Jets lost yesterday mainly because Car made 2 plays the Jets NEVER make

ASH1962

1- Never get A defensive TD

2 - Never get punt or kick off return.

2A - Defense never makes a play late in a game to pull one out.

Someone wrote it is Karma in a previous thread. It has to be. Every team fields 11 on D and 11 on O and 11 on ST's. Why is it that some teams make breaks (like Carolina did yesterday) and we never do. Amazing to think the last KR or PR for a TD was by Brad Smith in 09 or 10 I believe. It is so bad, I do not recall our getting a return into opponents territory since then! I could be wrong about that, and definitely do not remember the last defensive TD we got, does anyone?

This season is now pure frustration at $-7 continuing to watch Bowles trot a 40 year old QB out there who clearly cannot play at the speed of the game anymore while 2 young guys languish; one on the bench, and the other in never-never land.

On the PR TD, remember when we had Westhoff and we used to score on STs basically every season?

Westhoff was here 2001-2012(12 seasons):

we had 3 PR TDs and 16 KO return TDs

NINE different players had a kick or PR TD

Jeremy Kerley, Joe McKnight, Santana Moss, Chad Morton, Jonathan Carter, Brad Smith, Jericho Cotchery, Justin Miller and Leon Washington(who had the most at 4)

Since we became the Jets in 1964:

1964-2000, 2013-current Jets(41+ seasons):

17 total from 13 different players(inclduding zero since Westhoff left following 2012 season): Kevin Williams, Emerson Boozer, Leon Johnson, Aaron Glenn, Chris Farasopoulos, Burgess Owens, Terance Mathis(was record at the time, since been passed), JoJo Townsell, Michael Harper, Lou Piccone, Bobby Humphery, Bruce Harper, Kirk Springs

6 hours ago, ASH1962 said:

1- Never get A defensive TD

2 - Never get punt or kick off return.

2A - Defense never makes a play late in a game to pull one out.

Someone wrote it is Karma in a previous thread. It has to be. Every team fields 11 on D and 11 on O and 11 on ST's. Why is it that some teams make breaks (like Carolina did yesterday) and we never do. Amazing to think the last KR or PR for a TD was by Brad Smith in 09 or 10 I believe. It is so bad, I do not recall our getting a return into opponents territory since then! I could be wrong about that, and definitely do not remember the last defensive TD we got, does anyone?

This season is now pure frustration at $-7 continuing to watch Bowles trot a 40 year old QB out there who clearly cannot play at the speed of the game anymore while 2 young guys languish; one on the bench, and the other in never-never land.

yep. and the thing too is the jets almost never seem to play a complete game, that is winning in all phases.  the most recent was the buffalo game and they nearly had another one in their win streak.  but look at the successful teams.  they win the battles on offense, defense and special teams.  and sometimes it's not by much.

6 hours ago, nyjunc said:

On the PR TD, remember when we had Westhoff and we used to score on STs basically every season?

Westhoff was here 2001-2012(12 seasons):

we had 3 PR TDs and 16 KO return TDs

NINE different players had a kick or PR TD

Jeremy Kerley, Joe McKnight, Santana Moss, Chad Morton, Jonathan Carter, Brad Smith, Jericho Cotchery, Justin Miller and Leon Washington(who had the most at 4)

Since we became the Jets in 1964:

1964-2000, 2013-current Jets(41+ seasons):

17 total from 13 different players(inclduding zero since Westhoff left following 2012 season): Kevin Williams, Emerson Boozer, Leon Johnson, Aaron Glenn, Chris Farasopoulos, Burgess Owens, Terance Mathis(was record at the time, since been passed), JoJo Townsell, Michael Harper, Lou Piccone, Bobby Humphery, Bruce Harper, Kirk Springs

I remember these names well! I totally agree with everything you just said. So based upon your excellent research, we had 19 ST Td's via return and none since 2012. That is as mind boggling as the Browns going 1-25 over the last 2 seasons to date. Think about how many times the Jets have been kicked off and punted to over the last what, 80 games. 

Chris Farasopoulis, holy $hit. What a memory.

Archived