Vinatieri allegedly signs with the Colts

Alk

WEEI in Boston reports that Adam Vinatieri will sign with the Colts.

The station is very confident the deal is done, but it's worth noting that no national news source will confirm it. It's also interesting that Vinatieri reportedly just changed agents and ESPN's Len Pasquarelli notes a player can't sign a contract within five days of changing agents. If that's the case, Vinatieri has a verbal deal in place at the most. Mar. 21 - 5:56 pm et

Damage control...damage control

If he was a critical part of our offense or defense it would be damage control. There is a short list of Patriots that I feel we absolutely can't live without. Vinatieri was not on that list.

Dude, the Pats build through the draft, not by over-spending on FA's.

The Jets should try that approach, it's worked pretty well over the last 5 years.;)

Sorry man, I've been reading yer schtick for some time now.... and the other foot is coming down.... on the Pattsies. I don't expect them to be active signing high profile FA's, but i have to say.... when Billy Cundif shanks one from the 38 with 3 seconds left down by two..... I'll be laffin my ass off!:character42::yahoo:

Good signing by the Colts - depending on the money. They get rid of Vanderjerk, who is as un-clutch as they come and has a diarreah of the mouth problem.

Good move by Vinatieri - his kick-off's will boom in a dome, he will have more longevity and pad his FG point totals that will eventually, hopefully, lead to an HOF induction.

That said, if Vanderjerk is the Pats new Kicker, I'll scream.

Alrighty, Pats need two wide-outs and a kicker now. I hear that Nate Burleson can be had for a third or fourth rounder. I hear that Moulds wants out of Buffalo badly. Give Mamma some sugar, BB! :lol:

If he was a critical part of our offense or defense it would be damage control. There is a short list of Patriots that I feel we absolutely can't live without. Vinatieri was not on that list.

Pats fans need to look no further than Doug Brien to know how important a kicker is. Let alone a HOF kicker who won 3 superbowls 2 with his leg.

Adam V >>> Paul Edinger and it's not even close. Oh and ShankMaster Vanderjagt does well under pressure too.

Good luck.

Pats fans need to look no further than Doug Brien to know how important a kicker is. Let alone a HOF kicker who won 3 superbowls 2 with his leg.

Adam V >>> Paul Edinger and it's not even close. Oh and ShankMaster Vanderjagt does well under pressure too.

Good luck.

You're looking in the past. Isn't that the Jets fan battle cry? "Don't live in the past!!" Well, he was pretty average this season and the money he was asking was flat out ridiculous. I won't miss him or his new found ego. And oh yeah, I've been saying this for two years now. No way Vinatieri goes to the HOF.

I was with some Pats fans lastnight when they heard the news. None of them were happy. Vinateri was the Pats. He misses that kick against the Rams then they don't win the first SB. How can they let this guy go?! Was he really going to break the bank THAT much??

How can they let this guy go?! Was he really going to break the bank THAT much??

Because that was 5 years ago? We don't pay players for what they did in the past like some teams. *cough* Curtis Martin *cough*

You mention that in the same thread that the Corey Dillon deal was mentioned?

We also gave him that extension after he had a career year and was nearly won the rushing title. Not 5 years after the fact which would have been the case with Vinatieri.

Wow, the guy gets you into and wins Super Bowls for you and now it is "no big loss".

I am getting dizzy with all of the spin.

BZ

Again, that was 5 years ago. If you watched him at all this season you would know he was no better than ordinary. Definately not worth $3 million per.

No spin here - the loss stinks! There are more accurate kickers out there and there are a plethora of kickers that kick off better than Adam can - but can anyone here (holla, Pats fans!) say there is a more clutch kicker? Nope.

BB and Pioli must beleive that Adam is entering his decline - the only explanation. I hope they are right.

We also gave him that extension after he had a career year and was nearly won the rushing title. Not 5 years after the fact which would have been the case with Vinatieri.

Key word is AFTER ......there was no reason to extend Dillon when he still had a year left on his contract. None.

No spin here - the loss stinks! There are more accurate kickers out there and there are a plethora of kickers that kick off better than Adam can - but can anyone here (holla, Pats fans!) say there is a more clutch kicker? Nope.

BB and Pioli must beleive that Adam is entering his decline - the only explanation. I hope they are right.

Most clutch kicker in NFL that I ever saw.

with that said, it is not for me to contemplate the money decision, I can understand that.

But, please don't tell me that any kicker will be able to fill his shoes, as others have intimated here.

Most clutch kicker in NFL that I ever saw.

with that said, it is not for me to contemplate the money decision, I can understand that.

But, please don't tell me that any kicker will be able to fill his shoes, as others have intimated here.

It's possible that another kicker can perform the magic that Adam has, but it isn't likely.

Indy is a good place for Adam. It's a dome = longevity and air beneath his kick offs. They score a lot of points = pad his point totals.

My sinister side hopes that the loss of Edgerin James results in a sub-par year. :disgust:

This is what I fear:

Pats sign Vanderjerk (wtf?!) - Pats play Indy in playoff's - game on the line - FG wins it - who do I trust? Adam or Vanderchokesintheplayoffs? Ugh!

Archived