Brock Osweiller

Lupz27

23 hours ago, jgb said:

I did answer you, you just don't want to listen. Let's go over it together. You just summarizing that I think 8 too low and 12 too high. So I wonder, just wonder, if that means I think he will get between 8 and 12. Maybe, I dunno, if you push yourself maybe you can figure it out. You still have phone and friend and poll the audience lifelines left. Good luck. But you are very smart to show this much interest in my opinion. You must realize the very high value it has.

PS: the obsession over the per year number is meaningless anyway. Intelligent fans know that it's about guaranteed money and the per year number for the likely life of the contract. Lots of agents throw on years at the end at outrageous prices to jack up the per year number that both sides know will never come to pass.

Ugh, what the F took you so long to answer?  Just wanted to know, because somewhere between 8-12, 10? is way too much to sign a soon to be 33 year old QB.  

PSS, I said more than once the guaranteed money is the key.  Has to be a deal we can dump out of ala Cro.  Then he can get his one year payout.

On February 17, 2016 at 6:56 PM, RutgersJetFan said:

The Broncos need a quarterback. Elway knows what he's doing and is letting Osweiller walk. What's to discuss? This is the exact type of stuff that we have pondered and argued and discussed and tried over and over and over and over again over the decades. It has never worked. Not once.

Perhaps it's time we start acting like a winning franchise if we want to be one. That means no holding on to prospects for maybe just another year to see if they can put it together. No more picking up the scraps of other teams because of some due diligence bullsh*t. Draft, draft, draft, draft. If they're not good it's fine. On to the next one.

We're competitive for stuff like once every 3-4 years at best. Maybe there's a reason for that. Enough with this.

Elway does know what he's doing ... There is no way he lets Osweiller walk

On 2/16/2016 at 5:42 PM, Jet Nut said:

Completed 62% of his passes, had 10 Tds and 6 INTs, averaged 245 yards per game, a QBRating 86.5.

Went 5-2, with big wins over the Pats and Bengals and for all intents and purposes put the Broncos in the playoffs and got them home field advantage all the way.

I would take him in a second

These are volume stats. Advanced stats like NEP say Osweiler was below average (sometimes well below average) on a per play passing basis compared to other QBs. In other words, he sucks. Any backup can put up decent volume numbers with the weapons and running game Osweiler had at his disposal.

Just now, elgoman said:

These are volume stats. Advanced stats like NEP say Osweiler was below average on a per play passing basis compared to other QBs.

And the real test is he went 5-2 as an emergency fill in.  Beat teams like the undefeated Pats.  Got them into the playoffs and home field the whole way through the playoffs. 

You don't disregard tried and true stats like win % and the ones listed. I can keep looking for stats that prove any player isn't as good as the numbers that historically are used to judge players

6 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

And the real test is he went 5-2 as an emergency fill in.  Beat teams like the undefeated Pats.  Got them into the playoffs and home field the whole way through the playoffs. 

You don't disregard tried and true stats like win % and the ones listed. I can keep looking for stats that prove any player isn't as good as the numbers that historically are used to judge players

I disagree. Win percentage is not necessarily a QB stat or else Vince Young would still have a job. To wit, the Broncos often won in spite of Osweiler.

I think the real test is what his performance was relative to what another QB's performance statistically might have been. Osweiler fails this test. His Net Points Per Passing Attempt was ranked in the 20s relative to other QBs, which means he wasn't very good relative to other QBs in the league. He was better than Manning, sure, but Manning was very bad last year. 

43 minutes ago, elgoman said:

I disagree. Win percentage is not necessarily a QB stat or else Vince Young would still have a job. To wit, the Broncos often won in spite of Osweiler.

I think the real test is what his performance was relative to what another QB's performance statistically might have been. Osweiler fails this test. His Net Points Per Passing Attempt was ranked in the 20s relative to other QBs, which means he wasn't very good relative to other QBs in the league. He was better than Manning, sure, but Manning was very bad last year. 

And I totally disagree.  I didn't say he did a good job, which is far different from making a diffinitive statement about what he will be, based on completion %.  I said give his completion %, TDs, INTs, yards per game and W/L record he did a good job.  And didn't suck as someone said.mm

to take this very simple point and try and shoot it down by what another QBs performance might have been is comical.  TE INT to rank him 1-30+, 7 games vs 16 for others is unbelievably short sighted.  

Archived