Eagles | Runyan took less money to stay

Smizzy

Eagles | Runyan took less money to stay

Fri, 24 Mar 2006 18:01:25 -0800

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports OT Jon Runyan accepted the Philadelphia Eagles three-year, $12.5 million contract to re-sign with the Eagles. The New York Jets were actually willing to pay Runyan double the money in the first year of the contract and millions more over the life of it. Runyan couldn't leave the Philadelphia market in which he felt so comfortable. The Jets tried very hard to get Runyan to sign, but in the end they could not get the deal closed.

Looks like he wasnt' after the cash after all. Good for John Runyan.

Absolutely...Sure it sucks he didn't sign here...but I can't be mad at the guy.

Same here. Can't have any hatred for a guy who takes less money to stay with the team who drafted him. That's loyalty and I love it when it's shown.

But, another interesting option is that he signed with the Eagles for 3 years-$12.5 million...just how much were we willing to give him? 3 years-$18?

Same here. Can't have any hatred for a guy who takes less money to stay with the team who drafted him. That's loyalty and I love it when it's shown.

But, another interesting option is that he signed with the Eagles for 3 years-$12.5 million...just how much were we willing to give him? 3 years-$18?

The Eagles did not draft Runyan, he was a FA for them.

His reasoning was pretty simple-His family was going to stay in South Jersey, no matter where he played and he wanted to be close to them.

This was the most obvious FA move of the off-season

Runyon did it basically to be close to his family. Was Kimo in the

same situation with Pitt???

Also I think KImo was a great addition to the team.

Not sure. He'll definately be missed by us Steelers fans though. Brett Keisel re-signed so he'll be the heir apparent. It'll be interesting to see who else we bring in.

Archived