9 safeties drafted in the first 2 rounds??

thshadow

16 minutes ago, thshadow said:

I'm trying to do anything I can to prevent myself from throwing up, so I was thinking about this - 9 safeties in the first 2 rounds?  Has that ever happened before?

I don't know but I'm willing to bet no one has ever taking back to back safeties in 1st two rounds before ?

Safety was one of the depth strengths of this draft. OL and QB were probably the worst. I would have preferred CB in R2, if we had to go defense.

In a vacuum these are fine picks. It's because we're so hard up for instant improvement - and the salt in wound of having busted on Pryor - that the 2nd pick is frustrating. Plus Jetsy Jets Jetsing.

You go with the strength of the draft. Safeties in this draft. What's the difference between draft A: S, S, WR, OT, RB, CB, C and draft B: S, RB, WR, CB, OT, C, S. Not much - you still end up with 2 safeties, a RB, a C, a OT, a CB, and a WR. DRAFT A just played to the draft's strength which makes all the sense in the world. Don't get the obsession with S now RB, now OT just to make it look balanced. Have to look at the draft in its entirety. Mac did get an xtra pick for the Jets.

Archived