WR Quinton Patton to IR

Sarge4Tide

On 6/6/2017 at 7:49 AM, Dunnie said:

This reference is too ancient for 90% of our fan base. I love it ! emoji12.png

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Jets haven't done much to draw in new fans. Our fan base falls into two camps: Geezers who remember Namath, and their progeny. Jet fandom is a genetic legacy. Like blue eyes or cystic fibrosis.

12 minutes ago, C Mart said:

That could be the approx league minimum for someone with his # of years in the league? 

Oh I am aware of that, he's like an 8 year veteran who is part of the Core 4 above 30 still on the roster: McCown, Forte, Purdum, and McClendon (good trivia question).

Point is, all these transactions sound like Woody is ONCE AGAIN calling the shots and has decided to SLASH & BURN payroll to recoup all the RIDICULOUS CONTRACT $$$ that was doled out in '15 and '16 on Revis, Cro, Fitz, Mo, etc.

the tea leaves are quite telling .......

14 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

Oh I am aware of that, he's like an 8 year veteran who is part of the Core 4 above 30 still on the roster: McCown, Forte, Purdum, and McClendon (good trivia question).

Point is, all these transactions sound like Woody is ONCE AGAIN calling the shots and has decided to SLASH & BURN payroll to recoup all the RIDICULOUS CONTRACT $$$ that was doled out in '15 and '16 on Revis, Cro, Fitz, Mo, etc.

the tea leaves are quite telling .......

or... since 2017 is the beginning of the new 4-year cumulative period for the spending floor, any cap dollars saved in 2017 can and will be used in the subsequent 3 years. GIves the Jets options in FA they might not otherwise have.

12 minutes ago, Dcat said:

or... since 2017 is the beginning of the new 4-year cumulative period for the spending floor, any cap dollars saved in 2017 can and will be used in the subsequent 3 years. GIves the Jets options in FA they might not otherwise have.

I get it. I'm just still a bit vinegary from the Harris cut. To cut him and Mangold so unceremoniously just stings. It had to be done, but should have been done better. They could have swallowed Harris at his $6M figure to just let him finish out his contract and be a steady figure in the '17 locker room, but alas. 

I'm a Machiavellian to the end, but the Harris cut just really soured me more towards Woody b/c Harris was always a great soldier for the team and deserved better.   

16 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

I get it. I'm just still a bit vinegary from the Harris cut. To cut him and Mangold so unceremoniously just stings. It had to be done, but should have been done better. They could have swallowed Harris at his $6M figure to just let him finish out his contract and be a steady figure in the '17 locker room, but alas. 

I'm a Machiavellian to the end, but the Harris cut just really soured me more towards Woody b/c Harris was always a great soldier for the team and deserved better.   

Agree with every word.

Archived