Jay Cutler

nvot9

jMO to put noodle arm part II in the AFC East is even more insane.

I agree bit.

Also, this is another thing I look at:

If I need to win a game tomorrow I'm taking Leinart, no doubt about it.

BUT, if I want a guy whose going to be the franchise QB for a rebuilding team and if I had to pick a guy I want starting for my team tomorrow and the next 3 years and so on, it's Cutler.

Mike Vick ran a 4.2 and they still caught him and broke his leg. You don't think vince young will get injured? it's not a matter of if but when. Vince can't even carry Vick's luggage in terms of pure athleticism. There's a reason why they don't run the option in the NFL.
Hey bit,Nobody said anything about running the option! I was only talking about ,if the young line that we are going to have falls apart during games that vince gives us the better chance of something positive can come out of a bad play or alot of bad plays.I'd rather vince scrambling for positive yds than cutler taking sacks all day long (hince) david carr? plus vince knows how to win and makes it happen .the kid is the real deal IMO

Hey bit,Nobody said anything about running the option! I was only talking about ,if the young line that we are going to have falls apart during games that vince gives us the better chance of something positive can come out of a bad play or alot of bad plays.I'd rather vince scrambling for positive yds than cutler taking sacks all day long (hince) david carr? plus vince knows how to win and makes it happen .the kid is the real deal IMO

I agree in the sense Vince Young would give the better option for a team with a struggling OLine but if that's why you're taking a QB then that's not a very smart FO.

Also, Cutler worked behind a piss poor OLine at Vandy, Young had a pretty damn good OLine. If you look, all his runs were either designed runs or runs that happened after something didn't happen with the recievers for 15 seconds.

Brady was not a "franchise" QB. Elway is a freak but it took a running game to get him to the SB. Rothi is a functional QB, not a superstar. He was the perfect complimet to Pitts D and power running game. So your past 9 SB's become one.

D line and Oline, control the line of scrimmage.

You got to be kidding, right. Brady not a "franchise QB" ?

How 'bout Elway? Bradshaw? Montana or Young? Aikman? Favre? Staubach? Namath? Starr? Dawson? Would you consider those guys franchise QB's? Brady might be better than all of them by the time he's through.

Between them, along with Brady, they've won 25 of 40 Super Bowls and appeared in another 7. Throw in Jim Kelly and Fran Tarkenton, 2 more HOF'ers, and the SB appearances are up to about 39.

You can win a Super Bowl with a good QB, but you build dynasties with great ones.

Willie,

I think he was referring to where Brady was drafted.

Gotcha, Pat. But most of those guys mentioned (Namath, Staubach, Kelly, Elway, Aikman, etc...) were all great college players and 1st round draft picks. Granted, Brady and Montana were low round picks.

I think the point is if you have a chance to draft a franchise QB or a franchise LT, you go for the QB if you don't already have one. The Jets haven't had one since Namath.

Of course you never know for sure whether or not they're "the franchise" until they do it in the pros. :-)

Archived