Question for the Board

Tinstar

8 minutes ago, phill1c said:

phill1c

I have no particular agenda against Wentz. I just think he's overhyped. And the fact is that most of the people who are hyping him jump on and off of QB bandwagons like open-air tourist busses. And then, when the guy eventually flames out, they turn to some other guy with three starts or just coming out of college and the process starts all over again. they cry "there'll never be another guy like ______" and then there is or someone like Prescott surprises.

So, no, I wouldn't trade an entire draft for ANY QB because there are so many guys who, even if they pass the eye test, aren't assured of succeeding beyond guys that don't. It's really mostly about the talent surrounding them. A QB can't throw to himself or block pass rushers himself. He's one part of a team and without those other parts, he's nothing. And there are too many people that, if surrounded with talent, can perform adequately. And there are also too many Andrew Lucks, Cutlers, to get all drooley over someone else's QB.

Fix the ******* team and a QB will emerge.

And nowhere, anywhere did I suggest we should have traded our entire draft for Wentz. 

You need to calm down 

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There's a huge difference in looking into what it would take to move up in the draft and being able to move up in the draft.  We have no idea that it was even possible.

There were reports that our offer for the #1 overall was extremely close to being accepted over StL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Snell41 said:

There were reports that our offer for the #1 overall was extremely close to being accepted over StL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't see that.  If true what more did they want? 

Archived