Curtis Samuel, WR/RB, Ohio State

DMan77

He declared today. He's a late 1st/2nd round talent on most big boards... He's compared with Percy Harvin as sort of a 'can be a playmaker everywhere' kind of guy. He's explosive and makes some crazy juke moves in the open field. Really quick feet... Maybe more than Harvin was though, he's also looked at as a deep threat and a guy with good route running ability. So he's not just a screen pass/ short yardage/ quick move type of guy. He's a legit WR from anywhere behind the line of scrimmage to the opposing endzone. You can line him up anywhere and he'll get the defenses attention.

Seriously check out some highlights. It's like watching backyard football.

He could be there in the 2nd for the Jets... Maybe not a need but he can play RB, WR, kick returner, reverses, etc. He'd  be a new shiny weapon on day 1.

Personally I'm not sure I'm looking for the Jets to snag a WR again in the 2nd round... But this guy would be a type of player the Jets haven't had on their team since... Um... Man, I don't even know who. Harvin wasn't vintage Harvin when he was on the Jets for those 8 games... I'm not sure the Jets have ever had a dynamic playmaker like this guy has the potential to be. He would make the team look pretty damn fast. 

http://rotoviz.com/2016/12/2017-nfl-draft-prospect-curtis-samuel/

He reminds me of the kid in Green Bay that got hurt on yesterday  Ty Montgomery .  Exact same player who doesn't have a natural position just does everything well . He's not Harvin, because I don't think he has that kind of speed . He's a stocky kid who can run inside or outside and can flank out and be a receiver .

I think he's a 3rd round draft pick with upside .

13 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

He reminds me of the kid in Green Bay that got hurt on yesterday  Ty Montgomery .  Exact same player who doesn't have a natural position just does everything well . He's not Harvin, because I don't think he has that kind of speed . He's a stocky kid who can run inside or outside and can flank out and be a receiver .

Ya some scouting reports have him listed as being sort of a "tweener"... Not having a solid natural position can be a knock against him. 

Kind of feels like if he's you're #1 weapon, that's not good enough... But if he's your #2, #3 guy, he can be a real threat. 

5 minutes ago, DMan77 said:

Ya some scouting reports have him listed as being sort of a "tweener"... Not having a solid natural position can be a knock against him. 

Kind of feels like if he's you're #1 weapon, that's not good enough... But if he's your #2, #3 guy, he can be a real threat. 

To be honest, the Jets already have him on the roster in the person of Jalin Marshall .

• 1 month later...
On 1/9/2017 at 3:54 PM, Tinstar said:

He ran a full tenth faster than Harvin.  Kid is no joke. 

• 1 month later...

My friend danny is the assistant principle at Erasmus - he was telling me about this kid earlier this year when we were watching football at bar... It'd be nice if he got to play for the home team. I heard the kid got wheels ... i think he ran a 4.31 or something like that? Def could start early as a KR, If he falls to the 3rd round I say we grab him... i dunno if he will make it past the second round tho... and i don't feel comfortable drafting a WR early in the 2nd. 

Would be nice, but I don't even consider a kid like him . He's a late 1st early 2nd round pick in my estimation and I figure the Jets will target either a DB or a TE in that round . Personally, I would love to have the chance to draft Evan Engram . I put him outside at WR and cut Decker the next day . Kid has great hands the big body and awesome speed  .

Archived