NCAA | Hester blazes in the 40

Smizzy

NCAA | Hester blazes in the 40

Sat, 4 Mar 2006 14:42:44 -0800

The Associated Press reports Miami CB Devin Hester ran a stunning time of 4.27 seconds in the 40-yard dash at Miami's timing day for all 32 NFL teams Saturday, March 4. He ran a 4.41 at the Indianapolis combine last month, finishing a disappointing ninth among defensive backs. Switching from an indoor surface to an outdoor field likely helped Hester.

Daaaaayum.

I doubt he ran a 4.2 after previously running a 4.4. Miami's been known to fudge numbers.

Dropping from 4.41 to 4.27 doesn't seem that big of a stretch. Hester has always been a fast guy,and I did expect him to run in the 4.3s at the combine,although you are right about UM and their tinkering with times.

I like "Snrub's" way of thinking

The forty times have always been very questionable, because they aren't timed electronically, they are still timed manually by several people with stop watches and the average is taken. The times go up quite a bit when electronically timed, as in the Olypics. The kid is fast enough.... it's the rest of what he does that is what's important, how fluid he is in the hips, how fast he can backpedal.... the 40 is a very over rated stat line.

Archived