Game Observations (NYG)

KRL

We need to chill on Rodgers coming back.  I actually don't want to see him
until/unless we have a set and cohesive OLine that he can play behind.  It
would be "team malpractice" to hurry him back and then not protect him. 
A combo of Becton, Tomlinson, Tippmann, (Schweitzer or Newman) and Brown
need to get on and stay on the field for me to consider Rodgers playing

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, KRL said:

We need to chill on Rodgers coming back.  I actually don't want to see him
until/unless we have a set and cohesive OLine that he can play behind.  It
would be "team malpractice" to hurry him back and then not protect him. 
A combo of Becton, Tomlinson, Tippmann, (Schweitzer or Newman) and Brown
need to get on and stay on the field for me to consider Rodgers playing

Again, you are right on the money with this.  But what about Warren Carter?  He has come off of IR, so why is his name not even being brought up?  I mean, the Jets have no issue with putting a practice squad player at center, when our 4th round draft pick remains incognito.

I just don't understand this, I really don't.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Alka said:

Again, you are right on the money with this.  But what about Warren Carter?  He has come off of IR, so why is his name not even being brought up?  I mean, the Jets have no issue with putting a practice squad player at center, when our 4th round draft pick remains incognito.

The impression Saleh gave is that he's just not close to being ready being that he was coming off an injury and was considered raw to begin with 

He's a developmental prospect who they were always planning on red-shirting, IMO

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Alka said:

You aren't wrong.  The good thing about this staff is they promote players based on their

growth.  I was just mentioning the "obvious" candidates

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, KRL said:

You aren't wrong.  The good thing about this staff is they promote players based on their

growth.  I was just mentioning the "obvious" candidates

Very good point.  Perhaps this is an indictment on the drafting of Warren Carter?  I mean, a 4th round draft pick should be considered before an undrafted  guy who was on the practice squad for a total of 2 days, and waived time and again by other teams.  

Tippmann on the other hand, is now a starter, when he isn't injured.  Max Mitchell, a 4th round pick from last year, had no problem getting thrown in there when the Jets needed.

I am seriously feeling that Warren Carter might have been a terrible pick.  Hopefully, your idea of him needing "growth", is the issue, and he can turn into something positive.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Alka said:

How can you have confidence after a bye when the Jets have lost the last 8 games in a row after the bye week?  And almost 9 in a row, except for divine intervention.

I felt confident the Jets were going to win. I thought it was going to be easier for sure. This defense is amazing. Offensively they were terrible, but they won.

The staff is good, they got Aaron Rodgers here. They have this team playing hard and believing in their schemes.

Beat the Chargers on Monday night football and now the Jets are cooking!

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

6 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I felt confident the Jets were going to win. I thought it was going to be easier for sure. This defense is amazing. Offensively they were terrible, but they won.

The staff is good, they got Aaron Rodgers here. They have this team playing hard and believing in their schemes.

Beat the Chargers on Monday night football and now the Jets are cooking!

I actually predicted that the Jets would win by 3 points, in a very hard fought game.  You can look at any of my recent past posts to know this.  I knew it would be an ugly game, with defense ruling the day for both teams. 

I heard the following yesterday, and I believe it to be true:  The Jets will play down to the competition, and up to the competition.   They seem to play poorly against bad teams, and good against good teams.  Just look at the Patriot game, Chiefs game, Bills game, and Eagles game to make my point for me.

I absolutely predict that despite all the injuries, the Jets will beat the Chargers on Monday night!