The Jets Actions Speak Louder Than Words

YJF

Even though, The Jets New Regime is very secretive. Their actions tell the story of what direction, They are headed in especially when looking at The QB situation.

DAUNTE CULPEPPER

-The Jets made no attempt to even call Minnesota and ask for Culpepper's availability. Money was an issue and Culpepper's health was an issue. The Jets, a team supposedly desperate for a QB. Made no calls to even inquire about him.

DREW BREES

-The Jets despite having nearly 14 million dollars in cap room and despite having Drew's QB coach here in Brian Schottenheimer at offensive coordinator. The Jets made no attempt to even call Brees in for a visit. Money was an issue and Drew's shoulder was an issue.

The rest of the players on the market are backup types with the ability and experience to start. None of these guys available are premiere starters.

JON KITNA

-He came into a visit and The Jets had interest. They laid out what role The 34 year old QB would play on The Jets and what kind of money, they were willing to give him. The media has spun it that The Jets lost out on him but how can you lose out on a player when you don't even make an offer or bid on him.

JOSH MCCOWN

-The Jets showed minimal interest if that in Josh McCown. No contract offers, not even a visit scheduled.

The Jets actions are speaking louder than words right now. They are looking for a potential starter/#2 QB on the market but they are not looking for a franchise signal caller. If they thought that there was one on the market, They would have made the push for one but Brees and Culpepper were out there and The Jets made no attempt.

What does that tell you?... They have someone in mind in the draft that will be the teams franchise QB.

I think they have interest in giving that role to Matt Schaub but only on their terms.

What does that tell you?... They have someone in mind in the draft that will be the teams franchise QB.

I think they have interest in giving that role to Matt Schaub but only on their terms.

yup,,,cutler or croyle if they dont get schaub

Good analysis YJF, however you can extend that thought to basically

every FA since FA started a week or so ago.

To my knowledge they didn't contact any of the big names that were

out there and the few signing they did make were of mid level

guys. Kemo got somebig bucks but he fills a need that they feel

they need right away.

Even the guys that KFFL are reporting that are visiting the Jets

are not big names.

What I think it shows and this has been talked about before is that

they are going to build this team on draft picks and mid level FAs.

Whether they will be successful of course remains to be seen.

Archived