Cal QB Davis Webb

Persiussa

I never feel like i can get behind these air raid guys but i keep hearing about Davis Webb as a QB who could be a late riser in the draft process.  He's a senior QB at Cal and even though he runs a gimmicky Bear Raid offense this guy just frequently threads the needle on passes and drops bombs right in the bucket.  He's not an option at #6 but as the search for the next Russell Wilson, Dak Prescott or Derek Carr happens Davis Webb could be a QB that doesn't go in the first round but becomes a legitimate NFL player.  He also has prototypical QB size at 6'5 230 pounds.

30 minutes ago, Persiussa said:

I never feel like i can get behind these air raid guys but i keep hearing about Davis Webb as a QB who could be a late riser in the draft process.  He's a senior QB at Cal and even though he runs a gimmicky Bear Raid offense this guy just frequently threads the needle on passes and drops bombs right in the bucket.  He's not an option at #6 but as the search for the next Russell Wilson, Dak Prescott or Derek Carr happens Davis Webb could be a QB that doesn't go in the first round but becomes a legitimate NFL player.  He also has prototypical QB size at 6'5 230 pounds.

Lol the guy who got benched for Pat Mahomes, and forced to transfer if he ever wanted to see the field again.

1 hour ago, Lupz27 said:

Lol the guy who got benched for Pat Mahomes, and forced to transfer if he ever wanted to see the field again.

The funny thing is, i just don't see it with Mahomes.  I have to watch more of his film but i sat through 2 games and maybe i'm missing something but i just don't believe he'll pan out.

On 1/11/2017 at 10:27 PM, Lupz27 said:

41 minutes ago, Persiussa said:

The funny thing is, i just don't see it with Mahomes.  I have to watch more of his film but i sat through 2 games and maybe i'm missing something but i just don't believe he'll pan out.

Check out this film, and you will get a glimpse of his potential, and understand why Webb was told to go play somewhere else.

• 1 month later...

There has been a lot of buzz lately about Webb going into the combine.  Possibly a late 1st rounder if a team trades up but probably an early 2nd rounder.  Could be the 3rd or 4th QB taken in a weak QB class but shows how much QBs are valued in the draft.  I don't see the Jets taking him as he is a project player and they already have 2 on the team, but could be a fit for a west coast offense.  Really good intermediate and underneath throws, distributes the ball well, has good arm strength and can adjust the pace on his throws.

On 1/12/2017 at 10:33 PM, Persiussa said:

Are you aware he throws a pick 6 to a DL on his own 5 yard line in this video?  haha

On 1/12/2017 at 11:04 PM, Lupz27 said:

Hey don't forget, Russell Wilson had to transfer out to Wisconsin because Wilson got beat out by Mike Glennon.  Things works out ok for Wilson.

6 hours ago, NYDreamer said:

Hey don't forget, Russell Wilson had to transfer out to Wisconsin because Wilson got beat out by Mike Glennon.  Things works out ok for Wilson.

So different Wilson got pushed out because they wanted a pocket statue passer like Glennon to run the offense, Webb had to transfer to a team running the same offense he got thrown out of because Mahomes so much better then him.

• 1 month later...

Archived