Left Tackle possibilities ?

no psls

1 hour ago, jamesr said:

To a degree it's like a coin toss ... just because it came up heads X times in a row, means nothing about the next toss. It's still the same odds as any other coin.

Clady is as likely to have an injury as any other player on the roster.

this would be true if the coin changed it shape after every toss, if a coin got older and less balanced etc.  This logic is terrible, I'm sorry. It's highly possible Clady gets injured again, and it's highly possible that next injury is related to his previous injuries. He's sure got enough of a history. It's not the same odds as any other coin, for example a rookie fresh out of college is far less likely to get injured than Ryan Clady. Players don't usually get healthier the more time they spend in the league. 

what's going to happen here is some Jets fans will forget about the high probability of Clady not making it through the season. Pretend everything is great. When he eventually goes down, blame the GM. 

On 4/10/2016 at 0:14 PM, bealeb319 said:

I hope we don't take Decker in the first. He will end up being a decent guard or RT at best I don't think he will be a long term NFL LT. If we trade up for him in the second I would be ok with it but I don't like him as a first round prospect I think Spriggs is going to be better (also not in the first round)

I think you are underestimating Decker. He can DEFINITELY play RT, probably come in, start and be an upgrade over Breno. He is incredibly strong and stout. Very good in the run game-  a mauler with a mean streak. He worked a lot on his game throughout his career at OSU and got a lot better. He's more suited to play OT than OG b/c of his height/length but he is def. strong enough to play OG. I DO believe he can transition to LT in the NFL (he played LT in college against high level competition and won a championship). He is more polished than Spriggs or even Stanley at this point, which is why I think he can step right in and play RT in the NFL. The knock on him and the reason that some don't see him as an NFL LT is b/c he's not as athletic as scouts would want a LT prospect to be. But he has all the other attributes and lack of athleticism has not held him back on the football field. I think he has a higher ceiling than some may think. He's been unfairly pegged as an NFL RT, even though that is not the position he plays.

I think his biggest weaknesses are. 1. Allows defenders to raise his bad level and get up into him at times due to his height. 2. Struggles at the 2nd level due to his height and lack of athleticism which is required once you are out in the open blocking defensive backs. 3. Sometimes a speedy edge rusher will get the best of him if they are able to get around him. 

But, to me, these are not major and can be improved with better footwork and technique, particularly #1 and #3.     

On April 12, 2016 at 6:34 PM, Powpow said:

Agree they need an OL in this draft but not necessarily in Round 1. That should soley be focused on QB or OLB/LB in Rd 1.  Clady is not a sure thing so Mac must have a back up plan.  Also he is scheduled to make a bundle in 2017 so this could very well be a one year engagement.  They would have the luxury of getting a LT in this years draft and either have him sit or play RT and take over for Clady next year.  Regardless, Mac must have a back up plan for RT and for Clady's LT position this coming year.  Giacomo needs to be the next to go.  This OL needs to be revamped badly.  Mangold is getting up there and expensive as well. Winters and company have proved to be nothing more than backups at best.   

I would go OT in rd 1.  Clady scares me and Breno stinks

2 hours ago, drdetroit said:

I would go OT in rd 1.  Clady scares me and Breno stinks

Agree 100%, I don't think the Jets get another chance for a quality OT prospect and there will be several good LB's waiting for the Jets second pick   

assuming Mac does not fall in love with a QB and no one free falls 

Archived