Titans | Team to meet with Cutler March 20

Smizzy

Titans | Team to meet with Cutler March 20

Sun, 19 Mar 2006 22:32:24 -0800

The Nashville City Paper reports the Tennessee Titans will meet with Vanderbilt QB Jay Cutler Monday, March 20. He will spend the entire day with the Titans coaches and staff in a get-to-know interview where the sides can get together and talk football and further evaluate Cutler. The main question regarding the Titans and Cutler is whether or not they value him the same way many suspect they do USC QB Matt Leinart or Texas QB Vince Young in that No. 3 draft spot. General manager Floyd Reese said: "I think it depends on which club you talk to. There are 32 clubs, and I think they all have different ideas. But I can't imagine too many quarterbacks performing better than he did (Friday at his Pro Day)."

What do you think?

JC has all the tools to succeed at the NFL level. His only ?'s have been his propensity to force throws, ie decision making, garnering for him a cavalier or gunslinger perception.

Tennessee would seem to be an ideal fit for either ML {Chow} or Cutler {played college ball in Tennessee}.

Cutler could easily be seen through Carson-Palmer-tinted glasses, when projecting his potential playing style into the pros.

But he couls also be seen as Ryan Leaf or Kyle Boller.

That is what it seems like the Titans need to figure out for themselves.

They would be content with either QB. Likely, it will be JC being that #2 will be Leinart via NO or trade. That will leave TN with JC at 3.

Might as well get to know the boy from next door...

Otherwise, I don't read too much into this.

Hard to read their mindset, but from Floyd Reese to Norm Chow, and Jeff Fisher, they have been heaping praise on Cutler. I don't think they waste a day on attempting to decoy themselves here... at the third spot, what does it but them?

I think there are key players amoung the decision makers at Tenessee that are pushing for Cutler, and this is something they will do in an effort to get a concensus opinion on him, one way or the other.

I think there is a chance they go Cutler even if Leinart is there at 3.

I think it's a smoke screen...how often does an NFL team get a chance to bring in the #1 QB prospect in the draft and eliminate the time it will take him to learn the offense?

This is a blatant attempt to drive up the value of the Titans pick in the hope that someone panics and tries to move up to grab Cutler. Good move on the Titans part as the draft jockeying is all about bluffing at this point.

thats what I was thinking.

Archived