Empire State Mafia: Game Thread

Jetsfan80

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, JiF said:

Haha - you're funny.  All bent out of shape because 2 people are voting you.  Even got bent out of shape on someone who wasnt voting you. 

He made some other observations too.  But you're ignoring those and sticking with - JiF is voting me because Ape called his shot.  Which isnt true. 

This vote is useless too.  So now I'm feeling even better about sticking with you for D1.  

Bold -- Then quote them.

Italics -- What are you talking about?  I never actually said "JiF is voting me because Ape called his shot."  I voted you because you said Ape had lots of good reasons -- the only one of which I can recall was that I would neither go at him for his vote nor fully ignore it.

You've now said he made some "great points" on me and that he has "made some other observations too" other than the one I've mentioned.  So what are they?

Official Vote Count

Spoot (4) - Brett, Lily, decker, No Penis

Lily (4) - CTM, Verbal, Leelou, Spoot

AVM (2) - Ape, JiF

JiF (1) - AVM

Verbal (1) - Hess

CTM (1) - Crusher

Not Voting (2) - Pac, Ballin

With 15 Alive it takes 8 dumbasses to lynch.

DEADLINE:  TUESDAY, 3 PM EST

On 3/24/2016 at 4:40 PM, Verbal said:

@Leelou

If you're town, you are going to be shot at tonight - no way did anybody miss the heavy PR hint.

If you're scum, then we'll certainly have to have a chat tomorrow about why you're still alive.

That was very peculiar.  Strange.  As I read hope to see more on this.

On 3/24/2016 at 7:15 PM, StraightCash said:

Oh Spoot... Is this your first game as scum? I don't think forcing a potential PR into a reveal on D1 is particularly good for town.

unvote vote Spoot

On 3/24/2016 at 7:28 PM, Spoot-Face said:

lol

My understanding is that once it's hinted at that someone is a PR, than they are automatically in the crosshairs of scum. Might as well let the town know if we can lynch them or not.

And, for the record, I don't necessarily think that she is. I just noted that it's been hinted at--by one person. And PR doesn't explicitly mean townie, too.

My thought is when has a soft reveal been a townie move?  Leelou knows better.  Not sure I ever see her past 4 votes. 8 to lynch.

1 hour ago, AVM said:

So why do you continue to make a point when I half-ignore/half-poke at you when you reference me?  I've done this "call your shot" thing on day 1 more than anyone else, I'd venture a guess, fwiw.  I'm really terrible at it unless I'm roled and trying to find one specific role in a 20+ person game (then I'm the damn GOAT)...but anyways.

You are basically framing the following, if I'm not mistaken: Ape votes AVM. AVM half-ignores, half-jokes in response. Ape continues to press for an AVM vote. Why wouldn't Ape just walk away since AVM didn't flail in response?

The answer is, we aren't the only two players in the game, and we've both played before. This is a stupid question.

1 hour ago, AVM said:

Bold -- Then quote them.

Italics -- What are you talking about?  I never actually said "JiF is voting me because Ape called his shot."  I voted you because you said Ape had lots of good reasons -- the only one of which I can recall was that I would neither go at him for his vote nor fully ignore it.

You've now said he made some "great points" on me and that he has "made some other observations too" other than the one I've mentioned.  So what are they?

I'd also like to know what they are... good post.

Official Vote Count

Lily (3) - Verbal, Leelou, Spoot

AVM (2) - Ape, JiF

JiF (1) - AVM

Verbal (1) - Hess

CTM (1) - Crusher

Not Voting (3) - Pac, Ballin, CTM

1 hour ago, AVM said:

Bold -- Then quote them.

This is disgusting. 

Just now, JiF said:

I agreed with this theory...

Eh, you specifically said that my hunch (calling my shot) was not what you agreed with, and that I made "other good points". Now that you've been called out to give examples, you've shat yourself.

unvote, vote JIF

On 3/24/2016 at 10:10 AM, Integrity28 said:

The triad of Leelou, Lily and Brett is garner more attention than it probably should. I feel like people are burying votes in that mess, because it's easy, not because anything substantial actually happened... it's just the first thing that happened.

Scum is more likely avoiding the fray, in my opinion. That's why you should vote for AVM with me. 

On 3/24/2016 at 10:12 AM, Integrity28 said:

Like I said, you've used it a ton over the years. Last game certainly wasn't the first time you said "lily being lily" and then she ended up being scum. That's why it's hard to take you seriously... meaning, hard to follow your vote/case on her. I'll consider it as we get rolling here, but I'm saying your history of this makes me less inclined to put stock in what you think you see this time.

Make sense?

On 3/24/2016 at 11:05 AM, AVM said:

You scum trying to tilt me early or scum hunting trying to see if I'll tilt?

Either way, I like where this is going.

On 3/24/2016 at 11:07 AM, Integrity28 said:

Either way, you're right.

Perhaps I asked my magic 8-ball. Or is calling a shot something that is reserved for other players, and not me???

On 3/25/2016 at 11:36 PM, Integrity28 said:

Another either/or response, again tiptoeing around whether to ignore or engage.

you scum.

On 3/25/2016 at 9:22 AM, Integrity28 said:

AVM is trying to put up a cool front, he's wetting himself. Y'all can't see the tip of your noses. 

I like that Hess is down with the town though. That's good.

On 3/25/2016 at 9:25 AM, Integrity28 said:

Trying too hard to stake claim here. Saying your "watching" him is on par with saying "it was a reaction test" so that you don't have to explain pushing bad logic.

On 3/25/2016 at 9:29 AM, Integrity28 said:

Interesting that you took measures to avoid that. Why would you worry about me accusing you of that if you don't already know I'm town? If you were town, you'd be trying to deduce whether I am town or scum. Not skirting around my town meta, as though you already know I'm town.

On 3/25/2016 at 9:40 AM, Integrity28 said:

Spoot's affinity for goofing is flattening his learning curve. I am sort of null reading Spoot's logic there for now.

I think Leelou and AVM are scum.

On 3/25/2016 at 9:41 AM, Integrity28 said:

I will say this... we've truncated the game based on activity and inactivity, which immediately impacts the odds of finding scum within the circle of people actually talking. 

So, I basically found myself nodding my head agreeing with Ape on these quotes and what he was building with Leelou before the fear mongering soft claim b.s she pulled. 

14 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Eh, you specifically said that my hunch (calling my shot) was not what you agreed with, and that I made "other good points". Now that you've been called out to give examples, you've shat yourself.

unvote, vote JIF

I don't know what the hell Jif was thinking over the past 2 pages, but it can't be that easy. 

57 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

You are basically framing the following, if I'm not mistaken: Ape votes AVM. AVM half-ignores, half-jokes in response. Ape continues to press for an AVM vote. Why wouldn't Ape just walk away since AVM didn't flail in response?

The answer is, we aren't the only two players in the game, and we've both played before. This is a stupid question.

Not what I was necessarily getting at -- my point was that I'm not going to do more than exactly that on basically a called shot.  From the perspective of someone calling a shot on D1 off a hunch, there's no need to either move off or push harder until a reason to do so arises.  

I was more saying -- what exactly were you expecting me to do?

15 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

unvote, vote JIF

That was a joke, you moron.  lol

Official Vote Count

Lily (3) - Verbal, Leelou, Spoot

JiF (2) - AVM, Ape

AVM (1) - JiF

Verbal (1) - Hess

CTM (1) - Crusher

Not Voting (3) - Pac, Ballin, CTM

The quotes from Friday at 9:25 and 9:29 aren't even in response to me, but in response to Leelou regarding me (somewhat).  The 9:25AM quote "you're trying to hard to stake claim here" was after Leelou said she had already been watching me.  The 9:29AM quote was in response to Leelou saying she was not GBtA.

The rest of the quotes are all exactly what I've said -- Ape commenting on me half-responding/half-ignoring his called shot.

So again I ask...where are these great points?

6 minutes ago, StraightCash said:

I don't know what the hell Jif was thinking over the past 2 pages, but it can't be that easy. 

The only thing JIF does well as scum is be so obvious that we WIFOM ourselves into assuming he isn't.

31 minutes ago, JiF said:

This is disgusting. 

27 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Then give examples and make him look wrong. That would be the townie thing to do.

23 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

unvote, vote JIF

So before the joke, the reason why I called AVM's post disgusting and almost didnt go back was because the below, was predictable bull sh*t that was coming no matter what I said.  

The bottom line is, I found myself agreeing that AVM was purposefully avoiding the fray and Ape pointed it out.  I could have created a case but like I said, I found myself nodding my head agreeing with Ape's observations.

Just now, AVM said:

The quotes from Friday at 9:25 and 9:29 aren't even in response to me, but in response to Leelou regarding me (somewhat).  The 9:25AM quote "you're trying to hard to stake claim here" was after Leelou said she had already been watching me.  The 9:29AM quote was in response to Leelou saying she was not GBtA.

The rest of the quotes are all exactly what I've said -- Ape commenting on me half-responding/half-ignoring his called shot.

So again I ask...where are these great points?

I'm feeling good about your lynch today.

This was as blatant and blatant gets. 

5 minutes ago, StraightCash said:

Oh god, please say your comment about Ape being good on D1 was a joke too?

Ape is his own worst enemy and thinks he's a lot better than he is.  That said, the guy is money on D1.  I hate to give him credit but its true.  

From there, he's scums best friend.

1 minute ago, JiF said:

So before the joke, the reason why I called AVM's post disgusting and almost didnt go back was because the below, was predictable bull sh*t that was coming no matter what I said.  

The bottom line is, I found myself agreeing that AVM was purposefully avoiding the fray and Ape pointed it out.  I could have created a case but like I said, I found myself nodding my head agreeing with Ape's observations.

I'm feeling good about your lynch today.

This was as blatant and blatant gets. 

Just so we're clear...you thought it was predictable that I would point out that two of the posts you quoted were Ape talking to Leelou and questioning her motives around me, not me specifically?

1 minute ago, JiF said:

Ape is his own worst enemy and thinks he's a lot better than he is.  That said, the guy is money on D1.  I hate to give him credit but its true.  

From there, he's scums best friend.

lol, you know how gross this comes across???

On 3/25/2016 at 11:36 PM, Integrity28 said:

Another either/or response, again tiptoeing around whether to ignore or engage.

you scum.

On 3/25/2016 at 8:39 AM, AVM said:

spidermandividebyzero.jpg?1313682199

I'll also quoting this.  AVM is asking me to defend my vote and quote posts blah blah blah...but here's an example of how he's defended this game.

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

I'll also quoting this.  AVM is asking me to defend my vote and quote posts blah blah blah...but here's an example of how he's defended this game.

So...now you want me to defend to one guy (at the time) voting me off a hunch?

2 hours ago, JiF said:

Haha - you're funny.  All bent out of shape because 2 people are voting you.  Even got bent out of shape on someone who wasnt voting you. 

He made some other observations too.  But you're ignoring those and sticking with - JiF is voting me because Ape called his shot.  Which isnt true. 

This vote is useless too.  So now I'm feeling even better about sticking with you for D1.  

Because here earlier when I started addressing you and Decker (who was no longer on me, point conceeded) I was "getting all bent out of shape"

On 3/24/2016 at 2:48 PM, Leelou said:

You guys are NOT lynching me today. 

On 3/24/2016 at 4:28 PM, AVM said:

<3 Spoot

On 3/24/2016 at 5:01 PM, AVM said:

See now this is well done.  Tip of the hat to you sir.

Now that we have that out of the way...you scum this game?  The spirits say yes, obviously.

On 3/24/2016 at 5:02 PM, AVM said:

If you or Spoot told me to vote myself, I think I would tbh.

On 3/25/2016 at 8:25 PM, AVM said:

Ballin's trolling has me strangely aroused, I must say..

e1fc38f8d4f8650bdbfcde8f9ef83e9e.jpg

I'm kind of honored, kind of annoyed by this new-found infatuation.  Can't decide if I want to omgus vote you for tunneling on someone not named CTM or if I should continue ignoring you.

really want to OMGUS and give you a reason to keep voting me, see where this is going

Leroy > LOULOU IMO

And here are AVM's post after the fear mongoring b.s. soft claim Leelou made.

Not comments on it, at all.  Still none too.  Instead, went all OMGUS on his "train" of 2 votes - Me and Ape

7 minutes ago, AVM said:

Just so we're clear...you thought it was predictable that I would point out that two of the posts you quoted were Ape talking to Leelou and questioning her motives around me, not me specifically?

It was predictable that no matter what I posted, it wasnt going to be good enough.  What you're creating here, is false narrative.  He made direct opinions about your play or lack there of, regarding the Leelou situation.

Just so happens I just pointed out how you havent even paid any attention to her claim, while you made this post, which goes in line with his original point, no? 

7 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

lol, you know how gross this comes across???

Game play or sexually?

Archived