The NY Jets should stand up and take note of what the Mets just did

ASH1962

8 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I'd say a pennant is "something to show" for it, no?  I get that teams whose franchise was used to winning a WS on average once every 4 years wouldn't consider that a solid accomplishment, but most franchises do.  Talking the way you do, calling it a "failed season", makes YOU the cocky one, not us. 

Certainly it was a more impressive accomplishment than the back to back AFCCG's some people still throw around as meaning something in this forum.  Especially since the NFL operates on 1-game eliminations throughout the postseason (sometimes resulting in fluky results), whereas you really do have to be the better team to win a series in baseball.

I'm the cocky one? I entered this thread after a mets fan said:

14 hours ago, Lizard King said:

All these Yankee fans who won't see another World Series until I have grandchildren are going to hate this thread. 

If you have a problem with posters being cocky, why didn't you respond to lizards post? I suppose only Yankee fans can be cocky since the Yankees are an all time great franchise while the Mets are,  you know, the Mets.  

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, Lizard King said:

All these Yankee fans who won't see another World Series until I have grandchildren are going to hate this thread. 

Why do you worry about the Yankees?  Why not just focus on the Amazins?  

Apparently you have not been paying attention but the Yankees were in it right up until several of their key young players got hurt in mid September.   With Sanchez, Austin, Castro, Bird (coming back), Judge, Didi, and a stacked farm system led by Clint Frazier and Gleybar Torres, Justus Sheffield and several others, plus plenty of money to spend strategically (Aroldis Chapman anyone?) they are poised to be right back in the thick of things next year and for many years to come.

Meanwhile you better hope Harvey can return to form, Familia sees a shrink and Cespedes decides to return (probably not), before you start chirping about getting eliminated in a one game wildcard playoff in the most demoralizing fashion. 

8 hours ago, BRONX DUDE said:

They stole our Slogan.  I hate them. 

I don't think they did, did they?  I only posted that cause I'ma Jets Fan and a Nats fan and thought it was funny.

Went to five games this year, never heard a "Jets-type Nats Chant" at any of them.

15 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

That's how i feel with the Knicks. After sucking for 13 of the last 15 years I don't care if Melo/Rose/Noah can bring us a title. I just want a competitive team to root for.

I want a title believe me I do. But only one team wins a SB every year. I'll take a good season over a bad year. 

12 hours ago, SAR I said:

Terrible idea, no way. 

The object is to win a world championship, not win a few games and get buzzed in the parking lot.  If you want a few forgettable thrills go to an amusement park.  We want a Lombardi.

SAR I

Well I'm not one of the group who wants to lose every game and get the first overall. Sure I want a SB but you have to take steps and first get good. That's your goal plus to put on the field an entertaining and competitive team. The Mets accomplished it even though they lost in the first round. 

On ‎10‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 8:08 PM, ASH1962 said:

The Mets season ended after lost last night to a pitcher who put forth one of (if not) the best pitching performance(s) my 54 year old eyes have ever seen in a playoff game. The Mets were toast from pitch number 1. What was amazing is Noah Syndergaard threw a spectacular game as well, but in sports, someone has to win and someone has to lose. The NY Jets should take note of what a team can do if they work hard and combine a good manager, a lot of heart, young and veteran talent, top flight coaching/leadership, and belief that they can win. From what I see, this Jet team is not only lacking talent in certain major spot(s), but they lack leadership and heart. Look at the difference in personnel on both teams in proportion to each teams respective competition in their respective sports. The Jets are in no way devoid of talent and on paper, should be competitive every game no matter who they play. The Mets on the other hand, were all injured and and top rely on young minor league players to help get them to the playoffs, a remarkable feat by the way.

Think about where this Met team was in early August, 2 games under .500 and 6.5 games out of the wildcard, behind STL, SF, PIT and MIA for that playoff spot. I would say that is akin to a 4-6 record after 10 weeks in the NFL and going on a 6 game winning streak to get into the playoff tournament. The Mets lost David Wright, Neil Walker, Lucas Duda, Matt Harvey, Jake DeGrom, Steve Matz, got nothing from Zack Wheeler rehabbing, got nothing from Travis D'Arnaud who is just clueless at this point, Michael Conforto was repeatedly sent up and down to the minors all season, yet had the fortitude to bust their buts to make the run that propelled them into the WC game. This Jet team seems to walk around with a sense of entitlement whereby they think they are way better then they actually are, and do not have to work hard to win, or, they are feeding off of their moribund head coach. This is not a bash Todd Bowles thread, but you have to wonder how a guy who is a zombie basically, can motivate millionaire players to work hard and perform at the top of their industry. Would you listen to Bowles? How many times have we heard one word answers from him, along with the standard Kotite'ish "We have to get better" 's, and the Rex / Hermish "We have to clean up these mistakes" etc?

Anyway, I am so proud of the Mets and the job Terry Collins, Sandy Alderson, and the entire Met management and FO have done to make them a perennial contender.

I wonder, if Sandy Alderson can come and be the Jets GM after the Mets win a WS LOL.

You do realize there is no salary cap in baseball, right?

Archived