Eric Mangini still hoping to reconcile with Bill Belichick after Spygate

TuscanyTile2

7 hours ago, nyjunc said:

Parcells made a SB w/ DREW BLEDSOE at QB.  w/ Drew Bledsoe BB was 5-13.

w/o Brady BB is a failed HC

w/o LT he doesn't look like a good DC either.

BB's Ds w/ and w/o LT:

w/:

NYG DC 1985-1990

D ranking:

1985: 2

1986: 2

1987: 7

1988- 11

1989- 5

1990- 2

average ranking:  4.8

w/o:

Cleveland HC 1991-1995:

1991: 18

1992: 14

1993: 12

1994: 7

1995: 24

NYJ DC 1997-1999:

1997: 24

1998: 7

1999: 21

NE HC 2000-2016:

2000: 20

2001: 24

2002: 23

2003: 7

2004: 9

2005: 26

2006: 6

2007: 4

2008: 10

2009: 11

2010: 25

2011: 31

2012: 25

2013: 26

2014: 13

2015: 9

2016: 8

average: 16.2

playoff pts allowed w/ and w/o:

NYG 1985-1990:

92 pts in 9 games, 10.2 PPG

without Cle 1994, NYJ 1998, NE 2001, 2003-2007, 2009-2016:

766 pts in 34 games, 22.5 PPG

BB's "scheme" in 1990 is BS.  Buffalo did what they wanted to in limited opportunities, NYG won b/c the offense held the ball for 40 minutes. People praise BP over everything, sometimes he deserves it but sometimes he doesn't like not taking a TO at the end of the Seattle SB or the SB XXV gameplan.

Appreciate what you're doing here. But the guy is one of if not the best of all time. And to double the nut kicking pain, we had him for but a moment.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, jgb said:

Appreciate what you're doing here. But the guy is one of if not the best of all time. And to double the nut kicking pain, we had him for but a moment.

he's still a great coach but I think BP was a better HC.

we were this close to having BB w/ either Peyton or Brady.  w/ Peyton we win a SB or 2, w/ Brady we are what the Pats became.

On ‎6‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 3:51 PM, sciond said:

Mangini failed here however he has gotten a raw deal ever since.

What?!

Wasn't he coach and GM of the Browns, who are STILL trying to recover?

He was never qualified to be a head coach and, please, he's as qualified to be a GM as I am, which, apparently, the rest of the league seems to substantiate.

10 minutes ago, phill1c said:

What?!

He was never qualified to be a head coach and, please, he's as qualified to be a GM as I am, which, apparently, the rest of the league seems to substantiate.

Really?..... you think anyone has a fighting chance with the Browns or Jets?

Time will tell. BTW have their been any other coaches in recent memory that failed horribly run teams and have gone onto have success?

Let me help you there

Carrol

Bellichick

just to name a couple

Yeah, ok

But don't you think it's kinda insulting to Belichick and Carroll, and any other NFL coach who has won a playoff game, to mention Mangini in the same sentence?

Mangini's had TWO opportunities to coach, for multiple years, and has all of ONE playoff game, which he lost, handily.

And his second franchise, where he had the most power, was arguably the worst franchise in the league when he was fired.

And, yes, I DO think anyone has a fighting chance with any franchise. I submit that Mangini was part of the problem at Cleveland. And that he mostly relied on Herm's players and developed nobody. He was involved in the composition of the Jets roster, which, really, is damning with very faint praise. Yes, they got about 4 players I can remember Ferguson, Mangold, Harris, and Revis during his tenure. They also drafted Gholston, which even Mangini's protractors say he influenced. So, really, he's a master at nothing. He's not a motivator and he doesn't really have any great football acumen. He's just some guy who looks like you think you look like and who you might see standing at the urinal during half time. And that's why you like him. It certainly couldn't be because of his record...anywhere.

20 hours ago, phill1c said:

What?!

Mangini was also defensive coordinator for a bottom 5 defense in San Francisco

I don't overrate Mangini as this guru unlike 30% of Jets fans but I'd take him as GM over Macagnan

7 hours ago, thadude said:

Mangini was also defensive coordinator for a bottom 5 defense in San Francisco

I don't overrate Mangini as this guru unlike 30% of Jets fans but I'd take him as GM over Macagnan

That you would take him as a GM suggests that you have in fact way way way overrated him.

Archived