Nick Foles: just so you know

Integrity28

3 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

No.  He should draft a QB (if he really thinks one can be a franchise QB), and if not, I would bite the bullet and start Petty and see if he's a keeper or not.  Why start anyone on the veteran stiff carousel?  So we can go 6-10 with a going nowhere QB, or go 4-12 with a 2nd year QB who MAYBE might just prove he can play in this league. 

I didn't realize signing a vet would deter them from drafting someone.  My bad. 

And I agree we should start Petty, because inserting players into the starting lineup when they clearly aren't ready has worked wonders for us in the past. We should continue to repeat that mistake.

17 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Right? WTF do they want Jet fans to do? No QB is gonna just miraculously appear. Foles, Bradford might actually play BETTER than Fitz in this offense, who's to say? In fact, Foles played best in offenses where he worked fast & got the ball out quickly which is exactly what Chan preaches. Having Forte as an outlet is a godsend to whovever we put under center. 

A rookie picked in this 2016 draft is NOT STARTING, so, if Fitz doesn't resign, your looking at the Hoyer, Foles, Geno, Bradfords  ect of the world. I'm trying to figure out why we should all stop talking about these QBs when chances are that's the direction we're going to HAVE TO GO IN, if it's not Fitz. This isn't rocket science. No one can go back into their posts from last year & show me how they thought Fitz would go 10-6 & throw 31 TDs, so don't f*cking sit here & tell me that every f*cking QB discussed on these boards will sure as sh*t fail QBing this team next year.

Hmmmmmm you mean a Young Montanna isn't coming soon from the QB grove, personally developed by the tooth fairy?  :) 

9 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

I didn't realize signing a vet would deter them from drafting someone.  My bad. 

And I agree we should start Petty, because inserting players into the starting lineup when they clearly aren't ready has worked wonders for us in the past. We should continue to repeat that mistake.

Playing a vet doesn't deter them from drafting a QB, but presumably whoever they draft wont be "ready" to start either.  That being said, wouldn't it then make sense to at least start Petty who was marinating on the bench for a year already and see what he's capable of?  I just don't see the benefit of starting a veteran that isn't good enough to propel your team to the next level and whose sole function is to keep the seat warm for "the next guy." I'd rather spend the year finding out of we already have "the next guy" on the team. 

Playing a QB before he was ready hasn't worked for the Jets in the past because they didn't have the right guy.  Geno is a complete stiff, but I was fine with holding his feet to the fire to see if he was a franchise QB.  He of course proved otherwise. 

56 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

Playing a vet doesn't deter them from drafting a QB, but presumably whoever they draft wont be "ready" to start either.  That being said, wouldn't it then make sense to at least start Petty who was marinating on the bench for a year already and see what he's capable of?  I just don't see the benefit of starting a veteran that isn't good enough to propel your team to the next level and whose sole function is to keep the seat warm for "the next guy." I'd rather spend the year finding out of we already have "the next guy" on the team. 

Playing a QB before he was ready hasn't worked for the Jets in the past because they didn't have the right guy.  Geno is a complete stiff, but I was fine with holding his feet to the fire to see if he was a franchise QB.  He of course proved otherwise. 

Tampa Bay held Steve Youngs feet to the fire & he failed miserably. 4 years! It takes 99% of Franchise QBs 4 years to understand an NFL offense completely & that's without coaching turnover & learning a new offense every year.

Archived