Apathy vs. Anger

4 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Why would anyone be angry about how a team is playing in game 6 of a rebuilding year where owner, gm and coaches have agreed upon that winning is not the goal.

Thats your fault for not understanding what is going on here.

I forgot.

Playoffs baby.

5 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I watched about 10 minutes of yesterday's game. It was enough to see the team was woefully unprepared and outmatched by a legitimately bad Patriot team.

Several people I know texted me to ask me my thoughts. I told them I didn't watch. They were shocked -- I'm the biggest Jets fan everyone who knows me has met.

But after a decade of sucking and various regime changes I've really reached the point where this team isn't worth my time. It simply is not worth 3.5 hours of your weekend afternoon -- prime hours for those of us who work long hours during the week -- to watch this team suck.

I sold myself on the idea that a new coach, new OC, and new QB would have the team looking different this year, but this team is as bad as ever. The QB looks like a bust, the OC looks completely over his head and the HC has said nothing to make you think he knows how to right the ship. And on some level it makes me mad... On some it makes me sad. 

But moreso, I find myself being overcome with apathy. Like, why care about this? It has no impact on my life at all and as time goes on I become numb to it. Yesterday I did some chores -- raked the leaves, cleaned the gutters, did some laundry. I relaxed, read a bit, and watched some Seinfeld reruns on Netflix.

Anyone else getting to this point? I'll never not be a Jets fan. But I think the days of investing time and money into this team are going by the wayside. I don't know if getting older, maturing a getting new priorities has changed me (my wife and I are expecting our first child later this week) but more and more I just can't find the energy to give a sh*t.

Felt this in my soul. Still trying to categorize my feelings, but I know they're practically all negative. Well written 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, undertow said:

I think a lot of people are feeling the same way between Adam Gase and the pandemic people are less invested and finding more enjoyable things to do.  I still enjoy Sunday football festivities but I'm mostly watching Redzone and placing a few wagers. The Jets are a afterthought. 

Last season I moved to this method of watching football on sundays, and honestly, it's only helped my mental health. Except if i lose all my wagers that day ?

• Haha 1