If ZW Turns His Career Around...

Just now, Jets723 said:

I’m glad they finally let the kid throw.  There was nothing to lose at that point.  The kid has a good arm and has the athletic ability to run and extend plays.  He also has always played better when they pick up the pace 

Agreed...I would also like to see him take off and use his legs and slide more.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

...we might have to thank our defense last night for playing so poorly at the start of the game, putting us in a 17-0 hole.   It basically prevented Nate Hackett from calling the ultra-conservative game that he probably desperately wanted to.

Obviously the defense reads this board. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

...we might have to thank our defense last night for playing so poorly at the start of the game, putting us in a 17-0 hole.   It basically prevented Nate Hackett from calling the ultra-conservative game that he probably desperately wanted to.

Yes. But I think they were going to open up the offense from the get go. The first drive Zach threw on first down and threw multiple times, even though it did not yield points. I think the game plan was to let Zach loose and live with the results.