My New 4 RD Mock

Green Jets & Ham

One of the very few BIG 34 DE's in this draft ... 6' 4"/280

There aren't but a handful of legit 34 DE's in this class, PFT, which is not unlike most classes ... very tough to find true DE's who have the size to play that position in the 34 ... usually you have to draft DT's and make them DE's, but Jenkins is a true DE who has the size to play DE in the 34

I think we will look to address the 3-4 end position (one of the toughest to fill). I have thought that we may go after Rod Wright for that roll. I noticed you bypassed him in your draft, any thought of Mr. Wright as a Jet?

Be nice, fellas ... fire away, no need to hold back, just don't curse me out :eek:

http://www.draftdaddy.com/MD/GJH_Mock.cfm

PS. The idea I had in mind following RD 4 was to select QB Ingle Martin or Erik Meyer in RD 5

I would take Haloti Ngata over Mario Williams at #4. If we have two massive, athletic DT's (Robertson and Ngata) we have a serious shot at having an excellent or even dominant defense. Who is going to run up the middle against 2 talented 300 lbers like Robertson and Ngata?

Like Lendale at #29. Even Jim Rome, Mr. Negative Whiny Complainer Himself, admits Lendale White could be a great nfl player. This after the pro day. I could care less what Lendale does in April, let me see what he does September through December.

Leonard Pope falling to #45? A lot of mock drafts have that guy as a top 20 pick and I can see why, he may be the next Shannon Sharpe. Pope is 6'8, 260 lbs and runs a a 4.6 40. Who is going to cover this guy? If he is available at #29 or #35 we have to get him.

Wish list: Ngata, White, Pope, Whitworth or McNeill. Dreams can happen.

Ron Dayne was dominant in college too. College dominance does not always translate into NFL success. You can have your fat, lazy running back that coasts by, I'll take someone else.

As for the Jackson pick, I love it. Maryland runs a 3-4, so he's already been in the system his entire career.

As for the Jackson pick, I love it. Maryland runs a 3-4, so he's already been in the system his entire career.

Second those emotions on the Jackson pick. Especially if we go offense in the first. Here's a question if both Carpenter and Jackson are there at 35, which one do you take?

Archived