Jets | V. Green signed, will retire

FoxJet

Didn't Victor Green high step and showboat a 90 yard int vs the Jets in a Pats uniform?

F Victor Green.

Retiring in jerseys and name are for the Kleckos and Namaths of the world.

Let's just bring back Scott Mersereau.

The Jets need to stop wishing they have a tradition and just create one by playing well and making smart moves.

Sorry I had to say that.

Didn't Victor Green high step and showboat a 90 yard int vs the Jets in a Pats uniform?

F Victor Green.

The Jets need to stop wishing they have a tradition and just create one by playing well and making smart moves.

Sorry I had to say that.

Says the guy named Scott Dierking.

Says the guy named Scott Dierking.

I never said "have a parade for me", I want to retire as a Jet.

That whole ritual is hogwash.

I admire the Jets organization playing in the "land of make believe" and wishing they had tradition, but this is pushing the envelope.

The former jet regime should be admonished for ignoring the past tooo much. this one is going overboard.

So Scott would you want anything done for Vinny? Chrebet? Mawae? Martin? and what would consider the achievements for an honor like a halftime ceremony? to me it is better than seeing piece of garbage cover bands. Victor showed alot of heart and passion for the NY Jets... your point about his game against the Jets... wait until the Jets play the Titans and watch Mawaes yap run all day..to me that means nothing..it is what they do while they are here.

So Scott would you want anything done for Vinny? Chrebet? Mawae? Martin? and what would consider the achievements for an honor like a halftime ceremony? to me it is better than seeing piece of garbage cover bands. Victor showed alot of heart and passion for the NY Jets... your point about his game against the Jets... wait until the Jets play the Titans and watch Mawaes yap run all day..to me that means nothing..it is what they do while they are here.

I just have a problem with "borderline" players getting recognition. Especially when they became mercenaries.

I know that this is just me, but I think that the Jets are pushing teh envelope in trying to create a sense of history. The Steelers, the Cowboys, the 49ers, players that did something on those teams deserve "days" and retired numbers and retiring in uniform.

Or, a Marino, a Largent, a Steve McNair. That I can get.

Hey, if teh majority of teh fans like it., it is then probably a good idea.

To me, it smears of sham

F Victor Green.

Sorry I had to say that.

I agree Scotty..Just like Cumar saying his favorite game as a Pro was as a Pat playing against the Jets!! The Nerve of that Guy with all the Money he's got from the Jets!! We agree on players like this!!:cheers:

Archived