Monday Bowles Quotes.

32EBoozer

5 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Hackenburg stinks the only reason he HAS to be placed on the roster is that he was a 2nd round pick if he was a 6th rouder he would have been cut and then rresigned to the Psquad, Shell stinks and if he has to play our Qb's are dead meat. we have no worthy Te's but we are using 4 rosters posts on them, a couple we picked up 2 days ago?

I read your comment as complaining but not offering any better option.

Hack is a redshirt freshman this year ... I want to see noticeable improvement next camp ... Similar to the progression Petty was showing this camp. Believe he was projected to go rounds 3-4 range in the draft ... So obviously the 6th round talk is just fools gold. If Petty hadnt gotten dinged up I was leaning towards cutting Geno ... But understood that would have been the riskier course over carrying 4 QB's

i agree that Shell has looked $h*tty ... I hope the OL guys that Mac & Bowles are looking at now (both on the 53 & on the practice squad) can be a step up at RT &/or RG ... But if not I'd hope they at least can upgrade the backup OL & cut Shell.  It seems Iike they are still reviewing their options here based on some of the guys they've brought in ... And still grading the 2 youngsters currently at RT.  I don't have a better option at RT ... But am thinking the intention is to give whichever kid they judge to be best s go vs. Cinci ... If he s*cks they will bring an unsigned veteran in on a week to week deal because starting in week 2 is unguaranted salary ... Then it looks like they are still hoping Giacomini comes back.  

As for TE ... They cut 2 $h*tty ones ... We Have 2 other bad ones still here ... But brought 2 more in to compete & hopefully upgrade the 2 already here.  Can't imagine that we won't Be at 3 perhaps even 2 on the active 53 man roster by our 3rd game.  I haven't even checked but are both the new guys actually even on the active 53 ... Or are they just on the practice squad ... If PS then who cares?

again, if you have a better idea from what Mac & Bowles are doing I'd love to hear it'

5 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Hackenburg stinks the only reason he HAS to be placed on the roster is that he was a 2nd round pick if he was a 6th rouder he would have been cut and then rresigned to the Psquad, Shell stinks and if he has to play our Qb's are dead meat. we have no worthy Te's but we are using 4 rosters posts on them, a couple we picked up 2 days ago?

The moves you lambaste is your failure to have foresight. 

Hack is intended to be the FUTURE QB. Shell is intended to be the FUTURE RT, but was slotted @ LT in preseason because Qualve & Ijilana have to get AS MANY REPS AS POSSIBLE to be the CURRENT RT of the 2016 team. 

Foresight and Planning ahead, nothing wrong with that. 

1 minute ago, Gas2No99 said:

The moves you lambaste is your failure to have foresight. 

Hack is intended to be the FUTURE QB. Shell is intended to be the FUTURE RT, but was slotted @ LT in preseason because Qualve & Ijilana have to get AS MANY REPS AS POSSIBLE to be the CURRENT RT of the 2016 team. 

Foresight and Planning ahead, nothing wrong with that. 

The Jets liked both players and they view them as you do so there is nothing wrong with that.  The foresight for me is if you are going to draft a developmental guy who needs a lot of work you do it, in the later rounds.  The 2nd round is for prospective starters.

I wanted to draft a Qb in this draft, I wanted to draft a developmental Qb in this draft.  I wanted the player potential to match the round chosen.  I simply think the Hackenburg pick was a huge mistake  for a number of reasons.

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

The Jets liked both players and they view them as you do so there is nothing wrong with that.  The foresight for me is if you are going to draft a developmental guy who needs a lot of work you do it, in the later rounds.  The 2nd round is for prospective starters.

I wanted to draft a Qb in this draft, I wanted to draft a developmental Qb in this draft.  I wanted the player potential to match the round chosen.  I simply think the Hackenburg pick was a huge mistake  for a number of reasons.

Your point is EXTREMELY valid in expecting more immediate returns - i.e. starting some games as a rookie or being the Top sub, perhaps a starter by year 2- on 1st & 2nd round picks. I agree, that's been my typical expectation as well and thus FRUSTRATION the past few decades w/2nd round picks. 

It really is a matter of perspective and SUBJECTIVE preference. Mac has shown that he'd rather take players who may take a few years to develop - Mauldin, Smith, Petty, Simon, Hack, & Shell - but have the REAL potential to be impact players. Considering the scouting backgroundMac has, I find it NO SURPRISE that he believes in acquiring & GROOMING talent than trading picks for Pricey Vets (like Tanny) which depletes depth long-term & salary cap hell or forcing unprepared young players to play (like Idzik w/Geno, Miliner, Amaro) and CRUSH their confidence and never have a chance to acclimate and develop successfully. 

ToMAEto vs. ToMAtoe :) 

Just now, Gas2No99 said:

Your point is EXTREMELY valid in expecting more immediate returns - i.e. starting some games as a rookie or being the Top sub, perhaps a starter by year 2- on 1st & 2nd round picks. I agree, that's been my typical expectation as well and thus FRUSTRATION the past few decades w/2nd round picks. 

It really is a matter of perspective and SUBJECTIVE preference. Mac has shown that he'd rather take players who may take a few years to develop - Mauldin, Smith, Petty, Simon, Hack, & Shell - but have the REAL potential to be impact players. Considering the scouting backgroundMac has, I find it NO SURPRISE that he believes in acquiring & GROOMING talent than trading picks for Pricey Vets (like Tanny) which depletes depth long-term & salary cap hell or forcing unprepared young players to play (like Idzik w/Geno, Miliner, Amaro) and CRUSH their confidence and never have a chance to acclimate and develop successfully. 

ToMAEto vs. ToMAtoe :) 

devin smith was starting to contribute when he got hurt.  but that aside, i like how the bottom of the roster doesn't seem to suck anymore.  i think it's telling that these young wrs are going to have an impact right away, and against these playoff teams.  

Archived