Will Jets dump Geno Smith to accelerate Bryce Petty's development ? ? ?

kelly

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, JetBlue said:

Don't waste your bandwidth. Some folks just have a real bias especially regarding Smith.  We had one of the softest schedules in memory last year and still missed the playoffs, largely because our Qb couldn't get it done in two games against the Bills.  

Honestly, I don't see how these guys can be so delusional. We had the softest schedule in the last 5 years, and every half decent team fitz faced he three 2+ picks against, don't see how these guys would want him in over a guy who managed 8-8 with the circus that was the jets then, especially for being a rookie

2 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

Don't waste your bandwidth. Some folks just have a real bias especially regarding Smith.  We had one of the softest schedules in memory last year and still missed the playoffs, largely because our Qb couldn't get it done in two games against the Bills.  

Dont waste your time with CrazyCarl40 hence the user name.

2 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

I especially like the part in Week 17 where Ryan Fitzpatrick couldn't get the defense off the field and gave the Bills 40 minutes time of possession.

22 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I'm 100% fine with them dumping Geno before the season. But I thought the company line was that some absent competition was sorely needed.

Petty should be able to beat out Geno for the #2 job. I'd even spot Petty some brownie points if it's close, since his growth acceleration curve is likely steeper (therefore he may overtake Geno by midseason and forever thereafter). But prior to such a competition (though that hasn't been Bowles' thing so far), I see little purpose in cutting him other than personal reasons. And I'm assuming they also draft a QB this season and I'm gifting that rookie a roster spot as the #3 QB at worst, depending on whether he's a 1st or 7th round pick.

The only x-factor in this would be for team morale, if it's uncovered that Geno is a problem in the locker room again and no one can stand to be near him. Then you could replace him with a big bag of grapefruits and the team would be better off. No locker room distraction, and also reduces chance of scurvy.

how about a bag of steaks

2 minutes ago, Colgateman said:

Honestly, I don't see how these guys can be so delusional. We had the softest schedule in the last 5 years, and every half decent team fitz faced he three 2+ picks against, don't see how these guys would want him in over a guy who managed 8-8 with the circus that was the jets then, especially for being a rookie

They like LOSING it gives them something to post about and bitch about, 

The night we win the Super Bowl they would be here bitching about something,

2 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

I especially like the part in Week 17 where Ryan Fitzpatrick couldn't get the defense off the field and gave the Bills 40 minutes time of possession.

I especially like the part when fitz was throwing sinkers all day, I especially like the part when fitz therew the ball three times to his old team, I especially liked the part when fitz arms was to weak to get the ball out further in front of kenbrell so he wouldn't of got leveled and dropped it like he did, I especially like all of that.

no matter what you try to bring up, the jets still had a chance to win that game

17 hours ago, Pac said:

Smith is not getting cut unless they sign a replacement with regular season experience - which they're not doing because that will cost them way more than 1.6 M.

You don't go into next season with an injury prone QB who refuses to slide and 2 neophytes with zero experience backing him up.  It's an incredibly stupid strategy for an otherwise decent team.  It's actually the kind of thing that could severely tarnish Macs currently golden reputation.

Sorry guys.

So if the Jets draft a QB inside the first 5 rounds you give him no chance or do you think it better we cut Petty ? You know we wont keep 4 you have to know that

Just now, Colgateman said:

I especially like the part when fitz was throwing sinkers all day, I especially like the part when fitz therew the ball three times to his old team, I especially liked the part when fitz arms was to weak to get the ball out further in front of kenbrell so he wouldn't of got leveled and dropped it like he did, I especially like all of that.

no matter what you try to bring up, the jets still had a chance to win that game

But but he had hand surgery and was forced to play the game because we didnt have a better option according to Bowles. 

The EX JETS Coach owns Todd Bowles as we speak and thats a DISGRACE

1 minute ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

The topic was Geno Smith. My posts were about Geno Smith. I think you have an obvious reading comprehension problem. Please seek help.

Typical fitz supporter, turning to insults because u can't handle the facts, why don't you go masturbate to your fitztragic poster some more?

1 minute ago, Smashmouth said:

So if the Jets draft a QB inside the first 5 rounds you give him no chance or do you think it better we cut Petty ? You know we wont keep 4 you have to know that

STOP wasting draft picks on QBs that will never make this roster we have too many other glaring needs to waste picks,haven't we wasted enough picks on sh*t Wilson,Gholston.Coples,Hill,Milliner,Saunders etc,,,,,,,,,,,ENOUGH 

Just now, Colgateman said:

Typical fitz supporter, turning to insults because u can't handle the facts, why don't you go masturbate to your fitztragic poster some more?

I support the players that give this TEAM the best chance to win. As currently constructed, if Fitz is brought back he gives the team the best chance to win. I do hope you understand that. I do not own any Fitzpatrick posters.

He got the reading comprehension thing from me in a debate with BowlesMovement last week he didn't think of that on his own LOL

2 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

I support the players that give this TEAM the best chance to win. As currently constructed, if Fitz is brought back he gives the team the best chance to win. I do hope you understand that. I do not own any Fitzpatrick posters.

Fitzpatrick has never made the playoffs he doesn't give us the best chance to win are you crazy. 

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

STOP wasting draft picks on QBs that will never make this roster we have too many other glaring needs to waste picks,haven't we wasted enough picks on sh*t Wilson,Gholston.Coples,Hill,Milliner,Saunders etc,,,,,,,,,,,ENOUGH 

Most of those are 1st and second round picks and have no business in this conversation since the Jets are probably not using a pick that early on a QB

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

He got the reading comprehension thing from me in a debate with BowlesMovement last week he didn't think of that on his own LOL

What? You think I read all of your posts and have to steal your material? I think you've been hitting the Coors light a little too early on a Friday.

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Fitzpatrick has never made the playoffs he doesn't give us the best chance to win are you crazy. 

Fitz, Geno, Petty. If those are the 3 QBs in camp in 2016, Fitz is the best player and the one who gives the team the best chance to win. The coaching staff knows it, the front office knows it, and most educated fans know it. I am not sure there is a currently available upgrade that does either.

What? You think I read all of your posts and have to steal your material? I think you've been hitting the Coors light a little too early on a Friday.

Fitz, Geno, Petty. If those are the 3 QBs in camp in 2016, Fitz is the best player and the one who gives the team the best chance to win. The coaching staff knows it, the front office knows it, and most educated fans know it. I am not sure there is a currently available upgrade that does either.

LOL anyway Fitzpatrick-Smith-Petty who would you choose? 

1 minute ago, Colgateman said:

*educated fan base knows it*

*refrains to insults when facts and advanced stats are brought up*

wow, really educated there!

I have yet to see a fact or advanced stat that you've supposedly brought up. You keep touting them though. It's time to move beyond 2015. The combine is on now. 2016 league season is underway. Move along.

17 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

You realize we played them twice right? How did your hero do in the first game at home?  I didn't say he was the only reason they lost those games but he certainly was just as big a reason as any other. 

I have yet to see a fact or advanced stat that you've supposedly brought up. You keep touting them though. It's time to move beyond 2015. The combine is on now. 2016 league season is underway. Move along.

So now you wants us all to move on the new season cud you can't handle the truth? Because you can't handle the facts? 

Fitzpatrick still threw 3 INTs and single handily lost us the game against the Bills causing the Jets to not make the playoffs. 

Mac should of been going harder on the trade for Captain Kirk cousins, we wouldn't even be having this discussion because geno and fitz would of both been irrelevant if we had captain kirk

Truthfully I don't think the Redskins were seriously considering trading Cousins.  

So now you wants us all to move on the new season cud you can't handle the truth? Because you can't handle the facts? 

Cud? Am I a cow in a field?

Mac should of been going harder on the trade for Captain Kirk cousins, we wouldn't even be having this discussion because geno and fitz would of both been irrelevant if we had captain kirk

Kirk Cousins is a free agent. He doesn't need to be traded for. But, you knew that.

Archived