J.T Barrett

joewilly12

11 hours ago, Paradis said:

Interesting list/topic.  JT Barrett is not even getting drafted. Not as a QB anyway. ... as for this post -- your list going to be a hot topic this offseason and (likely) next year too - for Jets fans

few quick thoughts;

Watson has completely fallen right out of 1st round IMO. The holes in his game were exposed this year. Personally, I don't think he's gonna make in the NFL. 

Luke Falk might be the best QB in this draft class. I don't think you're gonna see these kinds of threads without his name for much longer. 

I'm very interested to see Lamar next year. He made a sensational leap from 2015-2016, but feels like the offense has begun to burn out and I'm curious to see if teams are getting better at defending him, or whether putting an entire program on your back literally every week took it's toll. Better passer than he gets credit for tho. 

Josh Rosen 100%

Jake Browning is not an NFL Quarterback. 

That USC kid, I like.

I heard so much about this guy and the two games I watched him he was god awful.  He must have been really good otherwise but the lose and the last win he was not good at all.

And after watching a couple of games with Darnold I was impressed.

On 11/16/2016 at 6:41 AM, maury77 said:

Agreed again. It's a very good class for RB, CB and LB, but unfortunately, it doesn't look great for OL, especially tackle. 

This could be a blessing in disguise. Just because the draft is not laded with talent at OT doesn't mean there won't be any NFL caliber OTs available- its just not very deep. I'm guessing there will be one guy that separates himself as the #1 OT prospect and another guy that is a close #2, with a few others that are 2nd-3rd round prospects. A  bit like last year with Tunsil as the obvious #1 with Stanley and Conklin a close 2nd and 3rd.  Except in this case, there's nobody as highly rated as Tunsil (or maybe even Stanley- although time will tell as we approach the draft). Unless another team reaches, the Jets could very well TRADE DOWN into the teens and still get one of the top 2 OT prospects in the draft. Maybe Robinson is projected to be the #1 OT off the board but ends up sliding to the Jets and being the #2 OT selected? This happened last year with Tunsil, who some projected going #1 overall and he slid to 13th (3rd OT off the board) b/c of a video of him smoking pot. Point is, as long as you have a high draft pick, you have a to of options...somebody who needs a top OT prospect but is picking in the bottom of the first round should be concerned with the lack of talent at that position, but not really the Jets. 

Having said that, I agree. But I don't see RB as a big need for the Jets. In large part b/c I like what I have seen from Powell and I think Forte still has plenty left in the tank. Sure, if a stud RB falls to the 2nd round or we are in a situation where we ave multiple 1st or 2nd round picks (via trade down? Richardson trade?)- BUT I think the Jets need to go OT, CB, OLB/pass rusher, RB, TE- pretty much in that order. If they trade down or get a 2nd rounder for Richardson, that allows them to take OT, CB and a pass rusher in the first 2 rounds. You can still find a very good RB in the 3rd and a talented TE in the 4th. If you want a guy like Fournette or Cook, you will have to be ready to use a 1st or 2nd round pick. For the Jets right now, I am not ready to do that. 

14 hours ago, Paradis said:

Luke Falk might be the best QB in this draft class. I don't think you're gonna see these kinds of threads without his name for much longer. 

You don't have any concerns about him coming out of that Washington State spread system. That would be one of my main concerns, and its a biggie. I'm also not sure he will declare for the draft...will he? 

One thing I'll say is that despite their 8-4 record, they faced some pretty good competition and 2 of their losses came against good teams in Colorado and Washington.   

8 minutes ago, PepPep said:

You don't have any concerns about him coming out of that Washington State spread system. That would be one of my main concerns, and its a biggie. I'm also not sure he will declare for the draft...will he? 

One thing I'll say is that despite their 8-4 record, they faced some pretty good competition and 2 of their losses came against good teams in Colorado and Washington.   

I'm guilty (like anyone else) of being an emotional guy, -- and I'm crushing on Falk here at the moment.. so take it with a grain of salt. There is still lots of work to do to get him up to speed in the NFL... but he oozes the stuff of a franchise QB. His touch and ball placement is phenomenal. Accuracy? Yup.  I think he makes good decisions too. Wazzu isn't devoid of talent, but he definitely had to do a lot of heavy lifting. Sometimes you just see the future with a kid like that - and it looked bright.

Him and Watson are going in two opposite directions IMO. 

Archived