Kacy Rodgers - Bowles True Test to his profession

Gas2No99

4 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

I don’t think anybody needs to be fired at this point. The defense lacks talent. It’s so obvious. I don’t see how firing anyone mid season is going to help. I know people want to fire everyone at this point but looking at it realistically we know that’s not going to happen. I’m of the belief that a coach should get 3 years unless the first 2 are just awful.

The Jets defense played well last year. Their schemes worked. The schemes are designed to work. The Jets simply have no talent in the secondary.

What I’d like to see happen is a move to FS for Revis and then bring in 2 younger corners to play on the outside. Move Skrine back to the slot where he belongs, or get rid of him. Get rid of Marcus Williams or slide him down the depth chart where he belongs. We have an aging corner in Revis and a couple of scrubs at corner. Pryor is a highlight reel hitter. That’s about it. He’s awful in coverage and with the talent around him he needs to help out more in coverage. That’s a problem for him.

The Jets have no edge rushers. That’s been a problem for so long. They need to revamp the defense. The defense has little talent. That’s not on Rodgers, that’s not on Bowles, that’s not even entirely on Maac. It’s on the organization as a whole throughout the last few years.

I agree with most of this, but part of the problem is that younger players make mistakes and it is going to be painful this year and next when we replace more veterans with young players. Also, for all of the crap about Harris not being able to cover (which he can't) he is clearly needed in the running game - will need a young thumper to replace him (who is hopefully faster).

That being said, not going for it with 14 seconds left in the half is just cowardly. It is like our play calling where we are afraid to throw, so we run twice, then we throw when it is harder because the yards are long, and everyone know you are going to throw. He didn't go for it at the end of the half because he didn't want to screw up, but then down by 3 TDs in the 4th the team is forced to gamble more and we have 2 INTs.

I also don't like playing Sheldon as a LB; I know we don't have any, but he is a liability there and if we just accept that and rotate him into his natural position, we are likely to play better and the guys won't get as tired - especially with all the 3 and outs the offense does. Not sure why we are playing so much forte and why Davis ever sees the field either.

Team looks flat and unprepared and that is the fault of the HC too. Not saying we should replace him; not saying the Jets are not short on talent, but he has some fault here too.

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Gruden tore Fitzpatrick and the Jets apart last night he said what many of us have said on this very forum on national tv. 

Yup. Gruden must be reading Jets Nation because he quoted many of us verbatim. Or he can see the obvious. Too bad Jets CS can't.

In response to the Petty has worked with the other WRs, I saw in preseason that between him and Robby Anderson they seemed to have a great connection especially on deep patterns. Whether it's Anderson, Smith as seen from last year or whoever, it also causes major problem for O when due to a QB not having deep arm strength(on all patterns), that enables the D to easily stop both the run and short to intermediate passes. This is why Fitz definitely can't play with these deep threat WRs and needs to be benched ASAP. It would be better to go directly to Petty, but if they want to wait a little bit on that due to his recent injury or lack of practice then Geno needs the full starter reps and needs to be the guys for the next few games. If he progresses and they win stick with him a while, if he struggles and they lose go to Petty for perhaps the last 8 games. If in his 1st 4 games he looks like he cannot work maybe Hack will be able to do the last 4 games. I know that's a lot of switching around, but at least they would learn if anyone of these young QBs are worth starting in 2017. It would make entering the draft a lot easier this year knowing whether or not we need one of the top QB prospects if say we are picking very high, or if we pick that high go with the QB we currently have on the team and use that high draft pick with the other rounds and even trading down if possible to build around the new QB. There, I just did Mac's whole job for him for free. All he has to do is read this a some of the rest f the posts on this forum. Anything beats what we all saw last night.

2 hours ago, PatsFanTX said:

I thought Gruden did a very good job last night. He was looking for something positive for the Jets, but it never happened.

BTW, that was the worst officiated NFL game (for both teams) that I ever watched.

Those ticky-tack PI and defensive holdings penalties got to go. Let the players play the game!

Football is going to be destroyed with this stuff my friend....

Archived