I just bought a new truck,,,

Beerfish

On 5/26/2018 at 6:46 AM, Kleckineau said:

I prefer when money is made the old fashioned way like going to the bank................with a gun.

All kidding aside nice buy / sell.

it was a nice one.  but 2008/2009 was like shooting fish in a barrel.  

5 hours ago, batman10023 said:

it was a nice one.  but 2008/2009 was like shooting fish in a barrel.  

So true. It was the proverbial opportunity of a lifetime.

But so many foolishly fell for the run for the hills herd mentality and sold at or near the bottom without a re-entry strategy

I saw colleagues do that with high 6 figure 401Ks and could only shake my head.

That recession / sell off  was the gift that keeps giving and yet 10 years later so many people still dont understand that after a 40% drop moving 401Ks to cash or bonds was the biggest financial mistake of their lives. (not to mention all the equities that were at wholesale prices to pick from from).

51 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

So true. It was the proverbial opportunity of a lifetime.

But so many foolishly fell for the run for the hills herd mentality and sold at or near the bottom without a re-entry strategy

I saw colleagues do that with high 6 figure 401Ks and could only shake my head.

That recession / sell off  was the gift that keeps giving and yet 10 years later so many people still dont understand that after a 40% drop moving 401Ks to cash or bonds was the biggest financial mistake of their lives. (not to mention all the equities that were at wholesale prices to pick from from).

In their defense it was pretty scary.  My portfolio was unharmed in 2008 so I was in a position of strength. 

I am a must waiting for the next crash and then I retire if I play it correct. 

58 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

In their defense it was pretty scary.  My portfolio was unharmed in 2008 so I was in a position of strength. 

I am a must waiting for the next crash and then I retire if I play it correct. 

Yes no doubt it was pretty epic. Being a bit older than you (I think) I always have the vivid memory of mistakenly moving to cash in 1987 when the market really tanked and did it so fast it made your head spin. Wow I really took a wicked haircut but 1990, 2001 I stuck with it and I just bought more on the ride down. Same in 2008-09. There is no teacher like experience. Keep stackin my friend!

2 hours ago, Kleckineau said:

Yes no doubt it was pretty epic. Being a bit older than you (I think) I always have the vivid memory of mistakenly moving to cash in 1987 when the market really tanked and did it so fast it made your head spin. Wow I really took a wicked haircut but 1990, 2001 I stuck with it and I just bought more on the ride down. Same in 2008-09. There is no teacher like experience. Keep stackin my friend!

I was starting high school in 1987!  Although I read the Wall Street journal back then also.  Was a big hit with the ladies. 

I have over 50 percent in cash now. I usually have 25-40.   But when it’s buying time I buy aggressively. 

Archived