Every games a tough game for the Jets

Jetster

Until we shore up this defense @ LB & the secondary each and every game is a crapshoot. We're giving up to many splash plays. They change momentum quickly. The offense should be pretty consistent week to week if only the defense can clean up something and develope continuity we could be rocking heading through the 2nd half of the season. 

Most of us talked about "stealing a few wins" out of the 1st six, but the biggest issue are playing very good teams on the road. @ KC, @ Pittsburgh, @ Arizona is quite the gauntlet. Let's hope this Jets team can emulate our 1982 squad, which affectionately were called, "The Road Warriors".

Nothing like winning on the road to strengthen the bond of a football team. And those 3 road games will be a good indication of the direction this season can take. Not often you get to test yourself against 3 teams in 4 weeks that people said before the season could challenge for a Super Bowl.

About as true as it gets.

I hope the offense continues to play way it did Thursday. The Defense is going to have to tighten it up and Revis has to get some confidence back. 

The Jets can win in KC. The way Seattle is playing right now that game has become winnable as well. We will see about Pitt, Ariz.

If the Jets get through it 3-3 I would be happy.

12 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Until we shore up this defense @ LB & the secondary each and every game is a crapshoot. We're giving up to many splash plays. They change momentum quickly. The offense should be pretty consistent week to week if only the defense can clean up something and develope continuity we could be rocking heading through the 2nd half of the season. 

Most of us talked about "stealing a few wins" out of the 1st six, but the biggest issue are playing very good teams on the road. @ KC, @ Pittsburgh, @ Arizona is quite the gauntlet. Let's hope this Jets team can emulate our 1982 squad, which affectionately were called, "The Road Warriors".

Nothing like winning on the road to strengthen the bond of a football team. And those 3 road games will be a good indication of the direction this season can take. Not often you get to test yourself against 3 teams in 4 weeks that people said before the season could challenge for a Super Bowl.

Every game tough game for Jet fans too.  We built for this shit!!

2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Every game tough game for Jet fans too.  We built for this sh*t!!

Yeah, you can't have a "go up early by 3 scores and maintain the lead" game every week, but I wouldn't mind one now and then.  If the defense cures its secondary issues, it is certainly capable.

34 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Yeah, you can't have a "go up early by 3 scores and maintain the lead" game every week, but I wouldn't mind one now and then.  If the defense cures its secondary issues, it is certainly capable.

I'd love to see a few quick strike scores for our Jets. I know Fitz doesn't have the arm to emulate Trod or other QBs in the league but I'd love to see a quick screen to J.Marshall go YAC to the endzone or Quincy break a tackle & go 50 type of scores.

Other than Smith, every QB we face, Palmer, Wilson, Rothlisberger are capable of the quick score strike if you give them to much time to throw. But none of these guys can throw from their back, (ok, maybe Big Ben), so we need to be hitting QBs hard over the next 4 weeks. 

Im hoping everyone is healthy, rested up & ready to rock next Sunday in Kansas City. Pats going down on Thursday would be nice, and because they play on Thursday, I get to see my Jets on CBS in New England again. As long as we keep staying in the hunt, Jets will be the featured game when the Pats are in primetime.

Archived