Decker Still Lobbying for Fitzpatrick Return

JetNation

Eric Decker

By Glenn Naughton

Jets quarterback Geno Smith may have been in New York City on Tuesday night to support teammate Eric Decker, even still, the wide receiver threw his support behind free agent Ryan Fitzpatrick.

When quizzed by reporters on his current status as the teams starter, Smith declined to comment, simply saying he was there for Decker.  “Tonight is about Eric”, Smith said before continuing, “I’m sure we’ll get a chance to talk later” Smith.  Media members pressed further, asking Smith about the choosing of Penn State quarterback Christian Hackenberg in the second round of the draft just weeks ago, but again Smith reiterated his purpose in attending the event was about Decker.

The same couldn’t be said for Decker however, who was asked about the Jets chances to compete in 2016.

Eric Decker is still hoping for a Ryan Fitzpatrick return in 2016.

Eric Decker is still hoping for a Ryan Fitzpatrick return in 2016.

According to Tom Rock of Newsday, Decker addressed the team’s current QB situation coming off of a strong 2015, saying “Just because of the camaraderie we built and the relationship we had last year that we can build upon, I think he definitely is the right man for the type of team we have now”.

A vote of confidence for the incumbent starter as the Jets front office continues a now months-long staring contest to see who blinks first.

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
wWwTv09iYto

Click here to read the full story...

just goes to show you the locker room is divided right now.  the team doesn't know which qb to support.

like it or not this is a transition year.  just wait till the end of the season when hack is starting and then they actually draft a tackle and wr early in the draft, and the offense looks much younger.  

Jets owner: No new progress with Ryan Fitzpatrick

By Dan Hanzus

Around the NFL Writer

Published: May 10, 2016 at 06:21 p.m.

Updated: May 11, 2016 at 10:23 a.m.

When trying to discern news in the Jets' foggy negotiation with Ryan Fitzpatrick, find guidance through the prophet Keanu.

Spoon Child: Do not try and bend the spoon. That's impossible. Instead ... only try to realize the truth. 
Neo: What truth? 
Spoon Child: There is no spoon. 
Neo: There is no spoon? 
Spoon Child: Then you'll see, that it is not the spoon that bends, it is only yourself.

The spoon represents tangible movement in talks between the Jets and their prodigal passer. Any progress or setback in the negotiation between the two sides exists solely in the mind.

Woody Johnson gets it. On Tuesday, the Jets owner was asked for an update on the stalemate during a charity appearance.

"No news. Until both sides come together, there's no deal."

There is no spoon.

Meanwhile, Joe Namath, the last (and yes, only) quarterback to guide theJets to a Super Bowl, has waded into the muddy waters on those two replacement knees. Be safe, Broadway.

"A quarterback wants to have a good team and the Jets have a good team, so I think it behooves (Fitzpatrick) to re-sign with the Jets," Namath said at the same charity event, per Newsday. "Fitz fits in here, and the team likes him. I would hope he'd be back. I know the team wants him back."

This Fitz-Jets drama is making the Darrelle Revis-Jets stare downs of '10 and '13 feel like a walk in Florham Park in retrospect. With Revis, there were layers to the disconnect and you could understand the impasse on both sides. But everybody knows what should happen with the Jets and Fitzpatrick.

The Jets need Fitzpatrick. Fitzpatrick needs the Jets. Here's a solution that doesn't require a trip through the matrix (or the GenoCoaster): Take the team's offer and the player's demand and settle on the number in the middle. I'll take my 10 percent if this works.

If Fitz was so inaccurate and terrible his two star receivers wouldn't want him back. And rapport with your playmakers is invaluable. You can't assume that with somebody who hadn't played with the team. And as for running. Fitz runs forward not backwards. 

Everyone knows the Jets want Fitz back but as an organization that is looking to get away from the circus atmosphere and negative perseption we have, they need to set a deadline to get the deal done and if not move on.  This is not to say that they have not already done that privately but in order to get away from this locker room divide its really about that time they we end this ongoing QB situation so that if we settle on Geno that our guys accept it and get ready for the season.

53 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Jets owner: No new progress with Ryan Fitzpatrick

By Dan Hanzus

Around the NFL Writer

Published: May 10, 2016 at 06:21 p.m.

Updated: May 11, 2016 at 10:23 a.m.

When trying to discern news in the Jets' foggy negotiation with Ryan Fitzpatrick, find guidance through the prophet Keanu.

Spoon Child: Do not try and bend the spoon. That's impossible. Instead ... only try to realize the truth. 
Neo: What truth? 
Spoon Child: There is no spoon. 
Neo: There is no spoon? 
Spoon Child: Then you'll see, that it is not the spoon that bends, it is only yourself.

The spoon represents tangible movement in talks between the Jets and their prodigal passer. Any progress or setback in the negotiation between the two sides exists solely in the mind.

Woody Johnson gets it. On Tuesday, the Jets owner was asked for an update on the stalemate during a charity appearance.

"No news. Until both sides come together, there's no deal."

There is no spoon.

Meanwhile, Joe Namath, the last (and yes, only) quarterback to guide theJets to a Super Bowl, has waded into the muddy waters on those two replacement knees. Be safe, Broadway.

"A quarterback wants to have a good team and the Jets have a good team, so I think it behooves (Fitzpatrick) to re-sign with the Jets," Namath said at the same charity event, per Newsday. "Fitz fits in here, and the team likes him. I would hope he'd be back. I know the team wants him back."

This Fitz-Jets drama is making the Darrelle Revis-Jets stare downs of '10 and '13 feel like a walk in Florham Park in retrospect. With Revis, there were layers to the disconnect and you could understand the impasse on both sides. But everybody knows what should happen with the Jets and Fitzpatrick.

The Jets need Fitzpatrick. Fitzpatrick needs the Jets. Here's a solution that doesn't require a trip through the matrix (or the GenoCoaster): Take the team's offer and the player's demand and settle on the number in the middle. I'll take my 10 percent if this works.

The **** is this sh*t? Is this actually called an article?

Archived