MY TOP TACKLES, GUARDS, CENTERS IN THE 2016 NFL DRAFT.

Tony The Wiz

My final rankings of the offensive line.  Offensive line has some real good talent in the top half and some depth on all three positions. TE is a weak position in this draft. I gave you already my H Backs in previous post.

First Tackles. 

1.  Laremy Tunsil  -  Top 3 pick. 

2.  Jack Conklin  -   Top 10 pick. I have him a little over Stanly for one reason. Desire.

3.  Ronnie Stanley -   Top 12 pick. Looks the part but does he have desire. That is what has been reported.

4.  Jason Spriggs. -  20 - 25 in first round.  I have him rated ahead of  Decker. Loved what I saw at Indiana.

5.  Taylor Decker -   25 - 30 in first round.  Seattle may pick him.

6. Germaine Ifedi - I really think he is a first round talent. He could play both OT and G but his arms are 36 inches so he is a tackle.

7. Shon Coleman -  Auburn   See him in the 2nd round. Could go early or late.

8.  Kyle Murphy - A Stanford Grad. Some people have him going later but I like him and he has been coached up.  I say late 2nd

9.  Willie Beavers - Western Michigan -  I like his length but needs to be coached up.  Mid 3rd.

10.  Caleb Belonoch - UCLA - Really looked good at the combine. Like his length and upside.  Late 3rd

11.  Alex Lewis - Nebreska - I like him but he does have some red flags with attitude but he looks the part and has that desire. Late 3rd

12. Tyler Johnstone - Oregon St. - Another player experts feel will go later but I like him. A chip on his shoulder after coming back from injury.

13. Leraven Clark -  Texas Tech - looks the part but he has slow feet. Needs to be coached up. Early 4th

14. Hala Vitali - TCU - Tough kid and at 6:5 and 320 plays hard.  Mid 4th

15.  Cole Toner - Harvard - Obviously a smart player but looking at him he just looks the part. Not bad at the combine and all star game.   Early 5th 

16.  Joe Haeg - North Dakota St. - Nice body shape for a Tackle but needs to be coached up.  Mid 5th

17.  Jerald Hawkins -LSU - Some people will take him earlier. I see him here. Mid 5th

18.  Fahn Cooper -  Again some people will take him earlier. Again I like him here.  Late 5th

19. Brandon Shell - South Carolina- Got hurt at the combine. Really slow with his feet.     Mid 6th  could move to Guard.

20. John Theus - Georgia - I had him a lot earlier but I see him going more later. Strength issues.  Late 6th mid 7th

21.  Stephane Nembot - Colorado - Interesting player  just raw haven't played that much football. 

22. Dominque Robinson - West Georgia St. - Again interesting. Athletic but small school. These two guys could surprise.

I have some Tackles in my list of Guards. I think that is their best position.

TOP GUARDS. 

1.  Cody Whitehair - Borderline 1st round pick. His strength is the issue. Wasn't good in the 225 bench press.

1.  Josh Garnett - Was trailing Cody for top Guard but he has caught up. I watched him at Stanford and he was impressive. Again borderline 1st.

3. Spencer Drago - Some experts don't like his athleticism but that is why I like him at guard. His arms are long for tackle so he ours play right tackle. Look he won the award for best lineman in the country so there is talent.  Mid 2nd

4. Joe Dahl - At Washington St he was a pass protector and that was what he did most. I like that since you don't want your QB to get killed. Really looked good in combine. Mid 2nd to early 3rd.

5.  Connor McGovern - Missouri -  At Missouri he looked real good and showed his skills at the combine. He was a riser in the draft. Mid 3rd 

5.  Christian Westerman - Arizona St - Again another riser who looked good at the combine and had a good year.  Mid 3rd

6.  Vandal  Alexander -  LSU - Like him but not as much as some do. He is big and a brawler but he is slow.  He may go high 2 but I see him mid to late 3.

7.  Graham Glasgow - Michigan -  He looks pre ready. Very athletic. He could move up.  Late 3rd 

8. Sebastian Tretola  - At Arkansas him and Kirkland were mountains or maulers. The ground game will get better.  Mid 4th

9. Denver Kirkland - Again these two Guards when watching them made their RBS looked good. Mid 4th

10. Joe Thuney - North Carolina St. -  He could play Right Tackle even though his arms are only 32 inches. He is athletic enough. He ran a 4:95 in the 40. Mid 4th to late 4th

11.  Landon Turner - Watching him this year I had him a top 5 guard but he showed he wasn't as athletic and strong at the combine and all star game. If he works on his body he could be better down the road. Late 4th to mid 5th

12.  Avery Young - Auburn - Some people have him as a Tackle but Young could play both. I see that he will go to Right Tackle with  near 34 inch arms but Guard will be his best position. He is 6:4 and 330 lbs. Late 4th to mid 5th

13.  Darrell Greene - San Diego St -  Another guard who is a mauler. Like him and if coached will get better.   mid 5th to Early 6th

14.  Reese Odhiambo - Boise St. -  Tough kid but needs coaching.  Late 5th to mid 6th.

15. Issac Semlo - Oregon St -  Was a three star high school prospect. Does have an upside.  Early 6th could play center

16.  Parker Ehinger - Cincinnati -  Has a tackles body at 6:6  310 lbs but a slow 40. Need to get into a camp. 7th round

17.  Alex Redmond - UCLA - This is a junior that should of went back since he is not strong enough but he had a very good combine.  7th round.

18. Ted Karras - Illinois - He should be drafted He has blood lines with that famous name. He needs to be coached up but he will take it all in.   Mid to late 7th 

19. Pearce Slater - I couldn't have a list without this guy. I watched a San Diego St. Game and noticed this big man . He is a project but he is one big man at 6:7 336 lbs and 36 inch hands and why he played OT. Like to see him in a camp. 7th 

20. Anthony Fabiano - Harvard - Don't know too much about this guy but it seems like these Harvard football players are pretty good . He could move up. He was not at the combine but he was on the Senior Bowl pre season list. He is 6:4 305 lbs . I am hearing Patriots are looking at him. I see him now going anywhere from fifth to 7th. 

MY TOP CENTERS. 

1. Ryan Kelly is one of the best players in the draft. He is that good.  Because he is a center I would see him going from 15 to 20 in the first round. 

2. Nick Martin  is not far behind but is not as athletic but he is a an early 2nd round pick. If he is anything like his brother this will be a good pick whoever picks him.

3. Max Tuerk - USC - I hate ranking a player who has been hurt all year and some of last but Max was the best rated Center coming to this draft last year.  At 6:5  300 Lbs he probably could play guard too.  Mid 2nd if Medical is good.

4. Evan Boehm - Missouri - A competitor and brawler. Old school. Love his toughness.   Early to mid 4th

4. Jack Allen - Michigan St. - Mr. dependable and a captain like leader. Love this kind of player   Early to mid 4th

6. Austin Blythe - Iowa - He was a wrestler and good at it.  Typical Iowa tough kid. He could surprise. Late 4th to early 5th

7.  Jake Brendel - UCLA - He had a real good combine.  At 6:4 305 he ran a 5:01 40 which shows he could play guard. Mid 5th to late 5th

8.  Matt Skura - Duke -  Nice player for Duke  and will come into a camp and work. I could see him as the last center drafted somewhere in the early 7th.

9.  Mike Mathews - Texas A@M - He has a famous blood line so he is worth a look. Needs to get stronger. He is only 6:2 and 290 lbs. Funny a few years ago that will be big.  

10.  Marcus Henry -  Boise St. -  6:2 300lbs  rSR 7th round or FA 

Rank the TE tomorrow.

Archived