Was today the best possible outcome for Sam?

JetFreak89

6 minutes ago, flgreen said:

In all honesty, IMO the best thing for Darnold right now is to be put on IR.  The rest of the season is going to be chaos.  Not a good thing for a rookie QB.  If I had to bet Darnold is hitting himself in the head right now for not staying at USC one more year.

Not really. USC is a mess too. 

4 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

on the flip side, all the players are basically on notice that the hc is gone at the end of the season and jobs are on the line.  let the entire offensive roster audition to see who is worth keeping, and also, it will be interesting to see if the offensive philosophy changes after the bye week.  darnold needs to play the pats 2x this season so he can get that experience out of the way before he can lead us to glory.

Normally, and logically, I would have to agree with you.  Thing is, only 29 players on this roster are under contract next year.

They'll play somewhat for their next contract, but they ain't going to be team players.

Bro, this year is done

5 hours ago, flgreen said:

In all honesty, IMO the best thing for Darnold right now is to be put on IR.  The rest of the season is going to be chaos.  Not a good thing for a rookie QB.  If I had to bet, Darnold is hitting himself in the head right now for not staying at USC one more year.

I think he believes signing a 1st round contract with like a 30 million dollar signing bonus was better than playing at USC for free and risking potential injury everytime he stepped on the field in order to play free football while everyone else around including the school gets millions. 

I dont think he's thinking about USC. 

Archived