've actually invested "analysis" into, it makes no sense to me that Spoot would jump to #2 on your list, based on my case, after you just went out of your way to point out how I've fooled you in the past.

I don't really see how I'm being obtuse. I went back, researched and yeah his only content post is the one on this page. Considering that I really didn't have a list posted up until that post, I don't know how you would know how my list was forming. 

Archived