This is the Leadership Draft

Schoolboy

Let me be clear, I was surprised by the back to back safety picks and thought about the projected talents we passed on. but for a team lacking in leadership, these men (despite position) are exactly what this organization needed. Not only are the shallow and deep parts of our defense quicker and more aggressive, these players are excellent tacklers and bring high effort and expectations of the same from their teammates. 

With the veterans we let go, and the low morale in the locker room, this team desperately needed the athleticism, attitude, and outspokenness these two safeties demonstrate.

Those suggesting that Macc does not have a vision or direction, are failing to recognize or accept maccs approach of building this team with athletic SEC leaders who were leaders in their respective teams of bot unit.

Not guaranteeing the players will directly bring wins but let's trust the process.

Leadership is the bullsheet clueless sportswriters talk about because mostly they have barely any idea what they're watching. By this logic get a team of Eagle Scouts. Why do we never hear about a losing team with great chemistry and wonderful leaderhsip? My god, people will believe ANYTHING.

8 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Leadership is the bullsheet clueless sportswriters talk about because mostly they have barely any idea what they're watching. By this logic get a team of Eagle Scouts. Why do we never hear about a losing team with great chemistry and wonderful leaderhsip? My god, people will believe ANYTHING.

Yeah, because big name WRs skipping camp for a POS QB, players getting punched, and the team giving up are all signs of great teams.

You can have all the talent in the world; if there's no leadership, you're screwed.

We picked up both ability and leadership this draft.

It sucks Macc had to waste last year learning, but it seems like he's back to his Executive of the Year ways.

Cheers Macc!  Keep up the good work.

13 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Yeah. There's such thing as a middle ground.

Archived