Troy Anderson - OLB

BCJet

Our defense clearly needs help at OLB and an influx of speed would be a huge help.  Troy Anderson just built on an excellent combine by crushing the speed and agility drills at his pro day all at 6'3 240.

He ran a sub 4.50 40 at the combine and followed that up with 3.99 seconds in the 20-yard shuttle and 6.72 in the three-cone drill which would’ve been the fastest  among linebackers who did those events at the combine.

Great leadership qualities and is also new to LB as he started his career at QB and RB.  

Likely will be a 3rd round pick which shows the depth of this LB class.  Seems like he could add much needed speed to the defense and possibly fill a big hole in the defense without using one of our top 4 picks.

https://www.coastalbreezenews.com/sports/national/troy-andersen-uses-montana-states-pro-day-to-once-again-showcase-nfl-ability/article_056728ba-f5d7-50d2-9404-dd751a13f2fc.html

https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/Troy-Andersen-RB-MontanaState

• Upvote 1

No doubt at all we could stand to add a day 2 prospect at LB.  It's a very thin unit right now.  Once you get past Mosley and QW2 you're into guys we've barely even see play.  Nasirildeen, Sherwood, Phillips?  I could see a Day 2 pick and another Day 3 pick absolutely.

Muma and Harris are the biggest names after the Day 1 guys (Lloyd and Dean).  I would love either of them in round 2.  Then there are probably nearly a dozen guys that look promising.  I have no way to distinguish which would fit best here but overall, I think we need one LB by round 3 at the latest, and a second one by round 5.   

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, KRL said:

Andersen's speed at the Combine was shocking, he would definitely fit as a run & hit OLB

He will probably grade out near elite in football character as well.  Essentially played both ways and special teams.