Jets Sign Former Texans CB Darryl Morris

JetNation

Darryl Morris

As per the Jets official site, they have signed CB Darryl Morris.

Morris (5’10”, 188) comes to the Green & White from Houston, where he played in the 2014-15 seasons, playing in 23 games with one start and coming up with one interception and six pass defenses. The interception came in Game 4 off of Bills QB EJ Manuel late in the fourth quarter and secured the Texans’ 23-17 win.

Morris received no tender from the Texans as a potential restricted free agent.

He began his NFL career as an undrafted free agent out of Texas State signed by San Francisco after the 2013 draft, after turning in a 4.33-second time in the 40 at his pro day. He was initially a final cut by the 49ers that year but came off the practice squad to the active roster in late September to play in 13 games for the Niners as a rookie.

For his career he has 36 games (one start), 39 tackles on defense and 13 more on special teams.

Instagram Photo

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
hMvKVx8staQ

Click here to read the full story...

56 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

Mac still has a crush on his on his Texan Jags. How's DeVier Posey doing?

"....turning in a 4.33-second time in the 40 at his pro day "

Not necessarily..... Mac might have scouted him before coming to Jets. Mac's doing what he said..... younger, faster.

4 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

"....turning in a 4.33-second time in the 40 at his pro day "

Not necessarily..... Mac might have scouted him before coming to Jets. Mac's doing what he said..... younger, faster.

Hmmm.  Not sure how we're getting younger and faster.  Macs brought in revis, chromartie, forte, Fitzpatrick, Marshall.  While cutting ties with Ivory, Snacks, and Kerley.  I don't see the youth movement personally. 

12 minutes ago, sirlancemehlot said:

Hmmm.  Not sure how we're getting younger and faster.  Macs brought in revis, chromartie, forte, Fitzpatrick, Marshall.  While cutting ties with Ivory, Snacks, and Kerley.  I don't see the youth movement personally. 

That doesn't mean every position on the roster needs to get younger/faster in 1 off season.

You also need to consider our Cap situation when referring to Snacks, Ivory and Kerley

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Macc has done an admirable job based on our cap situation. 

Some people are never happy and again the night we win the Super Bow there will be members here bitching about something. Book it

I'm angry at Macc just thinking about it.

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Macc has done an admirable job based on our cap situation. 

Some people are never happy and again the night we win the Super Bow there will be members here bitching about something. Book it

sorry again but Mac has not done an admirable job concId erring our cap situation. Mac had one of the most cap rich teams in the league last year. He now has the most cap poor team.  Mac is the reason for our cap situation.  So to recap:

1. We have not gotten younger and faster.  Not by any stretch of the imagination.

2. He has not managed the cap well in his rookie year as GM.

now I like Mac because he put a winning team on the field last year.  As a season ticket holder that was good for me and made the season worth the cash.  That s a legit reason to like Mac.  But let's not pretend he's been lights out awesome. He's got a lot work to do and a hole to dig out of right now.  

1 minute ago, sirlancemehlot said:

sorry again but Mac has not done an admirable job concId erring our cap situation. Mac had one of the most cap rich teams in the league last year. He now has the most cap poor team.  Mac is the reason for our cap situation.  So to recap:

1. We have not gotten younger and faster.  Not by any stretch of the imagination.

2. He has not managed the cap well in his rookie year as GM.

now I like Mac because he put a winning team on the field last year.  As a season ticket holder that was good for me and made the season worth the cash.  That s a legit reason to like Mac.  But let's not pretend he's been lights out awesome. He's got a lot work to do and a hole to dig out of right now.  

Ok then please share with us what you what have done differently to solve the cap crisis we are in this year.

31 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Ok then please share with us what you what have done differently to solve the cap crisis we are in this year.

I think his point was more that Macc was the one who dug himself into the poor cap situation we're in right now.  Fwiw, I like Macc so far but it's definitely too early to judge. Last year's draft wasn't even done by his own scouts.  This year's will be.  Plus we'll have a tougher schedule.  So we'll see how we look after this season.  Most importantly he need to solve the QB issue (and I don't mean by bringing back Fitz).

7 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Marshall was a solid signing no issues there.  Skrine was signed for #2 corner money but played the slot all season. Too small and too many penalties the year prior (2nd in the league st any position).  Locking up the young talent would have been my priority last season. Including Snacks and Wilkerson.  Colon gets cut for Carpenter, who was solid. I would've passed on Williams with the high first rounder. BAP wasn't the best move in this situation which, admittedly, is unusual.  Fitz gets an extension after midseason keeping his cost down and the team intact. Would not have signed Forte. He's a final piece for a big push. No future for him with this team. Pick up a rb after the draft if it's not addressed. Pace gets cut.  Mauldin and Reilly hold the fort until after the draft when we shop after camp cuts on the cheap. The little signings are a waste including this cb and Kenbrell thompkins.  If no Fitz go with geno and petty. Hope another QB vet comes available later (like last year).  Cumberland, Cro, Pace and Colon all go. There. You asked. Some of what Mac did I agree with and some I don't. Too soon to judge him right now. And way too soon to think he's this teams savior. Just my opinion. 

Archived