GM OR Coaching  

92 members have voted

1. 1. What was worse over last 3/4 years GM OR Coaching

• JD and his staff were worse at their Job than coaching was
    • Saleh and his staff were worse at their job than GM was
    • They equally sucked
    • What are you talking about it wasnt their fault

8 hours ago, Hex said:

I mean, I don't disagree with you, but what exactly has JD accomplished? The Jets still haven't gotten 8 wins in a season under him. If JD has accomplished something, Saleh has with that defense too.

I think a better argument is that Saleh's offense and overall game management and discipline have regressed and the Jets have failed in spite of a lot of what JD did. 

Both are culpable, but I do agree that Saleh is much worse so far. I think JD would do ok with a competent coach.

To me it’s easy. Joe Douglas has suckked balls. Picking qbs, OL, OCs. He came in and declared he is going to “fix the OL “ lol. 2 years in a row now it is ranked last or 2nd to last. All teams have injuries. But I see jets had 9 guys on offense this yr who are not starting on MOST other teams. Ok tippy would start on some more. That’s really sh*tty. Salah was definitely not hired to fix the offense. So it rests all on JD. If you bottom of the league talent at 90% of your offensive, I don’t care what coach you are bringing in. He ain’t doing shhhit with these guys this yr..

On 1/7/2024 at 10:26 AM, TuscanyTile2 said:

How do I even answer this?  Saleh was worse but JD picked Saleh.

Someone should drege up the thread(s) for a Head Coach search.

I'd be interested to see all the 180s from their position when he was hired. 

6 minutes ago, hawk said:

Someone should drege up the thread(s) for a Head Coach search.

I'd be interested to see all the 180s from their position when he was hired. 

I'm sure most people were probably pretty optimistic about him.  But that doesn't mean he hasn't stunk.  And fans don't get paid the big bucks to make these decisions so I still think it's fair to criticize these guys even if you were a fan at the time.  

Joe Douglas prides himself on selecting college players with the C on their chest but failed to follow that philosophy when selecting his QB with the number 2 overall pick.  That has made the biggest difference over the past 3 years.  Wilson has never become that leader or captain of a team.  This was actually a discussion prior to that draft.....It reminds me of the Movie Draft Day when Bo Callahan did not have teammates at his birthday party.

Although there was one question that was raised during the process that wasn't valid and created a negative perception: Wilson wasn't a team captain at BYU thus a red flag should be raised. That point was first brought up by ESPN's Todd McShay and was later aggregated by Jets beat reporter Rich Cimini

The Jets Defense has been above average to very good for 2 seasons... and whenever nearly ANY other QB not named Wilson has played (Barring Boyle, of course. He should never have even made the roster), the Offense has actually looked average to good, even taking into account the O Line and skill position problems... because the GM is bad at his job of roster construction. 

And at least 2 players have been unceremoniously released for highly questionable reasons.

This is all on JD.