Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Maxman

Why did Holder get the win and not Green?

Recommended Posts

https://www.mlb.com/gameday/padres-vs-yankees/2019/05/29/567486#game_state=final,lock_state=final,game_tab=box,game=567486

What am I missing? The starter Paxton went 4 innings. He isn't eligible for the Win. 

Green pitched the 5th. The Yankees were winning. The Yankees never surrendered the lead. Why didn't Green get the win?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Maxman said:

https://www.mlb.com/gameday/padres-vs-yankees/2019/05/29/567486#game_state=final,lock_state=final,game_tab=box,game=567486

What am I missing? The starter Paxton went 4 innings. He isn't eligible for the Win. 

Green pitched the 5th. The Yankees were winning. The Yankees never surrendered the lead. Why didn't Green get the win?

Double, sorry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Scott Dierking said:

If the starter does not go 5, then it is an "official scorer's judgement" who gets the W

Thank You!

Just so weird because with a big lead I thought they would go with the guy that pitched the 5th and call it a day. I guess the scorer said none of you guys did all that much. So we will give it to the guy that pitched two innings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it's hilarious that Paxton pitched 4 innings and he's ineligible, but if the Yankees did the opener with Green again and Paxton did 4 innings he'd be the pretty no-brainer favorite for the win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Maxman said:

Thank You!

Just so weird because with a big lead I thought they would go with the guy that pitched the 5th and call it a day. I guess the scorer said none of you guys did all that much. So we will give it to the guy that pitched two innings.

It is a wildly inconsistent rule. I have seen pitchers  leave after 4 innings, say with a 4 run lead, and the next pitcher comes in pitches 2 innings, gives up 3 runs and get awarded the win. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

It is a wildly inconsistent rule. I have seen pitchers  leave after 4 innings, say with a 4 run lead, and the next pitcher comes in pitches 2 innings, gives up 3 runs and get awarded the win. 

It is going to happen more and more now that we are in the era of "openers".

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...