Vinatieri allegedly signs with the Colts

Alk

ha...vinnaterri was average this year, so yea it's not a big a loss as us jets fans are making it out to be but you still lost a cog in the famed patriot mystique. Losing them one by one, this cannot be brushed off. Players can't be duplicated like clones.

ha...vinnaterri was average this year, so yea it's not a big a loss as us jets fans are making it out to be but you still lost a cog in the famed patriot mystique. Losing them one by one, this cannot be brushed off. Players can't be duplicated like clones.

Name the last kick that Vinatieri missed in a game winning situation.

I don't know if I can recall one. Our Pat fans will certainly know better, but I honestly can't recall that.

To have that type of insurance sitting on the bench and in your pocket is pretty valuable

Pats versus Kansas City in 1999.

Pats down 16-14 with :02 left and AV lines up for the game-winning 29-yarder.

He pulls it left and clanks it off the left upright.

I WAS THERE!! I was even fortunate enough to be sitting in the exact same endzone that he was kicking into. You just had to bring back those memories didn't you? That was to date the only time I have seen the Patriots play in person.

I WAS THERE!! I was even fortunate enough to be sitting in the exact same endzone that he was kicking into. You just had to bring back those memories didn't you? That was to date the only time I have seen the Patriots play in person.

Sorry about that Husker.

Now that you mention attending games.

When the Pats played the Texans down here in 2003, the game was tied 20-20 and AV lined up for the game-winning 34-yarder with :05 left.

The Texans blocked the kick but AV hit one in OT and the Pats pulled out the win.

I was in Houston for that game too, TX. Reliant Stadium is beautiful. After the game, as we were all headimg out of the stadium, I had a woman say, "you guys don't impress me - we all won't be seeing you back here for the Superbowl," as she walked by. I responded, "maybe so - but you have more pressing issues. Dear God, are there any dentists in Texas?!"

Local reports have Vanderjerk visiting on Friday. If they sign him, I'm going to puke. I'd rather have Doug Flutie kicking - now that's saying something! :eek:

I was in Houston for that game too, TX. Reliant Stadium is beautiful. Had a woman say, "you guys don't impress me - we all won't be seeing you back here for the Superbowl," as she walked by. I responded, "maybe so - but you have more pressing issues. Dear God, are there any dentists in Texas?!"

Garb, do you remember how loud that stadium got when the Texans blocked that kick? I've been in some loud stadiums, but that one play takes the cake for loudness.

BTW, if Andre Johnson comes down with that ball in OT, the Pats lose that game. You just gotta make that catch.

VERY loud. I wish I was there for the SB. Honestly though - the Pats/Panthers game in Charlotte this year was a wee bit louder. Maybe it's because the Panthers fans HATE the Patriots.

Anyway, I had endzone seats at Reliant- middle section. Somehow I managed to go in the wrong way and had to cut through the VIP section. Very nice! Bought myself a margarita and contemplated staying there......but nooooooo, I just had to do the right thing. :rolleyes:

Besides the Jets (although I did not make it last year) I try to catch one road game a year. Some intriguing possibilities....when does the damn schedule come out? LOL!

Archived