My New 4 RD Mock

Green Jets & Ham

EricBarton likes your draft a LOT.

I don't want Mario Williams, as I think he would be useless in the 3-4, but if the draft falls like that, and I really do think it will if there are no trades, I would rather draft Cutler. I understand this is a prediction, because you would do the exact same thing as me if the board were to fall like that.

As for LenDale White, it wouldn't surprise me if he drops much further than that. I would not touch him after the events of the past month or so. There's a fine line between Christian Okoye and Ron Dayne.

Also, good job with the Saints pick. Mario Williams makes zero sense at all for them. If they can't trade out, they will take Brick.

If the first three picks fell that way, I'd trade down. Someone like the Broncos will be hot for Mario Williams. I don't think he'll fit the new system that well and wouldn't mind the pick but I wouldn't be all for it.

LenDale White is a waste of a pick. Why carry four running backs? No one was impressed with his pro day and I don't think we necessarily need a RB at all in this draft.

Why wait until the end of the third round to address the offensive line situation, which just so happens to be the worst collective unit on our team? That doesn't make sense.

And if we take a WR in the third round and Maurice Stovall is still there you can bet dollars to donuts we'd take him.

I applaud the effort, but any Jet fan would be left shaking their head at the outcome.

I like it a lot Ham. Lendale White scares me a bit because I do not remember a player that performed so well the season before getting so lazy between then and the draft. But you are right you can not ignore his performance during the regular season.

I like it a lot Ham. Lendale White scares me a bit because I do not remember a player that performed so well the season before getting so lazy between then and the draft. But you are right you can not ignore his performance during the regular season.

THANK YOU, I was beginning to think the whole world had gone mad

Frankly this talk of removing LenDale White from draft boards is the height of folly ... it's taking the whole draft evaluation process to the absolute extreme ... and you deserve to lose an outstanding player if you are that petty and that foolish

I'm not saying he shouldn't slide a bit, of course he should, that's the price he'll have to pay for spending too many days at the buffet table this off season, but he's still a DOMINANT PLAYER and to lose site of that is pure folly

Here's what I wrote in another thread

Okay, so let me get this straight

LenDale White had one too many pizza pies this off season and now we're supposed to forget, or pretend, or a little bit of both, that he was never a DOMINANT PLAYER on the field, on Gameday?

Now I follow the off season workouts as close as the next guy, actually closer than most, and I understand the importance of that element in the evaluation process ... been studying the draft for eons ... but when exactly did ACTUAL PERFORMANCE stop counting for anything at all?

I mean this is nutty ... folks talkin about removing LenDale from their board because he didn't run the forty and put on ten pounds in the off season, despite a DOMINANT SEASON in 2005 ... Just plain nutty

But hey, I Guess I missed the memo

Yeah okay, you remove LenDale White from your board ... as for me, I'd be looking to steal him at 29 or 35 if enough teams follow that sage advice

People need to get real ... take a deep breath and use your noodles ... the kid is not a criminal or a thug, he wasn't arrested for indecent exposure or smokin crack, he's simply a big kid who ate too much, put on some excess weight, and chose not to run a forty {and maybe his hamstring really is sore, ever consider that possibility?} ... but he's still the same guy who was kickin @$$ and takin names on a weekly basis at USC

Got to agree. I would have serious doubts about the Jets not addressing OT until round four, considering they only have one & he's not that good anyway. With almost 3 first-round picks and their OL being such a huge hole, how do they pass on all of the top 15 or so OLmen in the draft?

White doesn't seem to be the type of guy Mangini would take, as much of a steal as he'd seem to be at #29. He's exactly the opposite of what Mangini says he's been looking for from the neck up.

No way the Jets touching D'Qwell at #35, for all his talent, seeing as we already have one shrimpy ILB. Doesn't make sense to pass on an every-down (for the next decade) mammoth OG like Jean-Gilles (just the type of OG that would flatten D'Qwell on his ass) or an every-down OLB (Howard) in favor of a part-time player (who's on the field only when we're in a 3-4). An OLB would make more sense & move Hobson back inside for 3-4 formations.

But Ham, as always, it's easier to critique someone else's job than actually do the job oneself.

BTW, everyone raves about Vince Young's performance in the Rose Bowl, and rightfully so, he was the best player on the field that nite, and that game was loaded with blue chippers

But Guess who the second best player on the field was that nite?

Anyone?

Anyone?

Times up ...

Reggie Bush? NOPE

LENDALE WHITE!!

The Texas HC and Players even said he was unstoppable!!

And we're supposed to do "WHAT" about that ... completely forget about that because he put on ten pounds and didn't run a forty at his pro day?

GJ&H.

Not a bad mock. in fact, it is one of the few that makes sense for most teams. But I have a hard time believing the Jets will not take a massive O. Lineman with 1 of their top 3 picks. SO Jean-Gilles is the guy at #29, IMO, based on your mock.

I could see them grabbing White at #35, if he's there. But I think he is gone well before we get a shot at him anyway. And in that senario, I think we grab Howard at #35 instead, like Sperm said.

BTW, everyone raves about Vince Young's performance in the Rose Bowl, and rightfully so, he was the best player on the field that nite, and that game was loaded with blue chippers

But Guess who the second best player on the field was that nite?

Anyone?

Anyone?

Times up ...

Reggie Bush? NOPE

LENDALE WHITE!!

The Texas HC and Players even said he was unstoppable!!

And we're supposed to do "WHAT" about that ... completely forget about that because he put on ten pounds and didn't run a forty at his pro day?

Hammer, meet nail, nail hammer.;)

He was by far the second best player on the field that night, best RB for sure. Bush kind of um . . . sh!t the bed that night while Lendale just went out and hurt people. And remember, our own Curtis says he's the real deal, that carries a lot of weight with me.

GJ&H.

And in that senario, I think we grab Howard at #35 instead, like Sperm said.

GOOD CALL, SPERM ... I'm Gonna make that swap

You Guys are right, Howard makes more sense than Jackson in that spot

So I'm swapping Jackson and Howard ... Howard to the Jets at 35 and Jackson to the Packers at 36

Ham that is your best mock draft thus far.

DE Mario Williams

RB LenDale White

LB D'Qwell Jackson

WR Demetrius Williams

C Chris Chester

OT Paul McQuistan

NT LeKevin Smith

That's the picks if nobody wants to bother with the link and this is my only comment Ham:

I love this draft...IF...

At 4, Brick is off the board and at 29 if McNeil and Winston are off the board.

I'd like an OT in Day 1 but maybe there's something you know that we all don't know Mr.DraftGuru.

EDIT ALERT

Stonehands is right {Good Call, Stone}, we do need bigger linebackers for the 34, and Sperm is right {Good Call, SE} about Howard being a better fit {BIGGER and FASTER}

I PM'ed Riggo and Bitonti about this edit, Just waiting for them to make the switch

I now have Howard to the Jets at 35 and Jackson to the Packers at 36

JETS PICKS

=========

1. DE Mario Williams

1. RB LenDale White

2. OLB Thomas Howard

3. WR Demetrius Williams

3. C/G Chris Chester

4. OT Paul McQuistan

4. NT LeKevin Smith

In the 5th RD I take QB Ingle Martin or Erik Meyer

Ham, with all the negative press about Lendale "super size" white do you think there is any chance he would fall to pick 35? If possible then it could be:

Mario Williams

Nick Mangold

Lendale White

Gerris Wilkerson

Joe Toledo

Martin nance

Brodie Croyle

What do you think?

Ham that is your best mock draft thus far.

DE Mario Williams

RB LenDale White

LB D'Qwell Jackson

WR Demetrius Williams

C Chris Chester

OT Paul McQuistan

NT LeKevin Smith

That's the picks if nobody wants to bother with the link and this is my only comment Ham:

I love this draft...IF...

At 4, Brick is off the board and at 29 if McNeil and Winston are off the board.

I'd like an OT in Day 1 but maybe there's something you know that we all don't know Mr.DraftGuru.

Thanks JFIS, only change is Howard at 35, but I love this mock for the Jets as well ... it's my favorite too ... and don't sleep on that OT I snatched in the 4th RD, Paul McQuistan, that kid may be the most dominant small school sleeper in the draft {LEFT TACKLE} and we'd be lucky if he's still on the board that late

Chris Chetser, the C/G, also has a huge upsdie ... that kid can be a steal in RD 3 as well

If a trade agreement is not reached with the Packers reguarding Javon Walker, i look for the Steelers to draft a WR well before the 4th round. ILB is still a concern as well. I really like the Mangold pick but wouldn't be shocked if best available ILB or WR isn't tken in 1 by us. We have a history of making seemingly mystery picks at times.

I don't get involved with responding to these mock drafts because I

don't know enough to comment. However I applaud those who take

the time like Ham to come up with these mocks to the enjoyment

of the guys on the board. Also impressed with the fact that ham

based on suggestions from some guys changed his mind on some players.

I know people who would go to the grave and wouldn't change. LOL

Also I think this is the first time that I saw someone on the board

mention Ingle Martin. I think he graded out with the strongest arm

at the combine.

I don't get involved with responding to these mock drafts because I

don't know enough to comment. However I applaud those who take

the time like Ham to come up with these mocks to the enjoyment

of the guys on the board. Also impressed with the fact that ham

based on suggestions from some guys changed his mind on some players.

I know people who would go to the grave and wouldn't change. LOL

Also I think this is the first time that I saw someone on the board

mention Ingle Martin. I think he graded out with the strongest arm

at the combine.

Thanks SFJ

As for the change, no doubt about it, I always keep an open mind, but it has to be a suggestion that I agree with ... one that makes the light-bulb go off ... and that Howard {instead of Jackson} suggestion struck me as 100% correct, so I credit those posters and make the switch ;)

BTW, it's now reflected as such on the mock draft page ... the edit has been made

If I don't take a QB at #4, I wait till the 5th and take a small school sleeper like Ingle Martin or Erik Meyer

Nice job Hammer.:cheers:

Nice to finally see you come to your senses and get off the Cutler bandwagon at #4.

Isn't Martin the guy with a cannon arm?

Nice job Hammer.:cheers:

Nice to finally see you come to your senses and get off the Cutler bandwagon at #4.

Isn't Martin the guy with a cannon arm?

Thanks Tex, but I still love Cutler and would be ecstatic if the Jets draft him

And Yes, Ingle Martin showed off the strongest arm at the combines, even stronger than Cutler's

BTW, how did you like the Patriots picks?

I think the Pats made out like bandits in this mock ... how bout you?

BTW, how did you like the Patriots picks?

I think the Pats made out like bandits in this mock ... how bout you?

No way it would play out that way, but I would love it if it did.:cheers:

I've said all along the Pats need to address RB/LB in the early rounds of this draft.

If Greenway is still there at 21, I'd grab him before Maroney (I'm probably in the minority with Pats fans on that one).

Love the Johathan Scott pick. Watched a bunch of Longhorn games this year and the guy is a complete stud.

Stanley McClover would be a great pick for OLB. I like that one.

As for Julian Jenkins, to be honest, this is the first time I have heard the name.

As for Julian Jenkins, to be honest, this is the first time I have heard the name.

One of the very few BIG 34 DE's in this draft ... 6' 4"/280

There aren't but a handful of legit 34 DE's in this class, PFT, which is not unlike most classes ... very tough to find true DE's who have the size to play that position in the 34 ... usually you have to draft DT's and make them DE's, but Jenkins is a true DE who has the size to play DE in the 34

One of the very few BIG 34 DE's in this draft ... 6' 4"/280

There aren't but a handful of legit 34 DE's in this class, PFT, which is not unlike most classes ... very tough to find true DE's who have the size to play that position in the 34 ... usually you have to draft DT's and make them DE's, but Jenkins is a true DE who has the size to play DE in the 34

Now you got my curiosity peaked Hammer.

I do know there are very, very few 3-4 DE's in any draft.

Time for me to do a little research on Mr. Jenkins.;)

Thanks Hammer.

Ham, great job... really. I think Dallas will look for a true center fielder to play with Williams at safety somewhere early. Williams is their thunder, but they need some lightning back there. That came from a Dallas homer friend of mine, who knows his stuff (and lives in Tx) , and I think he might be right. (He is a pro FF IDP writer too)

I'd be very surprised if Mangini took White. That would go against all of his stated priorities in draft selections. I agree, I still think he'll be good in the NFL, maybe even a real stud.... but I just don't think Mangini will go for a guy who has an admitted work ethic problem. (White was on NFL network when he said that yesterday, I beleive it was)

I also expect an O lineman with one of the Jets first three picks. maybe they wait, like you mocked it out, but I have my doubts.... and concerns about that.

Archived