Pfsikh

Brenjetsfan

A while back Max had a thread for anyone wishing to send a card to Pfsikh aka DAVE over seas....Well I just received this card an wanted to share it with all of you.

Bren,

This card serves a dual purpose. I just realized the other day that I am almost halfway through my deployment and have not sent any thank you letters. So, thank you for the care package. Everything went to good use. I think the sun block will be very useful in two months when the average day time temperature is like 110. I saw your boy Kevin was cut. Of course it looks like Mangini is signing up every patriots scrap to make the JETS better. I wish I could be online the day Troy Brown signs. Garb is going to be off the HOOK!

Thanks again for the package. Say HI to everyone, my new job does not allow too much play time. Take Care

Dave or PFSIKH

What a great guy. Good luck Dave, be safe.

Dave is the man. I said it last time but talk about multitasking. He is serving this great country of our in IRAQ and he finds time to tell us how much the Jets and Yankees suck.

He can do it all! Thanks again Dave. God bless.

P.S. if anyone wants to send Dave a care package let me know and I will give you his address! Thanks.

OPERATION THIS PLACE SUCKS.

:D

I got a post card, too.

Max, re-post the mailing address. He's going to be over there a few more months. ;)

Yeah man, like I planned on doing that. I only worded it that way in my 1st post so I could buy a little time (I can't find it, lol).

Thought this might help too.

Here are some Care Package Ideas for you all to use. Those of you who are veterans here, feel free to chime in if I've forgotten something.

Before I list some ideas, here are some things to remember about your care packages:

1. They are going to get the living crap beat out of them on the way over, so nothing breakable. A regular cardboard box is fine, just make sure you secure the seams with tape.

2. Don't send Beer/Booze or other alcoholic beverages/items. As much as Dave would appreciate it, the infamous "General Order Number One" prohibits alcohol of any kind and if he was caught with it he'd be in trouble.

3. I'm almost positive that "Gentelmen's Magazines" :lol: are probibited there due to the nature of their surroundings. (Islamic/Arab Culture). Now I'm not saying they wouldn't have a place over there, believe me they do, but should you send them, be discreet about it. Put em in a large manila envelope or something.

4. Anything that would be illegal here, is illegal there.

5. Nothing perishable. If you're going to send 'home made' cookies, make sure to put them in a tin an seal it. Anything else doesn't stand much of a chance of surviving the trip and the heat.

6) Send your items priority mail - trust me

Now that that crap is out of the way, here are some ideas for what to put in care packages. Remember when you pack these, that receiving a package when deployed is like Christmas Morning so don't stress about what you send. He'll appreciate anything. (* = Guarenteed Winners)

1) Hot Sauces, Spices, Salts, Seasonings - (small sizes for adding to MREs)

2) *POWDERED(pre-sweetened) Gatorade/Kool-Aid/Lemonade,Etc - They can add it directly to their bottled water over there.

3) Bagged Tortilla Chips/Plastic jug of Salsa

4) Slim Jims, Cheese & Crackers. Cheez Wiz, Ritz Crackers, etc.

5) *Home Made Cookies (put a piece of bread inside container to keep fresh)

6) *Oreos, Chips Ahoy, etc

7) *Candies - M&Ms, Reeses Pieces, hard candies, (Nothing that will melt, i.e. snickers bars, etc)

8) Little Debbie Snacks, brownies, etc.

9) Licorice, jerkey, gum, trail mix, peanuts

10) *Pop Tarts

11) Just add water soup mixes

12) Microwave popcorn

13) **DVDs of current TV shows, TV movies, sporting events or recent DVD movie releases- like Patriots games. All you get there is armed forces network so seeing stuff from back him, including commercials, is always nice. Most of them have access to a DVD player, if not their own. If you have a DVD burner at home, throw some shows or whatever on there.

14) **Magazines - ESPN, SI, Maxim, Stuff, FHM, etc. Grab all the old mags lying in your magazine rack for a year and send them.

15) **Newspapers - National stuff, USA Today, etc. Same thing - 2 weeks old doesn't matter there.

16) **Burn CDs of current music. I'm not sure what his favorite genre is but burn something and send it over.

17) ** A&D Ointment, Hand Lotions like moisturizers, Chapstick, SUN BLOCK, HAND SANITIZER lotion

17) Shampoo, Conditioner, Deodorant sticks, mouth wash, toothpaste, FOOT POWDER.

18) Room deodorizers/air fresheners

19) Playing cards, games, etc.

20) ***** WORLD WIDE PHONE CARDS - This one his huge. You can find them anywhere, at any druge store of shopping center. Long Distance phone cards for calls back home are huge. I hear AT&T phone cards work the best

21) Letters saying hello and thanks. Maybe a drawing from your kid(s).

I think you get the idea. You're looking for small items, food stuffs, hygiene items that ship well and will come in handy. Whatever you can send will be appreciated I'm sure.

Props to Maxman for organizing this.

I found this in the original thread!

Anyone who wants to can send him a care package:

SSG David M. Jenkins

HHC, 1-502 IN/2 BCT/101AA

(FOB Lutafiyah - MITT)

APO AE 09398

thanks JFBM!!! it is obvious who is the brains in your family! ;)

Yea I'm in the Army too, still homeside currently.

Just to add to the long list...lots of baby wipes, and what he said about gentleman's magazines is true. You can't even send movies over that have nudity (or it is highly frowned upon). From what my buddies and my brother said when he was over there (he came back a few months ago) was little travel games and cd's/dvd's were the best, and him being a huge mets fan...loved anything we can pull up even online articles or posts from mets fan sites (although we would have to filter the stuff on here to make sure that out of the thousands of posts we could find the 20 posts that actually have some intelligent thought) I'll be thinking about anything else and will add it as I go

thanks JFBM!!! it is obvious who is the brains in your family! ;)

Awesome. Way to hijack another thread. Yeah sports threads, Lounge threads...we know they are not safe.

But way to turn a thread about a Great American into your launching ground for failed jokes.

Dave, I got your PM. Not to worry I will make sure this thread doesn't go too far off topic. You are doing a great thing over there. Keep up the good work. And your concerns here have been noted and will be dealt with privately.

Awesome. Way to hijack another thread. Yeah sports threads, Lounge threads...we know they are not safe.

But way to turn a thread about a Great American into your launching ground for failed jokes.

Dave, I got your PM. Not to worry I will make sure this thread doesn't go too far off topic. You are doing a great thing over there. Keep up the good work. And your concerns here have been noted and will be dealt with privately.

OOOoooo big weblord ..flexing his non-existent muscles :roll:

Dave knows i am have the greatest respect for what he is doing and that i hope he is soon home safely to his family.

Thanks Garb!!!

I could use a month there. :) I love the shore.

...Girls only rejuvenation trip?....organize ladies!!

Back to the subject at hand....God Bless you Dave. I pray that you remain safe as well as every other soldier there. I hope you get home soon and I thank you for all that you do for this country and for me everyday. God Bless you...:)

Thanks for the kind thoughts everyone.

We now have an intenet cafe, so I can screw around more on my downtime.

Max's better half's list is a good start point for me or any soldier.

Another good thing to send is ear plugs.

hey PFSIKH, do you have any MP's from the AF attached to your unit? We are the ones wearing blue barret's. Let me know, I might deploy there and we can throw a JN party...just the two of us and rule the middle east....good luck bro

Yup. The yellow squishy ones. You squish 'em and stick 'em in your ears.

I was a Medical Corpsman on the firing range at Camp Lejeune, for those Jarheads.;)

The Management

(aka: me, myself, and I)

Don't you have anything better to do? Like tell us about your brutal workouts? Or draw pictures of yourself?

I am going to start calling you Jessica Rabbit.

Don't you have anything better to do? Like tell us about your brutal workouts? Or draw pictures of yourself?

I am going to start calling you Jessica Rabbit.

Yeah, but it was a good picture Max.

vinny No. I am on the southern tip of "The Triangle of Death!!!" *insert spookie music*

I am in a Infantry unit co-located with the Iraqi Army. I know, by reading the Stars and Stripes the SPs are closer to Baghdad.

Now that is one of the funniest posts I have ever read on here.

Verde, too bad only 10% of the posters will get it.

Tx,

I agree with everything you just said. And you know what it has made me realize? If I am getting owned by Verde of all people, it is time for me to hang them up. Seriously I just can't do it anymore. My skills have diminished to a point that has me no longer helping my team. In other words:

When you get what you want in your struggle for Self

And the world makes you king for a day

Just go to the mirror and look at yourself

And see what "the man" has to say

For it isn't your parents, your children, or wife

Whose judgment upon you must pass

The Fellow whose verdict counts most in your life

Is the one staring back from the Glass

Some people may think you a straight-shooting chum

And call you a wonderful guy

But the Man in the Glass says you're only a bum

If you can't look him straight in the eye