Luke Cage: the mafia game

Leelou

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

K.  Please present alternative theories.  Thanks in advance. 

Did you miss the part earlier where I said vig and then you said it was possible but unlikely? It is possible that vig is more plausible than a "Scum can magically see the bulletproof town that doesn't even exist" role that you're putting forth? Thanks in retrospect.

4 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

I think, from a scum POV (or even SK), it would have made more sense to wait for Nolder to resurface to possibly disclose more information, or even maybe just bury himself. Or to see if he was not gonna show up at all, as in it would be doable to push a lynch there if he was absent, since he was getting attention. Why waste a shot on someone with lynch equity with 24 hours to go to the phase? Scum would benefit from Nolder dying, whether SK or town, but why shoot when you can maybe lynch? The only thing I could think of is maybe to try to draw attention away from the current train. ie a distraction. OR if Lizzie is day vig scum... might as well use it now just in case, if/when he gets lynched (since he's at L-2).

But, I could see a world where this was a town vig who thought there was a good chance that Nolder was SK or Scum, as those roles are normally the ones who get a BPV, and there didn't seem to be a better explanation over why Zander's shot didn't go through coupled with Nolder knowing that he got shot at. He wasn't showing up to explain himself. So yeah, I could see a scenario where a town vig would get impatient and nix him with a high confidence of hitting an antitown role. And I don't see how the existence of a bulletproof townie makes it less likely that there would be a town vig. First of all, we don't know what scum are packing. And secondly, town vigs are usually not considered a huge leverage for town, as probability wise they're more likely to hit town the scum, just from sheer numbers.

Thoughts on 80?

17 minutes ago, Lizard King said:

My attention to detail and your attention to detail seem to be pretty much at the same level. Assuming you didn't edit in the SK line, you still left it wide open on not questioning having another vig, plus assuming that scum had special seeing powers to know Nolder was bulletproof (is that even a role? + Nyn disqualified it with her Wiki) - essentially you made a weak 2nd option in a SK and then built up a vote on PAC a foundation of absolute crap.

What special seeing powers are you babbling about? Zander and Dice made it clear that the shot was from Zander at Dice. We all were made aware that it missed and hit Nolder but didn't kill him.  All scum would have to do is watch a single episode of Luke Cage or even Jessica Jones to know Luke was bulletproof and take the Judas bullet shot to kill Luke Cage. 

2 minutes ago, Lizard King said:

Did you miss the part earlier where I said vig and then you said it was possible but unlikely? It is possible that vig is more plausible than a "Scum can magically see the bulletproof town that doesn't even exist" role that you're putting forth? Thanks in retrospect.

I didn't intend what I said to mean that scum KNEW there was a bulletproof townie.  I'm suggesting they DID likely know more than we do about what town might be packing.  Based on Nyn's wikipedia research, this is an extremely rare and powerful role.  I'd hazard a guess to say Scum (or SK) is also packing some strong abilities to maintain balance. 

2 minutes ago, Lizard King said:

Thoughts on 80?

Not a fan of him assuming right off the bat that this was a scum shot. Also don't agree with him saying this couldn't be a town vig shot. Reasoning blows.

I need to read back your recent interaction though cause I think I missed some of it when I was typing up my post.

21 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I wonder the same. I think Zander's shot clued them in. If you watch the show Luke could not be killed by normal bullets. Super power Judah's bullets. Now  not sure if it's scum or a sk. Both reasonable based on show. Though a dumb move makes me think Zander is probably town. 

In the show, it's Shades who suggest to Cottonmouth to use the bullets but then it's Luke's brother Diamond back who actually uses the bullets, right? 

Not to mod the game but I could see Leelou setting this up with Diamond back as SK.  Because technically throughout the show, Diamond back is always this looming bad ass but doesnt come around until Cottonmouth is dead.  If I recall correctly. 

Not sure what that means in the grand scheme but me thinks a SK recognized who Nolderp was.  I figured it, which is why I gave that whole situation pause.  I think the only person who then pointed to Nol was Pac, like 80 is suggesting but not sure that Pac would case Nol and then shoot him.  Kind of doesnt make sense. 

Still liking my vote on JC for now.  

21 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

I think, from a scum POV (or even SK), it would have made more sense to wait for Nolder to resurface to possibly disclose more information, or even maybe just bury himself. Or to see if he was not gonna show up at all, as in it would be doable to push a lynch there if he was absent, since he was getting attention. Why waste a shot on someone with lynch equity with 24 hours to go to the phase? Scum would benefit from Nolder dying, whether SK or town, but why shoot when you can maybe lynch? The only thing I could think of is maybe to try to draw attention away from the current train. ie a distraction. OR if Lizzie is day vig scum... might as well use it now just in case, if/when he gets lynched (since he's at L-2).

But, I could see a world where this was a town vig who thought there was a good chance that Nolder was SK or Scum, as those roles are normally the ones who get a BPV, and there didn't seem to be a better explanation over why Zander's shot didn't go through coupled with Nolder knowing that he got shot at. He wasn't showing up to explain himself. So yeah, I could see a scenario where a town vig would get impatient and nix him with a high confidence of hitting an antitown role. And I don't see how the existence of a bulletproof townie makes it less likely that there would be a town vig. First of all, we don't know what scum are packing. And secondly, town vigs are usually not considered a huge leverage for town, as probability wise they're more likely to hit town the scum, just from sheer numbers.

That 2nd point is a good point that I thought about but it would make no sense for Nolderp to reveal that he was the person who took the bullet if he was SK or Scum.  He clearly thought he was untouchable so he was waving his Luke Cage dick at everyone.  It backfired, obviously. 

15 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

Not a fan of him assuming right off the bat that this was a scum shot. Also don't agree with him saying this couldn't be a town vig shot. Reasoning blows.

I need to read back your recent interaction though cause I think I missed some of it when I was typing up my post.

After you do that, let me know if you think I'm bussing him or if it's worth your pulling your vote off me for the time being?

Just now, JiF said:

That 2nd point is a good point that I thought about but it would make no sense for Nolderp to reveal that he was the person who took the bullet if he was SK or Scum.  He clearly thought he was untouchable so he was waving his Luke Cage dick at everyone.  It backfired, obviously. 

I agree, and I've mentioned several times that I didn't get why he would even say anything. Mostly was just waiting for him to show up and clarify.

18 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

Why would a town vig have the ability to kill Nick Cage? That really makes no sense. Sometimes people say scum when they actually mean third power other than town. 

13 minutes ago, Lizard King said:

@Zander open a Google Doc, compile all your thoughts there, and then make a single LUCID post when you're fully caught up  kthx!

Yeah... that's not gonna happen. He has been asked so many times and he has ignored each and every request lol

Just now, The Crusher said:

Why would a town vig have the ability to kill Nick Cage? That really makes no sense. Sometimes people say scum when they actually mean third power other than town. 

I don't know the flavor. And okay.

Archived