Female Head Coach In The 4 Major Sports

TuscanyTile2

IMO - A woman has to have actually have played the sport they're coaching, at least on the college level.  Pretty much leaves out football out. Basketball would be their only shot.  I guess soccer as well, but don't think anyone would really care in that instance.

2 hours ago, section314 said:

Ask yourself this question....when Calhoun retired, do you seriously think UCONN even for a second considered Geno as his replacement?

yes. i'm sure they did.  i think he may have even been approached by some nba teams. but you know there are lots of factors when naming a replacement such as maintaining the current players as well as whatever recuiting program they have. and what motivation would auriemma have besides money (maybe).  really none.  he's at the very top of women's college basketball. there is also more competition going to a div 1 men's program.  but i don't think that's the point.  the point is auriemma has taken a program and turned it from so-so to dominating.  that takes a skill set that translates across just about everything.

Archived